LaunchBox Community Forums

Let's talk music in retro games...

Orionsangel

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Robocop on the spectrum for me, loved this game and soundtrack as a kid in the 80's. :) 

Never played ZX Spectrum up until about 2 years ago when I started messing with the emulator...love the chiptunes from that system...I might even go as far as to say it sounds better than NES, in most cases. As for the RoboCop song...I doubt there was ever a song more unfitting to a game...it does not make me think of robocop...but,it is a great tune...and my baby loved hearing it.

NES had it beat though when it comes to RoboCop...sorry...(shout-out to @SIMPLY AUSTIN too)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Never played ZX Spectrum up until about 2 years ago when I started messing with the emulator...love the chiptunes from that system...I might even go as far as to say it sounds better than NES, in most cases. As for the RoboCop song...I doubt there was ever a song more unfitting to a game...it does not make me think of robocop...but,it is a great tune...and my baby loved hearing it.

NES had it beat though when it comes to RoboCop...sorry...(shout-out to @SIMPLY AUSTIN too)

Lol, well i never got a NES until around 88-89 i would say so i only had the spectrum to go by. You are right though the music has nothing to do with Robocop really, i just really liked it.

• Like 1

You had this Guy on youtube which called himself VGMProf, and he would go into detail in the music, picking it apart, give background on the composers etc he would tel you WHY it's good, instead of giving an opinion. here's a sample of his Megaman 2 review. 

Alas he hasn't uploaded for like more then a year.

What music I really love is the score of Faxanadu. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Klopjero said:

You had this Guy on youtube which called himself VGMProf, and he would go into detail in the music, picking it apart, give background on the composers etc he would tel you WHY it's good, instead of giving an opinion. here's a sample of his Megaman 2 review. 

Alas he hasn't uploaded for like more then a year.

What music I really love is the score of Faxanadu. 

Oh hell yes, Faxanadu! Loved that game and it's soundtrack \m/

• Like 2

I LOVE and cannot get over the DKC OST, specifically DKC2. Years pass and I keep discovering new sounds and stuff in them. Even when you read about how  the composer David Wise pushed the SNES boundaries in terms of size, memory and sounds availability, using waves instead of fixed notes, its incredible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orionsangel said:

Intelligent Qube is astonishingly good! Sounds like a movie score. I guess they were making up for what boils down to a simplistic looking game.

Level 2 is the best track...I thought I linked the whole thing,but,I guess I linked just one song...it's like one of the greatest RPG soundtracks,to a non-RPG game.

Yeah,the game isn't much to look at really,but,the fun is in the design...it's one of those "easy to learn,hard to master" type of games. I had no idea it was on the playstation classic either...I just found that out...I thought I was a fan of a hidden gem all these years,and come to find out it was super popular in japan.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...