LaunchBox Community Forums

8.2-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

24 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

This issue appears to be caused by that plugin; somehow the plugin is looking for the PCSX2.EXE file in the wrong place, and so it's getting a FileNotFoundException. I don't think there's anything I can do to fix this since the plugin is somehow getting the wrong path. I'm guessing this is a "current directory" issue somehow, but the plugin developer will have to solve it.

Hmm, but  don't think I have any issues or errors if I use old LB gui. I'll double check.

25 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

That's odd. Might be the same weird sorting bug we ran into with LaunchBox. Of course I can't replicate it, but I'll look into it. Does this apply to everything except for platform categories?

On the left pane where platforms are listed (when showing by platform) if I click to show Publisher or Developer, it is not sorted properly, but it is sorted properly in old LB. 

27 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Background images should be working properly and the same as LaunchBox, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

The background image does show and work when i highlight a game, but I can set it to be much more faded in old LB. It's not faded in LB.Next so it kinda gets in your face (for my preference anyway). In old LB I have it set to be very faded so it's hardly seen. hope that makes sense, I don't have LB next to me to use the right setting names in the options.

4 minutes ago, ckp said:

Hmm, but  don't think I have any issues or errors if I use old LB gui. I'll double check.

It doesn't really matter if it happens or not in the old LaunchBox; I'm guessing that somehow the plugin is assuming that the current directory is a certain directory (an unsafe assumption), which is likely causing the issue.

5 minutes ago, ckp said:

On the left pane where platforms are listed (when showing by platform) if I click to show Publisher or Developer, it is not sorted properly, but it is sorted properly in old LB. 

Yeah, I get that. I'm wondering though if it happens for any of the sidebar options or just for Publisher and Developer. My hunch is that it happens for everything except for Platform Category.

3 minutes ago, ckp said:

The background image does show and work when i highlight a game, but I can set it to be much more faded in old LB. It's not faded in LB.Next so it kinda gets in your face (for my preference anyway). In old LB I have it set to be very faded so it's hardly seen. hope that makes sense, I don't have LB next to me to use the right setting names in the options.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I haven't yet implemented background fading for LaunchBox.Next.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, I get that. I'm wondering though if it happens for any of the sidebar options or just for Publisher and Developer. My hunch is that it happens for everything except for Platform Category.

I'm certain most sorted properly. But not these two. I didn't check every single one though. Figured you would check.

5 minutes ago, NJDave71 said:

It Looks like Something changed in the launchbox with one of the beta version...... @Jason Carr do you i need to address this?? 

I suspect it's the same issue related to my plugin library throwing exceptions. Looks like Jason fixed it with Beta 6, but I can't test it until later today. See if beta 6 fixed that exception for your plugin.

Edited by eatkinola
  • Thanks 1

Just now, eatkinola said:

I suspect it's the same issue related to my plugin library throwing exceptions. Looks like Jason fixed it with Beta 6, but I can't test it until later Tuesday. See if beta 6 fixed that exception for your plugin.

Yes, it has been fixed...... This community is very fast with finding things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckp said:

I'm certain most sorted properly. But not these two. I didn't check every single one though. Figured you would check.

None of them are sorted incorrectly for me in my testing. I ask the questions that I ask for good reason lol.

Glad to hear that the plugin issues have been fixed. :)

@Jason Carr I am the developer of the previously mentioned PCSX2 Plugin, thanks for the heads up about the current directory issue, and thanks to @ckp for finding the issue. I had made the assumption that Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() would always point to the LaunchBox root directory, where that doesn't appear to always be the case in LaunchBox.Next. LaunchBox.Next looks awesome btw, and I cannot wait to see how it progresses.

Edited by alec100_94
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 11:57 AM, Jason Carr said:

@eatkinola Let me know if you see any more plugin issues.

If all games for a platform are hidden (e.g., you want to hide that platform):

p.HasGames(showHidden, showBroken);

...still returns true (I would expect false).

p.GetGameCount(showHidden, showBroken);

...appropriately returns zero. Just noticed this while working on a plugin; thought I'd mention in case has anything to do with prior post by @ckp.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alec100_94 said:

@Jason Carr I am the developer of the previously mentioned PCSX2 Plugin, thanks for the heads up about the current directory issue, and thanks to @ckp for finding the issue. I had made the assumption that Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() would always point to the LaunchBox root directory, where that doesn't appear to always be the case in LaunchBox.Next. LaunchBox.Next looks awesome btw, and I cannot wait to see how it progresses.

Thank you Alec; that makes sense. That was probably a side effect of how the original LaunchBox was programmed. You should be able to get the startup folder with System.Windows.Forms.Application.GetStartupPath(), which should ensure that you're in the right folder. :)

Hey all, beta 7 is out now with more of the LaunchBox.Next system menu working. All menu items have been populated in the system menu, but not all of the items work (and some of the Tools menu items currently just don't do anything at all...working on that). However, I have the bottom progress bar working section implemented, and a number of items do use it properly, such as Download Metadata and Media. I'm still trudging through implementing all the menu items, which is the worst part of all of this, but I expect to be done with the rest of the menu items by the end of the week, after which we'll likely put out the official release.

After that we can focus on getting image groups and arrange by working in LaunchBox.Next, and then of course the right-hand game details sidebar, which is the bulk of the remaining features to implement. We're getting there.

At the same time, we're also working on the two Retroarch-related items from the poll: including Retroarch cores in the Launch With menu and simplifying Retroarch core selection. Those may or may not make it into the next official release.

Thanks all. :)

• Like 2