LaunchBox Community Forums

Really slow EmuMovies download speed through LaunchBox (EmuMovies Lifetime Supporter)

Tequila_Burp

Hi, just noticed that the Media download takes way longer then normal. My first guess was bandwidth problems with EmuMovies. But even with data not present within EmuMovies the process takes forever. It takes up to 10 mins to scrape a single game with or without EmuMovies. Sometimes Launchbox crashes all together. Don't want to rule out a problem with my PC but it seems like to me something is broken within Launchbox. 

2 hours ago, smackm said:

Hi, just noticed that the Media download takes way longer then normal. My first guess was bandwidth problems with EmuMovies. But even with data not present within EmuMovies the process takes forever. It takes up to 10 mins to scrape a single game with or without EmuMovies. Sometimes Launchbox crashes all together. Don't want to rule out a problem with my PC but it seems like to me something is broken within Launchbox. 

I merged your post with this one. There were already 4 posts about the issue.

Just to clarify in this thread: We are aware of the slowdowns with EmuMovies. We have confirmed that it's not version related or a LaunchBox bug. Wanted to make that clear so users don't waste time downgrading LB only to still see the same issue.

EmuMovies has confirmed that they are working on upgrading their servers.

However, we will do all we can to help and we are implementing a few changes that can mitigate long load-time annoyances in the future.

Hey all, I talked to @circo at EmuMovies last night and confirmed that it's not a LaunchBox bug. They're in the middle of some server upgrades that should hopefully help the situation.

What we are working on for the moment is a way to make it so that extended wait times while searching for EmuMovies media can be easily cancelled so that you don't have to wait (in the manual download media process for single games). We should have that out in beta form soon.

• Like 1

Sounds great, thanks guys!

quick edit, to update to the latest release I just need to check "beta updates" in the options tab and it will automatically update when that is released?

Edited by Red Helix
because I thought of a question and didn't want to post twice.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, I talked to @circo at EmuMovies last night and confirmed that it's not a LaunchBox bug. They're in the middle of some server upgrades that should hopefully help the situation.

What we are working on for the moment is a way to make it so that extended wait times while searching for EmuMovies media can be easily cancelled so that you don't have to wait (in the manual download media process for single games). We should have that out in beta form soon.

Thanks for the update @Jason Carr I know it has nothing to do with you, but do you happen to know any ETA?

Also just in case: I tested an old version of launchbox (11.17) and it works better (not as fast as the Emusync app, but definitely better than latest Launchbox).

1 hour ago, exodus_cl said:

Thanks for the update @Jason Carr I know it has nothing to do with you, but do you happen to know any ETA?

Also just in case: I tested an old version of launchbox (11.17) and it works better (not as fast as the Emusync app, but definitely better than latest Launchbox).

I'm guessing this was just the placebo effect. We've done extensive testing and there is no difference (in performance or in code) between early versions and the latest versions in the single game media downloads.

• 1 month later...