LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project! A custom bezel for every ROM!

CoinJunkie

56 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

yea, i think im going to try and re download my rom sets, but the mame is correct. not sure why is not working. weird.

From my experience, if you want 100% showing bezels then use game bezels only for Mame roms and stay away from console game bezels or use one console bezel for all games from each console (that would be boring though in my opinion) until someone comes up with a proper name matching solution. Start by downloading the latest mame roms. They are out there. By the way. All my non Disc based console roms are the latest no-intros. 

Edited by vgbox

15 hours ago, vgbox said:

From my experience, if you want 100% showing bezels then use game bezels only for Mame roms and stay away from console game bezels or use one console bezel for all games from each console (that would be boring though in my opinion) until someone comes up with a proper name matching solution. Start by downloading the latest mame roms. They are out there. By the way. All my non Disc based console roms are the latest no-intros. 

i cant even get the mame rom bezels to work.  can you give me some tips?

all the names match

is there a config file i need to edit to activate them?

2 hours ago, tallpr24 said:

when I downloaded the mame bezels it put them in retroarch/overlays/arcadebezels not retroarch/overlays/gamebezels/arcadebezels

do we need to move them?

I use standalone Mame version 0.214 so my mame bezels are placed each in their own folder here: "...\Mame\artwork", for example: "...\Mame\artwork\3countb\Bezel.png".

Edited by vgbox

13 hours ago, tallpr24 said:

Hello,

I have downloaded the mame bezels for retro arch but they wont show when i launch a game in retor arch like 1941.  i see all the folders are there.  any ideas??

OK, this might be the issue if you are using the latest MAME core.   I did not see a config folder for the latest MAME core.

Maybe @dragon57 can confirm.

Try renaming the config folder for MAME 2003 to just MAME (or any of the MAME folders you see).

/config/MAME 2003   to     /config/MAME

See if they will show then...  let us know.

Edited by Ateb

1 hour ago, Ateb said:

OK, this might be the issue if you are using the latest MAME core.   I did not see a config folder for the latest MAME core.

Maybe @dragon57 can confirm.

Try renaming the config folder for MAME 2003 to just MAME (or any of the MAME folders you see).

/config/MAME 2003   to     /config/MAME

See if they will show then...  let us know.

Your thought process should be correct. The bezel packs originated for use on a Raspberry Pi, where the latest MAME doesn't run at all well. The config directories are setup for the older MAME cores. Like has been mentioned several times in this thread, if you use a core that uses a different core name than what the bezel packs are setup for, just rename one to match like Ateb suggested.

4 hours ago, tallpr24 said:

Also im using the falpha2012_libretto core

do I still rename the folder to just mame?

Then rename to FB Alpha 2012.

A way to check for the proper folder name for a core is when loading a core through Retro Arch;  check the name within the parenthesis, like Arcade (FB Alpha 2012).

Or the name after the RA version number in the bottom left after core is loaded.

Edited by Ateb

i rename fb alpha 2012 folder to MAME but no bezels.  here is my file structure.

If you're using FB Alpha 2012 as the core... make sure you have a config folder named the same, with the bezel project config files within.

You don't need a MAME folder if you're not using MAME.

I normally don't use FB Alpha, but I installed just to see what might be going on.  I did not have any issues.

Here is my config folder with renamed folder to "FB Alpha 2012".

image.thumb.png.bc4b5ac70be84e58f6feb5cde4fedd35.png

Here is my overlay folder where the ArcadeBezels should be located.

image.thumb.png.3e25ab664c720730f41a1b2a0783110a.png

Here is 1941 running.

image.thumb.png.86a528d71e7f8f954ab1f155af3c6a9d.png

• Like 1