LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

Here's another batch of addon themes. 

I added a folder named the same as the default Unified Refried folder with the same structure that includes the background and video border as well. You'll have to move those two files into the base theme.

Unified Refried - Blizzard.zip

Unified Refried - Nintendo DSiWare.zip

Unified Refried - Nintendo e-shop.zip

Unified Refried - Nintendo Wii Virtual Console.zip

Unified Refried - Sony PlayStation 4.zip

I was wondering if there was a way to change the main platforms to static images instead of videos and have a video playing in a box on image.  I was thinking something like this and have a video play in the box frame.  A bit like the nostalgia theme.

Atari 2600.png

Edited by yelever

4 minutes ago, yelever said:

I was wondering if there was a way to change the main platforms to static images instead of videos and have a video playing in a box on image.  I was thinking something like this and have a video play in the box frame.  A bit like the nostalgia theme.

Atari 2600.png

You can run any main theme you want really...as long as you have the Unified Refried default theme in your theme folder for the addons to reference..the game info screen will take on the properties of the main theme though

Edited by RetroHumanoid

3 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

You can run any main theme you want really...as long as you have the Unified Refried default theme in your theme folder for the addons to reference..the game info screen will take on the properties of the main theme though

I mean keep the add-ons but have these as the main platforms with a video playing in the boxframe.  I've tried putting the image in different places on different themes and still get a video playing the fullscreen and no image if that makes sense.

4 hours ago, yelever said:

Atari 2600.png

No you can't. You have 2 options here:

1. You can have a static image with no video at all. just place the image in the video platforms folder and delete the video for that platform. 

2. If you want a video playing inside the tv frame, you need to create a video of the whole thing. You can use Adobe Premier and import your static image and then import the video and place it inside the frame. then save the video of the whole thing.

20 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

No you can't. You have 2 options here:

1. You can have a static image with no video at all. just place the image in the video platforms folder and delete the video for that platform. 

2. If you want a video playing inside the tv frame, you need to create a video of the whole thing. You can use Adobe Premier and import your static image and then import the video and place it inside the frame. then save the video of the whole thing.

On the Nostalgia theme it has the static images for each system and separate videos play in the TV frames so I'm guessing it can be done some how.

2 minutes ago, yelever said:

On the Nostalgia theme it has the static images for each system and separate videos play in the TV frames so I'm guessing it can be done some how.

The Refried theme is not set up that way...in order to do what you are asking,it requires a rewrite of the Platform view xaml. You can feel free to browse through the default Refried menu artwork..it's in the Images folder inside the theme...and you can replace them with the ones you want to use...but,you will still need to alter the location and size of the video,as well as remove alot of stuff you don't want from it or it will still show. This will also only change the default artwork,so it will be the same across the whole theme for all platforms. If you want different art for each system,while it is possible,that's just not possible with this theme. I did mess around with different images for each system in the platform view,but,it was not the direction I wanted to go in the end with the theme,so I abandoned the idea and scratched the code.

2 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

The Refried theme is not set up that way...in order to do what you are asking,it requires a rewrite of the Platform view xaml. You can feel free to browse through the default Refried menu artwork..it's in the Images folder inside the theme...and you can replace them with the ones you want to use...but,you will still need to alter the location and size of the video,as well as remove alot of stuff you don't want from it or it will still show. This will also only change the default artwork,so it will be the same across the whole theme for all platforms. If you want different art for each system,while it is possible,that's just not possible with this theme. I did mess around with different images for each system in the platform view,but,it was not the direction I wanted to go in the end with the theme,so I abandoned the idea and scratched the code.

OK no problem.

5 hours ago, angelobodetti said:

@RetroHumanoid all the new sub categories look great. I look forward to adding to my build.

Do we need to wait for an updated refried or will it all work now? I know i saw some random threads with issues and I see that a new official release came out.

I have to update the Default theme...as well as the Collections/Genres/Developer/Favorites packages...the platform addons should technically not need any changes. I will make that a priority today.

3 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Love all the updates to this theme, so much work done!

May I ask what sound pack you run with the theme @RetroHumanoid

I'm pretty sure the default sounds...I haven't messed with sounds yet

23 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

I have to update the Default theme...as well as the Collections/Genres/Developer/Favorites packages...the platform addons should technically not need any changes. I will make that a priority today.

I'm pretty sure the default sounds...I haven't messed with sounds yet

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I personally use the hyperspin pack from here on the forums as the unified is based off of that.

That's the one I am using currently Neil (Y)

Intrested to see if you make a sound pack, youve basically customised EVERY other feature possible haha, keep up the great work with all the logos :)