LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project! A custom bezel for every ROM!

CoinJunkie

1 hour ago, tallpr24 said:

so this morning i tried to play a snes game and now all the snes games have the 1941 bezel lol.

the only thing i did was renamed that folder above.

If you want happy life than do not use bezels for consoles, simple as that, until someone offers a proper integration. Who knows, maybe bezels will be implemented in launchbox in the future, until then, enjoy life and game on! 

Also, you don't need FBA for anything if you want the best emulation because there are best emulators for each console/arcade board, like mame is the best for most arcade boards.

Edited by vgbox

1 hour ago, tallpr24 said:

so this morning i tried to play a snes game and now all the snes games have the 1941 bezel lol.

the only thing i did was renamed that folder above.

Open the retroarch.cfg file in the root folder of your installation and look for config_save_on_exit setting.

Make sure it is false.

config_save_on_exit = "false"

Then make sure the input_overlay setting is empty.

input_overlay = ""

Edited by Ateb

8 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

its set to true, but if i change this to false, wouldn't that mean that if make changes to cores settings, like resolution and controls, it wouldn't save on exit?

You dont want it saving on exit, you can save manually when you need to. This is likely the whole reason your bezels have not been working, its saving when you exit, so then that config is always loaded when loading a game.

2 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

i changed it to false.  But still, the same issue.  I just attari 2600 game, and they all show the 1941 bezel from mame

Yes it will, that is because you had that bezel on when you initially exited retroarch with save on exit on, so that is now the default config that is loaded, rather than a specific one for a specific bezel. If i was you i would delete your config and start from scratch, making sure to turn save on exit off and manually saving that config before doing anything else.

29 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

but how do i get the consoles to read the bezels from the correct folders again? also mame is not affected for some reason.  retro arch playe the mame games with the correct bezels

Did you make sure this setting was empty in retroarch.cfg?     Did have anything pointing to the overlay you are seeing?

input_overlay = ""

If the Atari core (Stella I assume) does not find a bezel, again because of ROM naming or other issues, it will fall back to the global default setting.

That will either show the last saved overlay (if you had save_config_on_exit = "true"), or if empty....  show nothing.

34 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

ateb, 

i have atari bezels but dont work .  the folder name is stella_libretro. should it be something else for the 2600?

Config folder name should be "Stella" or "Stella 2014" depending on the core your are using, as mentioned before with FB Alpha 2012.

As far as showing the default system bezel when a game bezel is not found, you can try this.  This should be taken care for you, but if its not:

Example for Atari, using Stella.

Create or edit the Stella.cfg file under config/Stella

add these lines or edit...

input_overlay = ":/overlays/Atari-2600.cfg"

input_overlay_enable = "true"
input_overlay_opacity = "1.000000"

Make sure Atari overlay cfg and image file are there under overlays.

4 hours ago, vgbox said:

If you want happy life than do not use bezels for consoles, simple as that, until someone offers a proper integration. Who knows, maybe bezels will be implemented in launchbox in the future, until then, enjoy life and game on! 

Also, you don't need FBA for anything if you want the best emulation because there are best emulators for each console/arcade board, like mame is the best for most arcade boards.

I'm pretty sure there are already plenty of people using the bezel project without issue so just because you can't figure out how to fix it or are unwilling to change your ROMs names to match the project you are in no way being helpful to anyone when you make post like this.

not sure why you say that.  i already posted, that i re downloaded all my roms with the proper names and they are working with the exception of the ones that cant find a bezel.  I'm very grateful for assistance and always report results in hopes it may help others.  I have followed direction from all responses.