LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

20 hours ago, faeran said:

Screenshots should now make an appearance in version 2.01, out now on the forums.

BIG THX MAN!  :x

19 hours ago, clockw3rk said:

@faeran @viking Thank you both for all of your work. This is still the best theme for Bigbox, and I'm looking forward to all of the tweaks you make from here forward. 

On the transition timing that your family was too impatient for: How about halving the transition time? I personally think you're spot-on with the design, and even most of the transition details, but you could certainly add speed. 

Yes. It's pretty but it's too slow in real use. @faeran, is it difficult to speed up the general transition animation on the PlatformView a bit?

19 hours ago, kobaturtle said:

Thanks for the screenshot fix!

Same! I'd be curious about halftime transition. I really like new transition animation!

Also, I noticed the highlighted search letter is slightly missaligned with an oversaturated green (see attached)

Another quick suggestion, is it possible to add plateform name in WheelGamesViews? (somewhere around title name maybe?) It would be usefull when navigating in a playlist with titles plauylist from several plateforms.

Thank you so much for this amazing theme!

sorting.png

platform.png

Difficult to add the platform name here. This space is reserved for games with long name! (see below) I'm trying to find another place for him!

12 hours ago, soqueroeu said:

I agree . @kobaturtle!
There are different versions of the same game on different platforms.
We need to know exactly which version we want to play.

I'm going to test the Theme now and, if there is any point of improvement, I'll come back to let you know on the forum:

@faeran and @viking , thank you and all team involved in this great update!

Thank you for gifting us with the hardware set images. I'm sure many will ask to use the images in other themes, because they are very beautiful.
For Now, I missed some platforms, like the Sharp X68000 and american Super Nintendo. Please, can you make them for us ?

Apparently, we still have the old color problem:

image.thumb.png.9a03034480ea3f577c4bc3e08dd0fdc6.png

image.thumb.png.3235cba5ac608943dba804ec04e488cf.png

Here a problem with long names:

image.thumb.png.f0e7fd00196c226f1899f28961d8da4c.png

Yes, the PNG hardware set will be useful I think =) It will be updated at the same rate as the video set. I might make a special post for him, but it's hard to maintain.

The color problem comes from the "categories" obviously. With a variant for Arcade, which takes the purple color of the platform.

Indeed, this game has a very long name! @faeran, maybe reduce the size of the title font a little bit?

6 hours ago, crusadeRGP said:

Having issue with exiting game details page when using vertical wheel 2.  Screen will be blank and only show once you navigate up or down to select another game.

No idea why  =/

5 hours ago, crusadeRGP said:

Is there any way to add spinning disc art to the game details page in front or half behind the box of selected game?

Maybe in next view ;)

4 hours ago, soqueroeu said:

Hey @viking and @faeran,

What happened to the views we discussed last year? Any chance of seeing them in future updates?
These shouldn't be left out, they were great! 🤩

Views.thumb.png.877674d9f29f7d017a32d6d10ecf361c.png

Bonus!
Please consider creating image like below, for anyone who wants to use the theme without videos
:

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.ba42f789ca8c0ee2b7e5cee196e893b9.png

I had advanced their development well. But Faeran regained control of the dev. We wanted to lay a solid foundation before creating a new view. This is the next step! (with adjustments to be snappier, faster)

The platformview without video is still planned! The PNG hardware set was missing and it's now done! ;)

4 hours ago, soqueroeu said:

I think you need to put an edge limiter here:

image.thumb.png.271aba1350a9cf5a16b5d23fa95700a6.png

Yes you're right !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, viking said:

Indeed, this game has a very long name! @faeran, maybe reduce the size of the title font a little bit?

Next release I'll add an experimental Platform View 3 where the start of all animations will be cut in half so you can get a feel for it. It means you'll have less time while navigating the wheel before things start animating away, so for slow scrollers it may not be ideal.

I'll also have the box size fixed on the text games view.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, soqueroeu said:

OK @faeran

Please let me know which files and code should I change to fix these platform vs banner inconsistencies:

image.thumb.png.9d021e8e9f1bbb00338dbe2ba2a603fb.png

Also, how to correct these colors?

image.thumb.png.d51e8987c2441e74763a383cff6ca433.png

This can all be done within the CTC now. You can download the CTC files on the theme page's description, load it into the CTC and make changes via its interface. Looks like the platforms are case sensitive, as there's definitely an entry for "NEC PC Engine", and you seemed to have gone against the grain to make yours "Nec PC Engine"

23 minutes ago, faeran said:

This can all be done within the CTC now. You can download the CTC files on the theme page's description, load it into the CTC and make changes via its interface. Looks like the platforms are case sensitive, as there's definitely an entry for "NEC PC Engine", and you seemed to have gone against the grain to make yours "Nec PC Engine"

Sorry, I've never used CTC before. I am gonna try. But these links not working. Am I doing something wrong?
image.thumb.png.07a6cefc43b7dcd1eae38d89d16bd8f3.png

Edited by soqueroeu

7 minutes ago, soqueroeu said:

Sorry, I've never used CTC before. I am going to try. But these links are not working. Am I doing something wrong?
image.thumb.png.07a6cefc43b7dcd1eae38d89d16bd8f3.png

Just tried and they do look like they are working when you click them. Try a different browser maybe if they are not working for you.

