LaunchBox Community Forums

Submitting Custom Themes for the built-in Themes Manager in Big Box (and eventually LaunchBox)

Jason Carr

Just now, Jason Carr said:

There is, but it's stupid high (over a gig). You could try submitting without a video though to see if that's the issue. Then that would give me an easy lead to identify the problem. :)

Also, does the error happen on submit? Or when uploading the video? Or somewhere else?

Video always uploads successfully each time. Just checked and the video file is within range (about 650MB).

I just tried to upload the theme without the video and getting the same error unfortunately. 

Before submission, everything looks good, it only errors after I press the submit button, loading the error page.

Could it be caused by weird symbols in the description? I added my own bullet points...

Just now, faeran said:

Video always uploads successfully each time. Just checked and the video file is within range (about 650MB).

I just tried to upload the theme without the video and getting the same error unfortunately. 

Before submission, everything looks good, it only errors after I press the submit button, loading the error page.

Could it be caused by weird symbols in the description? I added my own bullet points...

Yes, it certainly could. My guess at this point is that it's considering something you're putting in as a security issue (it gets scared because of stuff like SQL injection attacks). You can always edit the description fields after the fact, so perhaps you can try putting in only something simple and then doing edits. That will also make it much easier to identify the problem field-by-field.

So sorry for all the trouble here, but thanks for helping me troubleshoot this. :)

FYI all, @faeran helped me identify an issue with the theme forms where submitting a version with two decimal points (2.4.5 for example) was causing a server-side error and not submitting the theme. The version number is stored as a normal decimal number, so version numbers cannot have multiple decimal points in them. However, I've put up a new version of the web form that simply removes any extra decimal points so as to not trip people up in the future. Let me know if anyone runs into any additional issues with the theme submission process. Thanks!

@Jason Carr Is it just me or does the coverFlow:Flow control for the games views not work correctly under 9.6-beta9 ?  meaning they no longer scroll and no longer have the scaling effect as you scroll left/right.

I just booted up my desktop which is running bigbox 9.5 with my last generated theme and the horizontal wheel (games view) still performs the smooth scrolling and scaling.

for reference here is my horizontal wheel code ( game view ) which no longer visually works the way it does under 9.5

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" 

Opacity="1.0" ImageType="Boxes" CurveAmount="0" VisibleCount="7" PageSize="14" 
                    CameraZPosition="6" ItemZPosition="1" SelectedItemZPosition="3" Spacing="2.4"  >
                    <coverFlow:FlowControl.CoverFactory>
                        <coverFlow:HorizontalWheelCoverFactory />
                    </coverFlow:FlowControl.CoverFactory>

</coverFlow:FlowControl>    

and for platform view (which works fine)

Opacity="1.0" ImageType="Device" CurveAmount="0" VisibleCount="3" PageSize="3" 
                    CameraZPosition="8" ItemZPosition="3.7" SelectedItemZPosition="6.1" Spacing="3.9"  >

On 3/20/2019 at 1:58 PM, Jason Carr said:
27 minutes ago, y2guru said:

@Jason Carr Is it just me or does the coverFlow:Flow control for the games views not work correctly under 9.6-beta9 ?  meaning they no longer scroll and no longer have the scaling effect as you scroll left/right.

I just booted up my desktop which is running bigbox 9.5 with my last generated theme and the horizontal wheel (games view) still performs the smooth scrolling and scaling.

for reference here is my horizontal wheel code ( game view ) which no longer visually works the way it does under 9.5

Opacity="1.0" ImageType="Boxes" CurveAmount="0" VisibleCount="7" PageSize="14" 
                    CameraZPosition="6" ItemZPosition="1" SelectedItemZPosition="3" Spacing="2.4"  >

and for platform view (which works fine)

Opacity="1.0" ImageType="Device" CurveAmount="0" VisibleCount="3" PageSize="3" 
                    CameraZPosition="8" ItemZPosition="3.7" SelectedItemZPosition="6.1" Spacing="3.9"  >

i selected CriticalZoneV2 and that too is having the same visual issues with the horizontal wheels

• 8 months later...
28 minutes ago, PolybiusExtreme said:

How long does it take to check a theme? 
I uploaded my theme and pause-theme (PolybiusExtreme) a week ago and it still has the status "pending approval".

With the holiday for Thanksgiving this week and it being only Jason that tests and approves (not sure if he has Christian do it as well yet) it may take a bit. Give it a few more days. I will let them know. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 10:07 PM, Jason Carr said:

Sorry for the delay here Polybius; the theme looks awesome. Thanks for submitting it. It's been busy over here for the past couple of weeks so I haven't gotten it tested and approved yet. I'll get started on that tomorrow. :)

hi, i am happy you like my theme :) i know you developers are busy and i also know that good work needs some time ;) 
maybe you can look at the german translation in bigbox too... there are few issues...
if you want i can write it to you ;) 
happy holidays 

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/profile/70701-opak/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjI4Njg0LCJpZF8yIjozMjg3NTZ9

you could try PMing Opak he is the guy that does the German translation and you could discuss with him directly what you think is incorrect

i will write him

• 1 year later...