LaunchBox Community Forums

8.2-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Alright folks, the first 8.2 beta is out with the following:

- New Feature: Images can now be deleted directly from the game details sidebar in LaunchBox via a new right-click menu

- Improvement: The included CriticalZone theme for Big Box has been updated to version 2; huge thanks to CriticalCid for his continued work on the theme! To use it, select the new "CriticalZoneV2 - Default" theme under Options > Views in Big Box. More versions of the theme are also available on the LaunchBox forums.

- Improvement: A new "Wheel Easing" option has been added to Big Box that makes wheels and CoverFlow appear smoother by easing animations in and out. It's on by default but can be disabled under Options > Views.

I'll be tackling stuff from the poll very shortly, but I'm wrapping up a few smaller things that I was working on in the mean time. :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

- New Feature: Images can now be deleted directly from the game details sidebar in LaunchBox via a new right-click menu

- Improvement: A new "Wheel Easing" option has been added to Big Box that makes wheels and CoverFlow appear smoother by easing animations in and out. It's on by default but can be disabled under Options > Views.

> oh yeah!! 

Wow, this was a nice surprise. I've always wanted the easing option.
As a person who consistently updates their library with custom clear logos, I happily welcome that delete function!

Also, I'm not seeing much difference with easing enabled. Is this because I set the speed to 100ms or 200ms?

The delete image is great. I would like to be able to bypass the prompt asking me if I'm sure.

Edit: also after deleting an image that you had to scroll down to, it resets the images back to the top. It might be nice if it would stay in the same position to continue scrolling the rest without having to start from the top again. 

Just my thoughts. No big deal.

Edited by ckp

Another thing I'm not sure if it's always  been this way or new, but if I have a single Fanart image, it shows up twice, where the second lower instance has the text Fanart above it and the other does not. So I just now realized I have been deleting what I thought was a duplicate fanart when in fact I only had one, so it left me with none for those.

Capture.JPG

Edited by ckp

I just got an error trying to delete one duplicate gameplay screenshot. See screenshot. It would only let me delete the first instance of this duplicate gameplay screenshot but not the second "Donkey Kong-02.jpg"

Capture.JPG

Edit: So this happens every time with duplicates. You can't delete the first one. Maybe it even happens if you only have one single gameplay screenshot.

Edit 2: it may also be important here that  my LB Image type in this MAME platform is set to Screenshot. So, quite possibly this would also happen if you set box front and tried to delete a duplicate box front (just my theory).

Edit 3: so much for my theory , i just jump to snes platform where i have image view set to box front and it won't let be delete a duplicate gameplay screenshot there either. i guess every game has a single gameplay screenshot file locked.

Edited by ckp

1 hour ago, ZeSystem said:

Wow, this was a nice surprise. I've always wanted the easing option.
As a person who consistently updates their library with custom clear logos, I happily welcome that delete function!

Also, I'm not seeing much difference with easing enabled. Is this because I set the speed to 100ms or 200ms?

Yes, though it does still take effect on 200ms. 100ms is too fast for the easing to even occur though. It's hard to tell on 200ms; you'll notice much more of a difference on 300ms or 400ms.

31 minutes ago, ckp said:

I just got an error trying to delete one duplicate gameplay screenshot. See screenshot. It would only let me delete the first instance of this duplicate gameplay screenshot but not the second "Donkey Kong-02.jpg"

Capture.JPG

Edit: So this happens every time with duplicates. You can't delete the first one. Maybe it even happens if you only have one single gameplay screenshot.

Edit 2: it may also be important here that  my LB Image type in this MAME platform is set to Screenshot. So, quite possibly this would also happen if you set box front and tried to delete a duplicate box front (just my theory).

So it sounds like you have your image categories configured so that some images are showing up twice in the sidebar, which is causing some issues. I'll have to take a look to see if there's anything we can do there.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

So it sounds like you have your image categories configured so that some images are showing up twice in the sidebar, which is causing some issues. I'll have to take a look to see if there's anything we can do there.

Not intentionally  =) .  What setting can I change so they don't show up twice in the sidebar? I'm not sure what you mean.

Edit: I think two show up simply because I have two duplicate gameplay screenshot files (one with a dash in the name and one without). I believe LB shows ALL your gameplay screenshot files in the sidebar.  I don't think you have to configure anything to show more than one gameplay screenshot.

Edited by ckp

2 hours ago, ckp said:

Another thing I'm not sure if it's always  been this way or new, but if I have a single Fanart image, it shows up twice, where the second lower instance has the text Fanart above it and the other does not. So I just now realized I have been deleting what I thought was a duplicate fanart when in fact I only had one, so it left me with none for those.

Capture.JPG

Ok, this issue is resolved by going into LB Options->General->Game Details and unchecking "Show Fanart". I have "Show Screenshots" checked and apparently screenshots also includes showing Fanart. So unchecking Show Fanart got rid of seeing it twice. @Jason Carr maybe your comment was meant for this issue and not the delete image error issue?

10 hours ago, ckp said:

Ok, this issue is resolved by going into LB Options->General->Game Details and unchecking "Show Fanart". I have "Show Screenshots" checked and apparently screenshots also includes showing Fanart. So unchecking Show Fanart got rid of seeing it twice. @Jason Carr maybe your comment was meant for this issue and not the delete image error issue?

What I meant is that your image priorities settings are configured to display images in two different places, which I don't believe is typical. Specifically displaying screenshots in fanart, though I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

What I meant is that your image priorities settings are configured to display images in two different places, which I don't believe is typical. Specifically displaying screenshots in fanart, though I could be wrong.

Oh, I'll check. So that is what is causing the delete image error? 

Edit: The problem I'm seeing with deletes is that I have TWO image files inside gameplay screenshots folder, name with the dash# in the name. It won't let me delete one of those duplicates. I'm not sure what that has to do with Fanart though?

Edited by ckp

@Jason Carr, so if you put two image files inside your gameplay screenshot folder and rename them so they have diff LB names, like one of them with -01 or something, you can delete either one that shows in your sidebar? Because I cannot for any like this. Although I can delete either of them just fine by right click edit game.

Edited by ckp