LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

1 minute ago, angelobodetti said:

I'm literally going one by one right now but I have hit a couple so far (again they aren't the most widely adopted platforms)

- Doujin Soft Games

- Locomolito Games

- MSX 2+

ok..I will add them to the to-do list...but,for now,yes,you can copy/paste a background,and name the copy after your system

1 hour ago, RetroHumanoid said:

ok..I will add them to the to-do list...but,for now,yes,you can copy/paste a background,and name the copy after your system

Awesome, no rush as I am sure they are not very common. I went through every single platform and playlist and here is everything that was missing:

- Doujin Soft
- Locomolito
- MSX 2+
- Nintendo 64 HD
- Philips VideoPac Plus G7400
- Ball & Paddle Genre
- Maze Genre
- Multigames Genre
- Angry Video Game Nerd Collection

New Version 1.5 has been uploaded.

Biggest changes are the Community Star Ratings/No. Players Icons have been added to each theme and the Arcade theme has been released with dynamic marquees.

A total of 66 new platform themes have been added to the zip folders for each category.

Please refer to the Theme description itself,as well as the update post at the bottom of that page,for any more info on the changes.

Arcade.thumb.png.ead03ac1ef22a13e49902d137540a137.png1205126919_NintendoEntertainmentSystem.thumb.png.9f370e2a222b7474bbdab1bbcb98bf15.png1974214908_Nintendo64.thumb.png.8f1857ea5f3de97b15be921f1061b03e.png

• Like 8

Awesome update to the arcade theme.  Pretty sure i did the symbolic link right for the arcade marquees but they are not working using the default naming from launchbox, "Game name-01".  I renamed the symbolic link folder to match the folder "marquees" but the only way the dynamic marquee is reflected is if i manually rename the marquee name in the arcade marquee folder to the actual rom name. Not sure if there is a way to have the xaml fuzzy match or we need to rename the files to match the rom name.  I do miss having the 3D box as part of the dynamic, clear logo view. ?  I like using the arcade cab as the 3D box.

Edit:

also, with the symbolic link, the files cannot be in the region folders created by launchbox.

Edited by ed20910

5 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

Awesome update to the arcade theme.  Pretty sure i did the symbolic link right for the arcade marquees but they are not working using the default naming from launchbox, "Game name-01".  I renamed the symbolic link folder to match the folder "marquees" but the only way the dynamic marquee is reflected is if i manually rename the marquee name in the arcade marquee folder to the actual rom name. Not sure if there is a way to have the xaml fuzzy match or we need to rename the files to match the rom name.  I do miss having the 3D box as part of the dynamic, clear logo view. ?  I like using the arcade cab as the 3D box.

image.thumb.png.da9946c6e002a0e5601287f9fbaec498.png

I am not talking about the video marquee.  Its the static marquee.  In the instructions it says you can use a symbolic link to use the launchbox arcade marquee folder instead of having 2 folders containing the same images. 

Anyone who knows how to do symbolic links,can use that to connect the Marquees folder to the Arcade images marquees folder as well.

The issue is that the Theme is looking for the rom naming convention and not the game name.  I even tried using the themes default marquee folder and putting in the Marvel Super Heroes-01 image, no luck.  As soon as i renamed it to msh, it worked right away, without a image cache refresh.

18 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

Edit:

also, with the symbolic link, the files cannot be in the region folders created by launchbox.

Hmm...looks like symbolic links won't work the way I thought they would then unfortunately...I will change the theme description and get rid of that line. The only way is to name them after the rom and place them in the theme images folder as stated,or to symbolic link and rename them to the rom name. If jason implements a priority list for marquees in LaunchBox,this will be solved and real easy to get working 100%.

As far as the 3d box...that is in the theme...it's the disc/cart art that isn't.

If you want to turn on the disc cart art,then you can open wheel3gamesview or wheel4gamesview and scroll till you see this...

<!-- DISC X-AXIS MOVEMENT
            <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(TransformGroup.Children)[2].(TranslateTransform.X)" Storyboard.TargetName="DiscImage">
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.4" Value="4000"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.6" Value="0"/>
            </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>    -->        

Then scroll to this...

<!-- DISC IMAGE
            <Image x:Name="DiscImage" Grid.Column="4" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Grid.Row="3" Grid.RowSpan="3" Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.CartFrontImagePath}" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="9" Margin="-200,0,125,-150" Stretch="Uniform" VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Left" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5">
                <Image.RenderTransform>
                    <TransformGroup>
                        <ScaleTransform/>
                        <RotateTransform />
                        <TranslateTransform X="4000"/>
                    </TransformGroup>
                </Image.RenderTransform>
                </Image> -->

Erase the parts in blue and then save it...you will have carts/discs

Edited by RetroHumanoid

I'm gonna take a look at the code and work with it a bit...there has to be a better way for marquees. I will reference my actual marquee xaml's and see if the code can be used from that in a way that doesn't require so much work from the users end. Maybe I rushed the arcade theme a bit too fast,but,hey...it's something for people to mess with I guess.

6 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Maybe I rushed the arcade theme a bit too fast,but,hey...it's something for people to mess with I guess.

Not too fast in my opinion. Something new that we have not seen in themes before. I really like this addition. Small touches sometimes make big improvements. 

• Like 1

I agree, not rushed.  That's what we are here for, testing to find the bugs. lol  It's a really cool idea, especially the video marquee.  I've never used another frontend so I am not sure if this has been before.

I managed to get the cabinet to show with the code change. @RetroHumanoid, do any of the values in those lines change the size of the cart image?

One other item of note on the marquees, they have to be .png files, the theme does not pick up .jpg.

here are the new instructions...and the new theme has been uploaded...

*Capable of displaying Marquees for each game in the marquee area of the cabinets

In order to make this work properly,you must go into LaunchBox options,and change the priority for Cart Back Image to Arcade - Marquee,and uncheck anything else. This has been updated from the previous method,and if you still have the version where you have to add marquees to the theme folder,i highly suggest you update it again to this new version.

Man! You just keep making this better and better. I need to find me some marquees. Is there anything left to do in this theme?

If only the details view could get fixed, my setup would be perfect, especially with all the media packs you already released. Maybe one day Jason will get around to fixing it.

• Like 1