LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

LB 9.1 and new Refried 1.6.  When i use the platform category view, i am still getting the Arcade video border in "All Games" and no platform logo above the video in the other playlists for categories other than arcade.  The arcade platform category works perfectly, showing the playlist in the arcade marquee and changing the video border.  This was an issue before, was this fixed in the 1.6 update or is it just my setup?

1 hour ago, ed20910 said:

LB 9.1 and new Refried 1.6.  When i use the platform category view, i am still getting the Arcade video border in "All Games" and no platform logo above the video in the other playlists for categories other than arcade.  The arcade platform category works perfectly, showing the playlist in the arcade marquee and changing the video border.  This was an issue before, was this fixed in the 1.6 update or is it just my setup?

Is this in the Default theme,or are you using the Arcade addon? When you say "categories other than arcade", do you mean consoles and handheld system playlists show no logo?

sorry, let me try again.  I have been messing with everything over the last hour, not sure what i did but the arcade border seems to have gone away from the consoles/handhelds but the playlists still show the default border and not the platform specific. 

Default theme, view platform categories options, when i go into any platform other than arcade (handhelds, console, computers) that have the newly generated playlists, the video border is the default white and not platform specific border.  Systems that do not have any playlists show the correct platform specific border when using the category view.  The arcade platform category/playlist works as intended using the default theme, the video border changes depending on the playlist type. 

well, i spoke to soon. i broke it again.  going back and forth between unified redux and refried, the arcade border is back. ?

Platform Category/Consoles/Nintendo Consoles/Nintendo 64/All Games playlist

788897255_N64allgames.thumb.png.c222c767ac07555e987e72ab9f3da720.png

Platform Category/Consoles/Nintendo Consoles/Super Nintendo Entertainment System/Action playlist457956811_snesaction.thumb.png.87207a5a60c64c44d03c25a7d8c603fb.png

14 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

well, i spoke to soon. i broke it again.  going back and forth between unified redux and refried, the arcade border is back. ?

Platform Category/Consoles/Nintendo Consoles/Nintendo 64/All Games playlist

788897255_N64allgames.thumb.png.c222c767ac07555e987e72ab9f3da720.png

Platform Category/Consoles/Nintendo Consoles/Super Nintendo Entertainment System/Action playlist457956811_snesaction.thumb.png.87207a5a60c64c44d03c25a7d8c603fb.png

go into "WheelGamesView","Wheel2GamesView", and "Wheel3GamesView" xaml files in the default theme....change the instances that say FilterTitle to KnownPlatformOrPlaylistTitle

Save them and see if this fixes it...it shoud...somehow the default slipped by me for that change

"TextGamesView" as well

Edited by RetroHumanoid

That fixed it!!

One other thing i noticed in going through the different views and add-on themes is the box art seems to vary in size from view to view and even the add-on sometimes has a different size.  Was this intentional? I havent dug into the xaml code to see if i can maybe spot the line that references and see the size differences.  I was happy i found the setting to enable 4x3.  Go me. 

1 minute ago, ed20910 said:

That fixed it!!

One other thing i noticed in going through the different views and add-on themes is the box art seems to vary in size from view to view and even the add-on sometimes has a different size.  Was this intentional? I havent dug into the xaml code to see if i can maybe spot the line that references and see the size differences.  I was happy i found the setting to enable 4x3.  Go me. 

The box/cart/disc art sizes are somewhat intentional...I have planned to go through each theme and resize/finalize/fix positioning for that stuff...but,just haven't had the time

2 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

The box/cart/disc art sizes are somewhat intentional...I have planned to go through each theme and resize/finalize/fix positioning for that stuff...but,just haven't had the time

Thanks. was curious on that one.  I like the bigger box with smaller cart.  Some of them the cart/disc is too big and covers the box art.  Havent had the time?? I can't imagine why? all the work on the new logos and a new addition to the fam?  i tip my hat and kudos to you for all the eye candy you have brought to the scene. THANK YOU!! ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Released version 1.6.1 with changes to the Console,Arcade,and Default themes...do not overwrite the themes...you must delete the old ones and place the new versions in the theme folder

is this to fix the issue i had earlier today? or were there other changes?

1 minute ago, ed20910 said:

is this to fix the issue i had earlier today? or were there other changes?

Some discs were not spinning in the Consoles addons....and I have reworked the Arcade theme,as well as how the Default theme handles playlists...you probably want to update,as there were more problems then what you were experiencing

I knew i should have went to bed. lol  in testing with platform category view, the arcade systems/playlists do not have the specific video borders anymore.  I noticed the border images were moved out of the default theme/video border folder and put in the arcade add on's video border folder.  if i copy the borders over to the default they work fine. also, i have a couple of arcade playlists in my main platform wheel and when using the platform view, they lacked the proper border.  again, copying the borders over fixed the issue.  not sure of the other issues but it was working pretty good after the couple of tweaks earlier today. ?

30 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

I knew i should have went to bed. lol  in testing with platform category view, the arcade systems/playlists do not have the specific video borders anymore.  I noticed the border images were moved out of the default theme/video border folder and put in the arcade add on's video border folder.  if i copy the borders over to the default they work fine. also, i have a couple of arcade playlists in my main platform wheel and when using the platform view, they lacked the proper border.  again, copying the borders over fixed the issue.  not sure of the other issues but it was working pretty good after the couple of tweaks earlier today. ?

Ok..either you are doing something really right...or i'm doing something really wrong...

You are saying,that in the default theme,with no addon enabled,you can see (for example) the Konami Classics arcade machine border,while browsing the Konami Classics games wheel?...and all you had to do was drop the borders back into the default themes videoborder folder?

Alright...I figured out the issue,and tested Redux to have the same exact problem...so it isn't the theme. @Jason Carr I will tag you ,as I am sure you would like to hear about the issue as well,so maybe there is a fix of some kind.

This pertains to the "KnownPlatformorPlaylistTitle" command recently added.

If your Arcade Platform List looks like this:

List1.thumb.png.263eede8c247ae34772d934820d86631.png

Then everything works fine with the command...but,if your setup looks like this...

List2.thumb.png.4b6a3a85975f0bbb53a372fba2fe1c3d.png

Then it does not display the designated artwork for the ones underlined in red,instead it shows the artwork from the root parent,which is "Arcade". Although it does display the artwork correctly for green,and possibly blue,but that wasn't verified.

When I change to "FilterTitle" it works perfectly across all Arcade Platforms/Playlists no matter how nested they are...but,it also borks up the rest of the systems in the theme (Consoles,Handhelds,etc)

I know this was tested before release,and I said it was good..but,I just started to deal with nested categories after someone mentioned an issue yesterday,and then after a day of tinkering,found this to be the issue. When I made changes that fixed it for them,it broke it for me...and vice versa...turns out,it's because we use different menu systems in our setup.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Ok..either you are doing something really right...or i'm doing something really wrong...

You are saying,that in the default theme,with no addon enabled,you can see (for example) the Konami Classics arcade machine border,while browsing the Konami Classics games wheel?...and all you had to do was drop the borders back into the default themes videoborder folder?

yes. using the platform category view, with 1.61, no specific border (Konami Classics).  once i copied the borders from the arcade addon into the default theme. everything worked as it should.