This video can show you how to load the files into the CTC:

Once loaded, you'll need to enter into one of the views, like Platform Wheel 2, click on one of the elements that has color conditioning (they are marked with a green C ), and go into the Conditions window where you'll see all the conditions. You can add new ones, or edit ones that don't meet any non-standard naming conventions you may have. Then you can publish out the theme.

13 minutes ago, faeran said:

Just tried and they do look like they are working when you click them. Try a different browser maybe if they are not working for you.

Sorry guys, I don't know what's going on. I cannot download these files. Do you think there is any restriction on my username? I've tried in other browsers and still the same error.

EDIT:
Sorry guys. The popup blocker was blocking the links.

Edited by soqueroeu

Thanks for this awesome theme!

I am wondering is it possible to reduce the delay on the video playing in the gamelist view, atm its about 3 seconds from selecting a game to seeing a video, which file can i edit to reduce it down so the video pops up faster when scrolling?  thanks

6 hours ago, meathax said:

Thanks for this awesome theme!

I am wondering is it possible to reduce the delay on the video playing in the gamelist view, atm its about 3 seconds from selecting a game to seeing a video, which file can i edit to reduce it down so the video pops up faster when scrolling?  thanks

You can always download the CTC files and make any changes you'd like to see (the files are in the theme's description).

Doing a quick check, looks like the animation on the video starts at 1.5 seconds for the video to appear, and about a second for the animation to complete.

Hey @faeran ,

Is there any way to correct the colors by manually editing some text file?
I looked in the folder theme, found info on
TextListView, TextGamesView, Wheel2GamesView, TextFiltersView and WheelGamesView, but it looks like the color control is not coming from these. Nothing change!
Please, Help us!

Edited by soqueroeu

36 minutes ago, soqueroeu said:

Hey @faeran ,

Is there any way to correct the colors by manually editing some text file?
I looked in the folder theme, found info on
TextListView, TextGamesView, Wheel2GamesView, TextFiltersView and WheelGamesView, but it looks like the color control is not coming from these. Nothing change!
Please, Help us!

Those views are all game views, not platforms, the colour codes are in the platform wheel views.

image.thumb.png.9d01e2b595a616b79d03e8c763bc01cf.png

It's codes at the end of each line that dictates the colour.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Those views are all game views, not platforms, the colour codes are in the platform wheel views.

Thanks @neil9000, but I looked at all files where this information appears, even in the one you recommended, the color values are exactly as they should. But the colors still show the default green:

image.thumb.png.df6ad37ea5e64f0d2341a6375dd9373e.png

image.thumb.png.dc40d98e000736f0e0ee1476808813b8.png

EDIT:

Yeah... the problem was case sensitive.
But it is strange the PC Engine CD was No Case and had the correct colors. When in doubt, I renamed all Nec to NEC. It's OK now.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by soqueroeu

Guys,

I could not correct the Super Nintendo Color. Apparently there is some bug with this platform. On my system it's called Nintendo Super NES and was duly scraped as Super Nintendo Entertainment System.
I already changed the color code in the xaml and still nothing changes.

image.thumb.png.8cd5a107965bb7ef8d1c159cc7d2c0b0.png

image.thumb.png.faf9dec088a19d9caeb9b5c83ca6d0cc.png

image.thumb.png.057f04d0b65c3090944fc3048db1840c.png

Please, could someone help me to fix it?

Edited by soqueroeu

11 hours ago, soqueroeu said:

Guys,

I could not correct the Super Nintendo Color. Apparently there is some bug with this platform. On my system it's called Nintendo Super NES and was duly scraped as Super Nintendo Entertainment System.
I already changed the color code in the xaml and still nothing changes.

image.thumb.png.8cd5a107965bb7ef8d1c159cc7d2c0b0.png

image.thumb.png.faf9dec088a19d9caeb9b5c83ca6d0cc.png

image.thumb.png.057f04d0b65c3090944fc3048db1840c.png

Please, could someone help me to fix it?

You will need to change the name in the view you are using.xaml in the same place you are changing the colour code as you are using a non standard platform name that will not match what is in the theme.

image.thumb.png.f1173dfcc3210ab90d374e186791c12c.png

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

You will need to change the name in the view you are using.xaml in the same place you are changing the colour code as you are using a non standard platform name that will not match what is in the theme.

Ahhh, with the right information, things work fine now. Thank you very much @neil9000!!
It's not enough to change the colors code, we need to change the platform name to match what the theme asks for.

I had to change the lines below and then adjust the color value for both. I'll do this for all the other views.

Before:

image.thumb.png.88b9649a86543cfd675808c18b184d0a.png

After:
image.thumb.png.bb8fa8c69b8ac50c93845a0a3f17ba8c.png

image.thumb.png.9a4548a0a842475fb13db1cac1ade426.png

@faeran , I wonder why we don't have these views based on the scraped name instead of the name given by the user. 🤨

Edited by soqueroeu