LaunchBox Community Forums

How to disable a platform without removing from the launchbox?

rafaelfndev

I have many games, I want to complete collection with all games and roms, but some games (or console/platform) I dont want to list on LaunchBox/BigBox (only certain times), but on general, I need to hiden some games and consoles... Is possible do this without remove or delete? Just like checkbox enable/disable console/game, and keeping my collection intact...Screenshot_2.thumb.png.1ae63b4a9ffb078246f7a56827eb2afb.pngRemove some platform from this sidebar navigation, and BigBox mode too, is possible?

The idea is when I search, these games or platforms do not appear in the search, and also do not appear in the listing of all games.

To prevent an entire platform from showing, you can select all games in that platform, right click one, choose Edit, click next in bulk edit that comes up, choose drop selection Hide and check the box Hide. Then make sure main menu View->Show Hidden Games is not checked. When you want to show them again, you'll have to check View->Show Hidden Games.

Not ideal as just hiding/unhiding a platform, but better than nothing.

• Thanks 1

I believe that option to hide/unhide a platform is a great functionality to implement to LaunchBox... Have some area to post something like "Feature request" or "Ideas for LaunchBox"?

@edit

I found here

Already have this feature request since 2016 :(

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues?q=hide+platform

Thanks for help.

Edited by rafaelfndev
Add information

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, neil9000 said:

What am i missing here?

Add me to the list of "i added a platform that i no longer want"

You can delete any platform you want at any time.

The list of people who want the feature to hide, but not remove a platform.

On 10/7/2018 at 11:22 AM, rafaelfndev said:

Remove some platform from this sidebar navigation, and BigBox mode too, is possible?

The idea is when I search, these games or platforms do not appear in the search, and also do not appear in the listing of all games.

On 10/7/2018 at 9:45 PM, rafaelfndev said:

I believe that option to hide/unhide a platform is a great functionality to implement to LaunchBox... Have some area to post something like "Feature request" or "Ideas for LaunchBox"?

On 5/16/2019 at 8:46 AM, LavosBR said:

I am waiting for this feature :(

On 10/15/2019 at 2:55 PM, Zozio said:

I'm waiting for it too !!

On 10/17/2019 at 12:07 AM, Oushianik said:

I’ve been waiting on this feature as well, hopefully it will happen soon!

ADD ME TO THE LIST.

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I was looking at how Gog client does, and it has a simple filter mode; you pick each platform as you see fit; and it create a filter that hide everything else you don't select. Seems pretty straightforward to me. So if you want to see only specific platforms at times, you can do that.

On 12/28/2019 at 1:50 PM, neil9000 said:

What am i missing here?

Add me to the list of "i added a platform that i no longer want"

You can delete any platform you want at any time.

Removing is a bit extreme :)

Usually you have filters to show/hide things in viewers; you don't remove entry and then add them again back and forth.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also want to use this function as I have only 1 game in Sega Hikaru, it feels kinda meaningless having its own system wheel. Would be better if you could hide that and place games like that inside a Playlist like Misc or something... +1 for the request ?

On 6/15/2020 at 12:06 AM, gStAv said:

Also want to use this function as I have only 1 game in Sega Hikaru, it feels kinda meaningless having its own system wheel. Would be better if you could hide that and place games like that inside a Playlist like Misc or something... +1 for the request ?

+2

Edited by wallmachine

Probably not what you guys are asking for, but if you switch the view to Platform Category, you can right click the platform, go to Edit, then on the Parents tab uncheck everything. It will essentially hide the whole platform in Platform Category. You can still see the platform in Platforms view, but since you can organize Platform Category however you want I don't see why you'd use Platform view over it. :P