LaunchBox Community Forums

8.2-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 4/2/2018 at 3:26 PM, Jason Carr said:

One more thing; please let me know if games are still not populating on first launch in beta 7.

it's all good and working now Jason. just tried the new beta.

also, i don't know if it's just me or not, but any time i launch .next the loading screen comes up very briefly then disappears for the rest of the load, where you can see launchbox in the taskbar but nothing else appears to be going on for a few seconds and then lb.next comes up. 

also, btw, old LB comes up almost twice as fast as lb.next on my somewhat small videoless test/portable setup.

Edit: so weird, now the longer startup of .next has gone away and the few seconds of no loading screen has also gone away.

Edit2: ok happens a few startups after each reboot then goes back to normal

Edited by ckp

Looks like there's some sort of sort order issue happening in launchbox.next still/again.  Several platforms in the list are not alphabetically while in platform view (eg. Atari Jaguar, Nintendo 3DS, NEC TurboGrafx-16 in the screenshot below).  I thought I read earlier in this thread that this was reported and fixed.  If so, it looks like it's re-appeared.  If it has not been fixed yet, then please ignore this but report :)... Screenshot provided.

Thx,
CDBlue

Platform sort bug.png

Edited by CDBlue

i can say my platform view is sorted properly in old LB and .next. The problem reported before was in old LB but now you seem to be having it in lb.next which i don't think has been reported yet, at least not for the Platform view. for me, Publisher and Developer are not sorted properly in lb.next 

Edited by ckp

@Jason Carr The issue with the games not populating on first launch seems to have been fixed and works correctly on my system in the newest beta.

On another note I do not think this is a new issue but I have been getting several blank screens with audio with the startup videos upon launching BigBox. It use to happen less frequent but seems to happen more often now like maybe 3 out of 10 times if I had to take a guess.

On 4/2/2018 at 8:51 PM, d3cyph3r said:

I had messed up sorting on beta 7 too until I turned off the show "all" category. 

My Platforms were sorted right, but  not by Publisher or Developer. Turning off ALL fixed the sorting for Publisher and Developer, but I'd like to keep All.

Edited by ckp

Alright, beta 8 is out. We finally have the rest of the LaunchBox.Next system menu working properly, though there are still a few items that will just say "Coming soon" due to missing LaunchBox.Next features (such as the game details sidebar, image groups, etc.). From here I'm planning to focus on fixing any obvious glitches and adding a few housekeeping things like automatic updates, and then we'll look to put out the official release early next week.

I believe the issues with the Options screen are fixed in this beta; let me know if not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright, beta 8 is out. We finally have the rest of the LaunchBox.Next system menu working properly, though there are still a few items that will just say "Coming soon" due to missing LaunchBox.Next features (such as the game details sidebar, image groups, etc.). From here I'm planning to focus on fixing any obvious glitches and adding a few housekeeping things like automatic updates, and then we'll look to put out the official release early next week.

I believe the issues with the Options screen are fixed in this beta; let me know if not.

Is the Next/options thing fixed? I nearly reset my language settings by mistake.

On 3/15/2018 at 5:20 PM, Jason Carr said:

What video playback engine are you using? WMP or VLC?

@Jason Carr This display bug is still present in the current beta.  It seems the only hay to make that graphical glitch go away is to exit back to the platform wheel, or restart Big Box.

Beta 9 is out now guys. I've been mainly patching holes and fixing minor issues with LaunchBox.Next. But also:

- Improvement: The default platforms and settings for the Retroarch emulator have been updated with more platforms and more modern core choices

- Improvement: RetroHumanoid's amazing theme videos have been added as an option to the Platform/Playlist theme video downloads

We're looking to put out the official release early/mid next week.

• Like 4

On 4/4/2018 at 1:16 PM, xoran said:

@Jason Carr This display bug is still present in the current beta.  It seems the only hay to make that graphical glitch go away is to exit back to the platform wheel, or restart Big Box.

I can't replicate that issue no matter how hard I try, so I'm guessing it's a one-off issue with certain video card drivers or something similar. Has anyone else ever seen the below issue?

On 3/14/2018 at 3:50 AM, xoran said:

Ok, not sure how long this bug has been there, but I just noticed it in the beta. 

When using full screen cover flow and the attract stops on a game that is missing video, this artifact shows up and never goes away. The only way to fix it is to exit back to main platform selection wheel, or to restart BigBox. 

Photo atached

17B19A6C-B390-46AA-BA2B-6B54071285A4.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I can't replicate that issue no matter how hard I try, so I'm guessing it's a one-off issue with certain video card drivers or something similar. Has anyone else ever seen the below issue?

@Jason Carr I’ve been able to replicate the issue with 2 computers and 3 different video cards. It shows up when spinning through games and I stop on a game that has either a video or screenshot, but no cover flow art.

this only happens with the video background option selected and is in the default theme, at least. I haven’t tested this use case with Critical Zone as I don’t care for the wheel implementation.