LaunchBox Community Forums

9.1-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 11/22/2018 at 6:54 PM, ckp said:

Just upgraded to 9.0. In Platform Category view it's really awesome to be able to easily nest auto generated play mode lists for multi player games. couple things about it though. you have to right click each and every platform you want to do this for. i was hoping i could right click the top level nodes to have it create auto play mode lists for all my platforms rather than one by one. i also noticed in the first one i tried this on in my Arcade platform that i use Image Group = Screenshots, that the auto generated playlists do not retain the image group view since they were set with Box when it should have been Screenshot. in any case, i really love this feature. thank you.

Hi @ckp, I have thought about the possibility of allowing people to auto-generate playlists for all platforms. I expect that will make it in eventually. Per the image groups, it remembers a separate image type for each platform/category/playlist, but I recognize that that's not necessarily intuitive. I'll put that on my list.

On 11/22/2018 at 8:45 PM, Chris Kant said:

@Jason Carr

would there be a possibility to copy Playlists? So i can copy it to another Plattform and Chance i.e. Just the Plattform Itself? This would reduce Tons of work through my 70+ Plattforms

As of right now, I don't think this is possible. You can't really just copy the playlist, because the playlist needs to be modified for each platform, so copying honestly doesn't really make much sense.

14 hours ago, thedyingteddy said:

Do you think it would be possible to add the ability to launch a program directly from BigBox Platform Menu? I think it would be a very useful feature because then Kodi, or whatever window program, for instance, could be launched without the need to be part of a platform. Also, the ability to add favorites while Big Box is Locked, Rate it, and Mark as broken would also be useful features.

I'm with you on the add favorites, rate, and mark as broken while Big Box is locked. I have those on my list already. The apps in the root thing has been on the poll a couple times now (if I recall correctly) and just hasn't gotten much of an audience. It seems like a simple thing, but as it goes against the grain of the organization, there's cause for confusion and won't really be straightforward to implement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jason Carr said:

As of right now, I don't think this is possible. You can't really just copy the playlist, because the playlist needs to be modified for each platform, so copying honestly doesn't really make much sense..

I was just thinking reducing workload because I have most of the time 3 or 4 arguments per playlist

All this time I thought you could do Clear Logos for Series and Genre categories, but unsure if I overlooked that one or not. All I know is in LaunchBox I can't Right-Click for an Edit to it as I can for a Platform to where those edits end up in BigBox. I'd love to be able to scroll through a list of Series or Genres, Developers, and even Publishers on BigBox with Clear Logos related to them. I was working on some Genre Clear Logos and all that too.

Any chance I overlooked something or will that probably something coming soon @Jason Carr?

Edited by RULLUR

Having a problem where the "X" to exit Launchbox moves out of sight and "Show Details" doesn't work anymore on Windows 10, fullscreen. Edit: Forgot to add that I'm on the latest beta release.

To reproduce the problem:

1. Click "Show Details"
  2. Resize details box to make thinner
  3. Exit out of the details box
  4. Click on "Show Details" again
Edited by Computa

On 11/24/2018 at 6:06 PM, RULLUR said:

All this time I thought you could do Clear Logos for Series and Genre categories, but unsure if I overlooked that one or not. All I know is in LaunchBox I can't Right-Click for an Edit to it as I can for a Platform to where those edits end up in BigBox. I'd love to be able to scroll through a list of Series or Genres, Developers, and even Publishers on BigBox with Clear Logos related to them. I was working on some Genre Clear Logos and all that too.

Any chance I overlooked something or will that probably something coming soon @Jason Carr?

Clear logos will show up for developers, publishers, genres, and play modes with the new auto-generated playlists/nested wheels. However, they don't currently show up at all outside of the nested platform categories views in Big Box. For example, if you go to the system menu in Big Box, and select View Genres, it won't clearly show clear logos there and only the text lists are supported. That is something we do need to tackle eventually, but currently you can't edit a "Genre" or a "Developer" (for instance) to add a clear logo to it, only playlists, categories, platforms, and games.

10 hours ago, eatkinola said:

@Jason Carr: Early in November, it looks like LB/BB stopped writing log files to the Logs directory. Prior to that, exceptions in BB/LB and plugins had been logged. Is there perhaps a new setting in LB/BB I must enable to get the logging feature back?

That's correct. I turned off log writing for beta builds by default at that point. You can turn it back on by manually editing Settings.xml in a text editor and changing the DebugLog property to true.

5 hours ago, Computa said:

Having a problem where the "X" to exit Launchbox moves out of sight and "Show Details" doesn't work anymore on Windows 10, fullscreen. Edit: Forgot to add that I'm on the latest beta release.

