LaunchBox Community Forums

8.2-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

ok found it. my arcade.xml has 13 .mp4 in video paths. that must be it. i might have copied my arcade.xml from my main LB to this portable since i brought all the same games into this one. no videos, but the xml thinks so i guess. all good

edit: still it seems odd because my main LB setup has videos for every mame game. not really sure why 13 are set to a video in this setup xml but i'll find replace so there aren't any set.

Edited by ckp

1 hour ago, ckp said:

ok found it. my arcade.xml has 13 .mp4 in video paths. that must be it. i might have copied my arcade.xml from my main LB to this portable since i brought all the same games into this one. no videos, but the xml thinks so i guess. all good

edit: still it seems odd because my main LB setup has videos for every mame game. not really sure why 13 are set to a video in this setup xml but i'll find replace so there aren't any set.

Gotcha. Usually that happens when you manually specify a video path. So those 13 were probably manually specified.

Edit: That does raise a good point though. Perhaps we should check to make sure the video file exists (though that's just another thing to slow down the process).

i'd rather you not slow anything down  :). slower=bad, haha

the forum gods/mods can tell people the reason it might be happening and can fix that in xml, unless you don't want to encourage people manually hacking the xml.

49 minutes ago, ckp said:

i'd rather you not slow anything down  :). slower=bad, haha

the forum gods/mods can tell people the reason it might be happening and can fix that in xml, unless you don't want to encourage people manually hacking the xml.

Don't really have to hack the XML as you can just remove the paths from the Add/Edit dialog in the video field.

is it possible to have right click save to favourites here , perhaps its a bigbox feature "dont own, sorry if it's a stupid request" ...

reason for request ... having to double click to enter the context menu is a workflow killer ...  right click save FAV ... "BOOM"

fav.png

Edited by onlinerender

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

if you have your games details pane open in LB you can favorite from there just click the heart icon

Lol, well you learn something new everyday, I always went into the edit screen and did it there, that is much quicker.

7 minutes ago, onlinerender said:

is it possible to have right click save to favourites here , perhaps its a bigbox feature

It is available in Bigbox also in the game details screen.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:40 AM, Jason Carr said:

Beta 11 is out now guys. The main addition in this beta is that the "Hide Games with Missing Media" features have been completed for Big Box now as well. You'll find the same options as LaunchBox in the Big Box general options. If anyone can do any testing on those, I'd appreciate it as I don't feel like we've extensively tested them (unless people have and just haven't been vocal about it).

At this point I'm focusing on just making sure everything is stable; if all goes well, we're shooting for an official release on Wednesday.

If you hide games with missing media in Big Box, will they still show up in Launchbox?

Thanks, great stuff!

2 minutes ago, spectral said:

Is there a way to display only games with missing media? It would help narrow down games that need media adding in large collections.

You can use the audit function in LB and sort by one of the columns which show the # of art files per type.

Extraordinary release , congrat @Jason Carr 

I would just like to report a "problem" . 
Often the screen  "loading game" , it disappears immediately . 
since I mainly use Launchbox in my bartop, this allows my children to run the same game 2-3 times, with the belief that the game has not been started.
If I can suggest a solution ..
Launchbox should resume commands, only after you quit from the game we have started.
Launch Game = STOP LaunchBox 
Quit Game = Launchbox resume from sleep .

13 minutes ago, dov_EL said:

Extraordinary release , congrat @Jason Carr 

I would just like to report a "problem" . 
Often the screen  "loading game" , it disappears immediately . 
since I mainly use Launchbox in my bartop, this allows my children to run the same game 2-3 times, with the belief that the game has not been started.
If I can suggest a solution ..
Launchbox should resume commands, only after you quit from the game we have started.
Launch Game = STOP LaunchBox 
Quit Game = Launchbox resume from sleep .

Thanks @dov_EL. I do plan to improve that with the new startup screen item from the poll. :)

• Like 1

Did a clean installation of Launch and try to use Next i get this

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.2
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void (Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AddGamesForm, System.Object, System.EventArgs)
Source:  LaunchBox

at (AddGamesForm , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AddGamesForm.romsCommandLink_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Recent Log:

15:28:18 Exception