LaunchBox Community Forums

8.2-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

16 hours ago, xoran said:

@Jason Carr I’ve been able to replicate the issue with 2 computers and 3 different video cards. It shows up when spinning through games and I stop on a game that has either a video or screenshot, but no cover flow art.

this only happens with the video background option selected and is in the default theme, at least. I haven’t tested this use case with Critical Zone as I don’t care for the wheel implementation. 

Wow, okay. I guess I'll have to circle back to it. Maybe it just has to do with a setting of mine. I may or may not get to this before the next official release, but I'll do my best.

Beta 10 is out now guys with the following:

- Improvement: A new "RotationAmount" property has been added to the Big Box FlowControl (for theme developers styling the wheels). This allows theme developers to create a more cohesive-feeling wheel with items that rotate as the wheel turns.

I added that by request for @CriticalCid's new Unified theme and just felt like tinkering with it this morning, so I figured why not. It does add a lot more flexibility and styling options to the wheels. I also added a StretchVideo property to the video transition presenters for the theme as well. Keep an eye out for a theme update from Cid. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I also added a StretchVideo property to the video transition presenters for the theme as well.

FINALLY! After 10,000 years I'm freeeee. It's time to conquer earth xD

How about that ability to choose to omit/allow vids or pics from that transition selector?

This change crashes most themes. What do we change to keep this from happening if we are ready to use this yet?

Edit: removed stretchvideos="true" and centervideos="true" from one of the transitionpresenters. Now everything is fine.

Edited by shinra358
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, shinra358 said:

This change crashes most themes. What do we change to keep this from happening if we are ready to use this yet?

Edit: removed stretchvideos="true" and centervideos="true" from one of the transitionpresenters. Now everything is fine.

I see. Perhaps I should fix that lol. I had previously added CenterVideos and StretchVideos but they weren't doing anything. But perhaps I should add those back in just so things don't break?

Those weren't in the code by default (I don't think) so I guess it's fine. I only had to remove it from only one of the codelines. But for cleanliness, probably a good idea.

EDIT: As of now, this actually works (stretching) when put into a border:

<videos:VideoControl VideoPath="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/YourTheme/Videos/Background.mp4"
StretchVideo="true" CenterVideo="false" />

Just seems like stretchvideo and centervideo crashes on the transition presenter only.

Edited by shinra358

@Jason CarrFound a new bug. Using a constant video in the marquee area while scrolling through games causes a memory leak within 2 minutes of scrolling. It then locks up bigbox and windows.

For example:

Clipboard01.png

Marquee = bottom screen (touch tablet)

Top Screen = laptop main screen

The water on the bottom screen is a video. When scrolling through games at the top (with games having background images, videos, and all, when I get through the 2nd cycle, eventually bb will slow down causing windows to do the same and eventually bb will become unresponsive without an error while my cursor will lag and chop throughout windows.

Edited by shinra358

1 hour ago, shinra358 said:

@Jason CarrFound a new bug. Using a constant video in the marquee area while scrolling through games causes a memory leak within 2 minutes of scrolling. It then locks up bigbox and windows.

For example:

Clipboard01.png

Marquee = bottom screen (touch tablet)

Top Screen = laptop main screen

The water on the bottom screen is a video. When scrolling through games at the top (with games having background images, videos, and all, when I get through the 2nd cycle, eventually bb will slow down causing windows to do the same and eventually bb will become unresponsive without an error while my cursor will lag and chop throughout windows.

That makes sense. I don't believe marquees are configured properly currently for videos, which is why they're not being disposed. At this point I don't think we can do videos in the marquees, but I do believe that was on the poll, so hopefully soon enough.

32 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

That makes sense. I don't believe marquees are configured properly currently for videos, which is why they're not being disposed. At this point I don't think we can do videos in the marquees, but I do believe that was on the poll, so hopefully soon enough.

If and whenever you do get to some updates on marquee stuff you will have made my day. Been holding on for the day we can get some marquee update love :D Gif support or video support would be awesome. To be honest I am just happy LB/BB keeps getting better and better. Thanks @Jason Carr for all the hard work. 

• Like 1

On 2018-04-07 at 2:00 PM, Jason Carr said:

Beta 10 is out now guys with the following:

- Improvement: A new "RotationAmount" property has been added to the Big Box FlowControl (for theme developers styling the wheels). This allows theme developers to create a more cohesive-feeling wheel with items that rotate as the wheel turns.

I added that by request for @CriticalCid's new Unified theme and just felt like tinkering with it this morning, so I figured why not. It does add a lot more flexibility and styling options to the wheels. I also added a StretchVideo property to the video transition presenters for the theme as well. Keep an eye out for a theme update from Cid. :)

I just fired up LaunchBox.Next (Beta 10) and noticed a problem which I believed might have been reported in an earlier beta. When viewing by Platforms, the platform names are not sorted alphabetically as they are in LaunchBox (WinForm).

5aca84d181698_LaunchBox.nextplatformsnotsorted.thumb.png.36523a9f72ec418444d8508415dbbeee.png

45 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

If and whenever you do get to some updates on marquee stuff you will have made my day. Been holding on for the day we can get some marquee update love :D Gif support or video support would be awesome. To be honest I am just happy LB/BB keeps getting better and better. Thanks @Jason Carr for all the hard work. 

gifs work without memory leak but they take 1000 years to load every time xD

21 hours ago, Pacman56 said:

I just fired up LaunchBox.Next (Beta 10) and noticed a problem which I believed might have been reported in an earlier beta. When viewing by Platforms, the platform names are not sorted alphabetically as they are in LaunchBox (WinForm).

5aca84d181698_LaunchBox.nextplatformsnotsorted.thumb.png.36523a9f72ec418444d8508415dbbeee.png

This is still a known issue for me to fix.

• Thanks 1

Beta 11 is out now guys. The main addition in this beta is that the "Hide Games with Missing Media" features have been completed for Big Box now as well. You'll find the same options as LaunchBox in the Big Box general options. If anyone can do any testing on those, I'd appreciate it as I don't feel like we've extensively tested them (unless people have and just haven't been vocal about it).

At this point I'm focusing on just making sure everything is stable; if all goes well, we're shooting for an official release on Wednesday.

• Like 6

i posted a comment early on about hide games with missing videos coming up with the wrong result on my test setup.

My earlier comment about it:

"i'm not sure what hide games missing videos should do since out of my 4471 games, checking that feature shows 13 games in the ALL platform, yet i have ZERO videos for any games."

Edited by ckp

4 minutes ago, ckp said:

i posted a comment early on about hide games with missing videos coming up with the wrong result on my test setup.

My earlier comment about it:

"i'm not sure what hide games missing videos should do since out of my 4471 games, checking that feature shows 13 games in the ALL platform, yet i have ZERO videos for any games."

That's right. I'm guessing LaunchBox thinks you have videos somewhere, somehow; I don't know how else that could be happening. Honestly, I'm betting you do have videos that you just don't know are there; there are theme videos that are automatically downloaded from the LaunchBox Games Database for a handful of games that James Baker has created for us.

Nope, my videos folder is empty and i created this LB from scratch with no videos as my portable LB.  I just checked my theme folder and nothing in those video folders also. I don;t have any platform videos either as I set this up with 0 videos.