LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

20 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Man! You just keep making this better and better. I need to find me some marquees. Is there anything left to do in this theme?

If only the details view could get fixed, my setup would be perfect, especially with all the media packs you already released. Maybe one day Jason will get around to fixing it.

Besides the odd fix,and revamping the whole thing to a 2.0 if Jason works on the details view...I will just be adding themes for more platforms until I have them mostly covered. I also have to make the videos for the new added platforms,and any future ones I add. After this next batch of videos is done though,I take a short break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

here are the new instructions...and the new theme has been uploaded...

*Capable of displaying Marquees for each game in the marquee area of the cabinets

In order to make this work properly,you must go into LaunchBox options,and change the priority for Cart Back Image to Arcade - Marquee,and uncheck anything else. This has been updated from the previous method,and if you still have the version where you have to add marquees to the theme folder,i highly suggest you update it again to this new version.

Is it possible to have the theme to look for a secondary image in the event the marquee folder doesnt have the needed image.  I set clear logo as a backup just to try, they fit pretty well, but the default Arcade marquee bleeds through.  Are the marquees set to completely cover the default and its actually there, just hidden behind the marquee logo?  

2 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

Is it possible to have the theme to look for a secondary image in the event the marquee folder doesnt have the needed image.  I set clear logo as a backup just to try, they fit pretty well, but the default Arcade marquee bleeds through.  Are the marquees set to completely cover the default and its actually there, just hidden behind the marquee logo?  

That was actually my first plan...and the default marquees are on the cabinet art (It's one picture). I have defaults that I use for my actual marquee monitor above my cabinet,that I was going to put on the cabinet pictures instead (like below),and have the clear logos in the center...but,that is a bit of work,and something for another update in the future.

_Default.thumb.png.7fd14ab50bd1a0e93a5f98b50e36c14b.png_Default.thumb.png.20ed5094ffdeb0efeef9b0b40bbb4b50.png

_Default.thumb.png.65619c14492117b398c1e6e621870bb4.png

I am not much good with photo editing, I tried using paint (MAJOR FAIL) to cut out the default marquee but lost all transparency and nothing showed.  Would it be possible to have a Arcade video border with just a plain grayish or transparent marquee background that the clear logo could show over. may not be a perfect solution but might work.  

57 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

honestly,getting the logos to show is the easy part...it's modifying the 65+ different arcade pictures that is the real work. Like I mentioned though,I plan on doing it at some point.

I see what you mean.  I managed to get a modified cab work with the arcade platform.  But I now realize you would have to do the same thing for every one of the cabinets in the video border folder.  As someone said, you do great work so fast! ?

@RetroHumanoid  Cheers!  This theme is awesome.  I've never fully let go of the great feeling I had when I completed my first full Hyperspin build.  My move to Launchbox has always felt like the right thing to do, but the build never felt 'fun' like my older Hyperspin build. Until now.  You are the man!  This theme rocks and it makes me smile every day :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, joshjzx said:

Where are all the media files supposed to get saved to?

i may have missed it somewhere

Videos go in "Launchbox/Videos/Platforms/" and "Launchbox/Videos/Playlists"...they should be named the exact same name that your platform/playlist is named.

Logos go in "Launchbox/Images/Platforms/(System Name)/Clear Logo/" or "Launchbox/Images/Playlists/(Playlist Name)/Clear Logo/" ...and follows the same naming rule.