LaunchBox Community Forums

Really slow EmuMovies download speed through LaunchBox (EmuMovies Lifetime Supporter)

Tequila_Burp

Greetings,

I have a lifetime supporter license on EmuMovies and an expired license on LaunchBox.

I tried to download HQ media for a MAME set and its taking forever. I did a speed test on LaunchBox v9.1 and EmuMovies Sync v2.53. Theres a big difference in speeds. For example, I tested "Mushihime-Sama Futari Black Label: Another Ver" HQ video. Through the task manager, I can observe that the download speed on launchbox is 2 Mbps and on EmuMovies Sync it reached 40 Mbps (my ISP speed). Is there a fix in later versions or a workaround for this issue without doing it manually? The only reason I bought a Lifetime Supporter license on emumovies was to take advantage of the speed. I read on launchbox front page both were partners, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks

Edited by Tequila_Burp
mybad
  • Like 1

Internet connections are really finicky things, unfortunately, especially now with Internet neutrality abolished in the US (what a ridiculous mess that is). I've already proven that the LaunchBox traffic is being throttled by ISPs, so I wouldn't be surprised if EmuMovies traffic was as well. It sucks to have to pay money for a VPN, but that may be worth trying, as that gets around ISP sniffing and throttling.

If only big corporations weren't screwing everybody over... :/

• Like 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1

The more I download the more it get worse...:(

1305783369_Anotacin2019-06-12182631.thumb.jpg.60a7c70ba1a111beb0b884b27851557f.jpgWith Emu app...

514449143_Anotacin2019-06-12183051.thumb.jpg.2020cfcdc3132b171a7cd5a32cd63657.jpg

EDIT:

Ok, I did some investigation on wireshark. The mirror on launchbox is from Netherlands and the mirror from EmuSync is from Cloudflare on San Francisco. Is it possible to change it? Also notice that emusync uses 2 download threads.

Launchbox:wireshark.thumb.png.5e7d259514adf69b86077e690243f451.pngwireshark2.thumb.jpg.80a97c370a21d1e24ce4dcbddd86b549.jpgEmuSync:

wireshark3.thumb.png.0f944ab48e6347184e6309f2adb6386c.pngwireshark4.thumb.jpg.57766e2ca499cb6cb1a59b578c5bc0a4.jpg

Edited by Tequila_Burp
new info
  • Like 1

Cloudflare is just a caching/anti-DDOS service that EmuMovies uses. I'm not quite sure how it all works, but I would guess that it would jump back and forth between the two sources from time to time.

We may add multiple download threads here at some point. I added that recently for the app downloads but haven't put them in for media downloads just yet.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

And the issue continues coming into Dec.

It seems they are not even attempting to fix the issue.

Emumovies was a waste of money, period.

7 days trying to get 174 roms done, that shows there is a real problem. 

I have tested every point from my side all the way through to Emu and everything is fine till I hit Emu itself, What are they running there servers on?  A 486 dx 4 Bahaha!

It's Emu and they are failing hard now, everything was fine last April, but now it's not worth using.

• Haha 1

Hi, Right now I'm doing maintencance to my launchbox library, the last time I did this was a year ago but I wanted to Redownload My Media (images, videos) so I deleted all the media that normally Launchbox will download, I deleted the old media, and when I started to Download The new Media the procces is just too slow neither Launchbox game database media and Emumovies are downloading at the same speed they do last year, even now that I finally move the Launcbox Folder to an ssd. is there a fix to that? Please Help.

yeah it's becoming a pain using Emumovies, i'm doing one entry at at a time and just connecting before i can select anything is taking 10-15 minutes each time :(

maybe its time to have this on a switch so we can turn it off (I can't see one in the options) or where you put your login details we can select the video quality so it just downloads the video,

i don't use emumovies for all the other stuff i can get from launchbox, boxes, logos etc.

I am having similar issues for a couple of days, very slow downloads compared to what you would normally expect and many of the movies I try to get won't download. A couple of moderators tried to help me yesterday on a thread I made about this but haven't heard from them since then.

Definitely seems like there is an issue, especially with EMU movies video files.

I hope it will get fixed soon or that at least they can inform us more about it in the meantime.

Hi folks.

Everything that needs a download has become pinfully slow since last update. Downloading new theme vidz and getting anything from emu movies or launchbox database is taking way too long. I haven`t changed anything PC side. Has anybody else experiencied this since the update? Launching and playing games is as fast as ever, just anything that requires a download seems to have been affected. Any help would be well appreciated.

Cheers.