To reproduce the problem:

1. Click "Show Details"
  2. Resize details box to make thinner
  3. Exit out of the details box
  4. Click on "Show Details" again

I can't seem to replicate this; my guess would be that maybe it's because of a different DPI setting or something like that. Any chance you could screenshot me? What are your Windows DPI settings set to?

• Thanks 2

Thanks @Jason Carr, I figured Playlists were the only way to go for now. Not sure I'm ready to do that with everything on a Playlist only status, but I may reconsider depending on how things go while I still get things arranged all the way to my liking. If not, I'll likely just wait it out until that happens without Playlists

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

I can't seem to replicate this; my guess would be that maybe it's because of a different DPI setting or something like that. Any chance you could screenshot me? What are your Windows DPI settings set to?

I have three monitors and the DPI setting is set to the default 100% (Recommended). I noticed a tiny part of the details box on the right (as seen on the image).

launchbox.PNG

Edited by Computa

18 minutes ago, Computa said:

I have three monitors and the DPI setting is set to the default 100% (Recommended). I noticed a tiny part of the details box on the right (as seen on the image).

I seemed to have fixed the problem by reinstalling Launchbox.

Edited by Computa

How about when you have added a system on one drive

Maybe later you want to move that system another drive

When in Launchbox,  right click on a system get edit couldn't it be just a simple change letter folder path instead of rescanning whole system only becouse it has a new location?

18 minutes ago, Zeaede said:

How about when you have added a system on one drive

Maybe later you want to move that system another drive

When in Launchbox,  right click on a system get edit couldn't it be just a simple change letter folder path instead of rescanning whole system only becouse it has a new location?

There's an option for that. Tools > Change ROMs folder path for Selected Games.

• Like 1

Downloaded new version and am going to add Platform Playlists.

My question is - What are the "In XXX Sub Category" options. I understand LB will create a playlist called All Games, another called Genres, another called, Play Modes, etc... But if I check the "In Play Modes Sub Category" what happens, does it create another set of playlists for single player, cooperative, etc?

5 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Hey @Jason Carr!

I would love to update LB to the latest version, but don't want to break my Cid's theme. Will there be release notes for this deploy, or instructions in what do I need to modify on the theme to make it 9.1 compatible?

Thanks!

I believe @CriticalCid is planning to release an update very soon. I believe the existing Unified theme should work fine with 9.1, just like it did with 9.0. The only issue is that it won't work for nested playlists. It will probably also have trouble at the moment if you re-generate your arcade playlists with 9.0+. Other than that, though, you should get the same results as you did previously.

1 hour ago, angelobodetti said:

Downloaded new version and am going to add Platform Playlists.

My question is - What are the "In XXX Sub Category" options. I understand LB will create a playlist called All Games, another called Genres, another called, Play Modes, etc... But if I check the "In Play Modes Sub Category" what happens, does it create another set of playlists for single player, cooperative, etc?

It creates categories underneath the platform for genres, play modes, etc., and then puts playlists under those.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, angelobodetti said:

Thank you! I did this for NES and the Favorites playlist wasn't created. I then favorites a few games to make sure, and when i try to create just the favorite playlist it says no playlists are missing - But favorites still isn't there.

I'm guessing this is probably a relic issue from a beta or something of that nature. See if you can find the playlist in your LaunchBox\Data\Playlists folder and delete it while LaunchBox is closed.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

I'm guessing this is probably a relic issue from a beta or something of that nature. See if you can find the playlist in your LaunchBox\Data\Playlists folder and delete it while LaunchBox is closed.

It was because I already had a playlist named "Nintendo Entertainment System Favorites". So I just edited where that playlist sits.

False Alarm!

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 1:10 PM, Jason Carr said:

Did you use the same data as you had before?

Edit: I'm just curious was resolved the issue.

Not related to launchbox but I had experienced the same issue with other apps at work. I have a laptop 1080p and a 900p monitor connected to it. Quip and Musicbee are the two apps that from time to time do the same, it looks like that "cut" on the window is at the size of the smaller screen resolution, that means that it only shows up on the 1080p, if the window is wider than 1600px or higher than 900px, if I make it smaller it renders ok.

Maybe it's not related, but it can help to find the issue.

Edit: I got curious and did some testing at work. I couldn't replicate that behavior but something similar.pixel.thumb.jpg.d9b7c8b8a10d1e33d45ac46a52c682af.jpgTo the left is my 900p screen and to the right the 1080p with Launchbox maximized. If Launchbox launches? in the 1080p screen, it works as expected in both screen, but if it launches in the 900p when I maximize the window on the higher resolution screen, then the window present the "cut" to the right and at the bottom, and it even occupies the whole screen including the taskbar.

Edited by code88
  • Like 1