LaunchBox Community Forums

Refried Theme Platform Video Set

RetroHumanoid

View File

A set of 155 (with more to come) platform videos,that I have created to match perfectly with my Refried theme. I have used the same character,Background,and border art in the videos,that is in the theme, for the majority of the videos. I am sure it's obvious where the influence came from for the theme,but, this whole thing started out as an alternate version to the Unified theme,which sort of took off and became something slightly different overall. While I do have plans for about 60+ more videos to add to this set,I am afraid I cannot take requests,at least until the project,as a whole, is completed. A special Thank you to @RetroNi for allowing me to use his white bordered logo set,with a few changes,for the titles in these videos...As well as @CriticalCid for giving me the unspoken inspiration to even start this project in the first place!

Samples -

Super Nintendo Entertainment System - 

Spoiler

Sega CD -

Spoiler

AAE -

Spoiler

Capcom CPSIII -

Spoiler

Pinball FX2 -

Spoiler

Nintendo Virtual Boy -

Spoiler

Microsoft MS-DOS -

Spoiler

The Main Theme can be found here...

The Logo set can be found here...

_Refried Background.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Seconding the above post. I have a GPD WIN 2 which can run 3DS and some Wii U, and I'd really appreciate those. It's looking beautiful with your current released videos. Thanks so much. ?

Could you upload a video of the setup on your Win 2, intrested to see how this looks on one :)

On 11/8/2018 at 8:47 PM, zetec-s-joe said:

Could you upload a video of the setup on your Win 2, intrested to see how this looks on one :)

As soon as I get my new phone (should be here in the next few days) I'll do that! Unfortunately I'm stuck with a potato for now... ?

• Like 1

It’s incredible how quickly you have put those high quality videos out, I really really dig them.

Nonetheless there are 2 videos that trigger my OCD.

The character you’ve used for the Apple II videos is from the Prince of Persia reboot series which is something completely different than the original Prince of Persia game that was released on the Apple II. So it kinda feels wrong to me to see him representing this platform.

Something similar goes for Sora that you’ve used for the PSP. Yes, there is a Kingdom Hearts game on this handheld but that’s also the only game in this series where Sora isn’t the main character and I’m not even sure if he does appear in it at all.

With that said it would be great if you could pump out alternative version of these 2 platforms with different characters :)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 10/24/2018 at 6:06 AM, RetroHumanoid said:

View File

A set of 155 (with more to come) platform videos,that I have created to match perfectly with my Refried theme. I have used the same character,Background,and border art in the videos,that is in the theme, for the majority of the videos. I am sure it's obvious where the influence came from for the theme,but, this whole thing started out as an alternate version to the Unified theme,which sort of took off and became something slightly different overall. While I do have plans for about 60+ more videos to add to this set,I am afraid I cannot take requests,at least until the project,as a whole, is completed. A special Thank you to @RetroNi for allowing me to use his white bordered logo set,with a few changes,for the titles in these videos...As well as @CriticalCid for giving me the unspoken inspiration to even start this project in the first place!

Samples -

Super Nintendo Entertainment System - 

Reveal hidden contents

Sega CD -

Reveal hidden contents

AAE -

Reveal hidden contents

Capcom CPSIII -

Reveal hidden contents

Pinball FX2 -

Reveal hidden contents

Nintendo Virtual Boy -

Reveal hidden contents

Microsoft MS-DOS -

Reveal hidden contents

The Main Theme can be found here...

The Logo set can be found here...

_Refried Background.jpg

tem previsão para os consoles classic mini? 

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, Hollingsbee said:

Sorry if this is a really stupid question I'm new to this. Where do I put these files?

If you want to use them for any theme they go:

\Launchbox\Videos\Platforms\

If you want to use them only for a specific theme they go:

\Launchbox\Themes\[Theme Name]\Videos\Platforms\

Place each platform video in either of the folder options above named exactly as you have your platforms named.

21 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

If you want to use them for any theme they go:

\Launchbox\Videos\Platforms\

If you want to use them only for a specific theme they go:

\Launchbox\Themes\[Theme Name]\Videos\Platforms\

Place each platform video in either of the folder options above named exactly as you have your platforms named.

Thanks so much got that working now only part now is how do I do it for the sub categorys eg 2 player, 4 player etc

6 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Those would go in the \Videos\Playlist folders. Name the file exactly as your playlist is named.

I recommend spending time looking inside LB folders to get familiar with them. You will quickly see how and where LB want media stored.

Thanks so much for your help. Ok will do that

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, Mally123 said:

This may sound dumb but is there a way to download all of the files instead of one by one on the download link?

Nope.  But to speed it up, you can right click on download button, select save as link, and then that will keep the Download listing open versus clicking the button which closes out the window completely.  Then you can just go down list and "save as link" and will download multiple at time.