LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

1 hour ago, Styphelus said:

Does anyone know what values control the positioning and size of the box art and cart? I want to make some adjustments on my end (OCD). 

The simplest way is to adjust these numbers till you get it where you want it...they will vary per theme,but,they all are under the Margin setting...anything beyond that requires you to redo the entire grid in the theme,which is going to throw the whole thing off.

<!-- 3D BOX -->
            <Image x:Name="CoverImage" Grid.Column="2" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Grid.Row="1" Grid.RowSpan="4" Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Box3DImagePath}" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="6" Margin="25,-30,25,30" Stretch="Uniform" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Right" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" >
                <Image.RenderTransform>
                    <TransformGroup>
                        <ScaleTransform/>
                        <SkewTransform/>
                        <RotateTransform/>
                        <TranslateTransform Y="-4320"/>
                    </TransformGroup>
                </Image.RenderTransform>
            </Image>

1 hour ago, Styphelus said:

Also, is it possible to add a star ratting at the bottom?

Where did you want to add it exactly?...and do you mean text,or the actual stars?

2 hours ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Where did you want to add it exactly?...and do you mean text,or the actual stars?

Actual stars in the same line as the year/publisher/genre text or underneath it. Whatever works with the theme/code.

Thanks for giving me to box cover values. This is the only theme I'll be using form now on.

3 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Actual stars in the same line as the year/publisher/genre text or underneath it. Whatever works with the theme/code.

@RetroHumanoid just in case you are interested in pulling this off, check the below post by Surhvivor; he and bmonomad were able to merge graphical additions for Cid's theme, and got a bottom bar with Completed/Favorite/Players/Stars as images. You can download the file and play with it.

How it looks:

image.png.6c4cc780411a3fa66b8168ae76a434cf.thumb.png.7e861fb4d2d7f0117e76790648f8a97f.png

5 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

I did consider adding that in the beginning...I believe it requires a plugin...I will look into adding it in the future,when I am done with all the addon themes. Another thing I considered,was using the actual systems controllers to display the amount of players a game is...but,that is on the shelf for now.

6 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

@RetroHumanoid just in case you are interested in pulling this off, check the below post by Surhvivor; he and bmonomad were able to merge graphical additions for Cid's theme, and got a bottom bar with Completed/Favorite/Players/Stars as images. You can download the file and play with it.

How it looks:

image.png.6c4cc780411a3fa66b8168ae76a434cf.thumb.png.7e861fb4d2d7f0117e76790648f8a97f.png

Love that!...I will look into it more

19 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

@Stovies go into "Launchbox/Themes/Unified Refried/Images/Theme/Background/" and find 'Panasonic 3DO'...rename that correctly to your system name

@RetroHumanoid Perfect!  Thank you sir.  Much appreciated.  Your theme makes me very happy :)

In relation to the Arcade/MAME theme and bezels support - I'm assuming that's coming in a later build?

Implemented the Graphic displayed Star ratings,and the player icons,as well as tagged the year onto the end of the game title. I have only done this on one theme as a test so far. I will change all of the current themes,and then re-upload them as a new version...then I will finish up the new themes and release those.

BBC Micro New Bar.png

• Like 7

Holly molly. You're on fire! Love the star rating and player icons.

BTW, how do you compress your system videos. I created some for my own setup but once I run them through handbreak, they look washed out in Launchbox. They look fine outside launchbox so I don't know what going on. They don't look as vibrant as your videos, that's for sure.

Edited by Styphelus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, angelobodetti said:

Theres a few random platforms that I have that don't have a background.

How would I go about adding a background for a specific platform? Can i just copy/paste a platform theme of yours, rename it and swap the background image? Or is there more too it than that?

which platforms?