LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

Downloading from this site is a huge pain in the a$$ sometimes. If you are using Chrome (or firefox with the Firebug add-on), there is a quicker way to download these, but you'll still have to do them one by one. It just makes it so you don't have to scroll up and down for every one of them.

You have to be logged in. Click the Download this file button. You'll get the pop up with all the files. Right click on the first download button and select inspect (this will be different with Firefox and Firebug and not shown here).

dl1.thumb.png.e8bf314288a69a94656448c6000470e7.pngOn the right side of your browser page, right click the highlighted link that opens and select copy link address. 
dl2.thumb.png.12c53d33d992bc015bd0c904cb6b2344.pngNow, open a different tab in your browser and paste that address into the address bar and hit enter. The first file - AAE.MP4 should start downloading.

Leaving the same link in your address bar, in the middle of the link, change the number download&r=92583 to download&r=92584 it will let you download the next one. Keep increasing the number and doing that until you have them all. In my opinion this is much easier than clicking download and scrolling to the one you want each time, although when you do it this way, you won't know which one you are actually downloading until the download starts. It took me about 10 minutes to get all of these files this way. 

I would post the first link here but I believe the key at the end of the link changes per user and changes each time you log in and out so you'll have to figure that part out yourself. Good luck.

Thanks for all these RH. They look awesome and I can't wait to start installing them this weekend! If this isn't OK to post, let me know and I'll remove it.

• Thanks 1

What I do, is press the center/wheel mouse button over the "Download" buttons to open the files in new pages. Doing this prevents the popup with all the download buttons to close, and it is easier to just start clicking down all the buttons like this and get all the downloads Save as windows.

Edited by Kondorito
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My new theme of choice, no questions asked.

This is making me add systems I didn't previous have.

In the future, do you have any plans to add the following systems?

Nintendo 64DD 

Nintendo Super Game Boy 

Nintendo Wii-U, Nintendo 3DS

SNK Neo-Geo AES

Microsoft MSX2+

Laserdisc

Sony Playstation 3

Also, Windows seems to be missing the background. It's an easy fix. 

One more thing, is there anyway to disable the carts and cds? When they are missing or the system doesn't have them like in windows (digital downloads), the theme takes the front cover instead and starts spinning it.

Edited by Styphelus

@RetroHumanoid Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into this theme, i am just about done setting everything up, however i have a few things missing so i'm just gonna through these out there. :) 

Platform videos

Nintendo 3DS
Game & Watch
Nintendo Wii U
Sammy Atomiswave
Sega Mega CD
Sega Mega Drive
Sega Triforce
Steam
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (PAL)

Add-on Themes

Arcade (this is in the default so maybe is not needed)
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo Wii U
Sammy Atomiswave (like Arcade this is in the default so probably not needed)
Sega Mega CD (PAL)
Sega Mega Drive (PAL)
Sega Triforce (Again is in the default)
Steam (is in the default but has a 4:3 video window not 16:9)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (PAL)

Also i see the same thing as @Styphelus with the windows theme.

235350108_Screenshot(165).thumb.png.961dce9f7bf46443555eeaf955bdccfe.pngThanks again for this awesome theme.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

One more thing, is there anyway to disable the carts and cds? When they are missing or the system doesn't have them like in windows (digital downloads), the theme takes the front cover instead and starts spinning it.

Remove box front from the cart priorities in tools/options.

Anyone having issues with backgrounds or default borders not showing,it's possible the names may have to be adjusted on the artwork files...I name a few of my systems slightly different,and I may or may not have forgotten to change the names of those art files to a community standard. So if art isn't showing,check the theme images folder for it first.

4 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Anyone having issues with backgrounds or default borders not showing,it's possible the names may have to be adjusted on the artwork files...I name a few of my systems slightly different,and I may or may not have forgotten to change the names of those art files to a community standard. So if art isn't showing,check the theme images folder for it first.

Yeah i found a PC Games background that seemed to match the video colour, so i just renamed that. Thanks.

One more issue I found with the arcade views:

View 1 - Static Wheel - No arcade flyer/no box art

View 2 - Fading Wheel - Arcade flyer/box art

View 3 - Fading Wheel - Arcade flyer/box art (This is the same as View 2. Can we have a static wheel in this view?)

View 4 - Text Wheel - Arcade flyer/box art

Seems like View 2 and 3 are exactly the same. Is it possible to stop the wheel from fading in one of them?