LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

You will need to change the name in the view you are using.xaml in the same place you are changing the colour code as you are using a non standard platform name that will not match what is in the theme.

Ahhh, with the right information, things work fine now. Thank you very much @neil9000!!
It's not enough to change the colors code, we need to change the platform name to match what the theme asks for.

I had to change the lines below and then adjust the color value for both. I'll do this for all the other views.

Before:

image.thumb.png.88b9649a86543cfd675808c18b184d0a.png

After:
image.thumb.png.bb8fa8c69b8ac50c93845a0a3f17ba8c.png

image.thumb.png.9a4548a0a842475fb13db1cac1ade426.png

@faeran , I wonder why we don't have these views based on the scraped name instead of the name given by the user. 🤨

Edited by soqueroeu

21 hours ago, soqueroeu said:

Ahhh, with the right information, things work fine now. Thank you very much @neil9000!!
It's not enough to change the colors code, we need to change the platform name to match what the theme asks for.

I had to change the lines below and then adjust the color value for both. I'll do this for all the other views.

Before:

image.thumb.png.88b9649a86543cfd675808c18b184d0a.png

After:
image.thumb.png.bb8fa8c69b8ac50c93845a0a3f17ba8c.png

image.thumb.png.9a4548a0a842475fb13db1cac1ade426.png

@faeran , I wonder why we don't have these views based on the scraped name instead of the name given by the user. 🤨

This has always worked this way. If you use non-standard naming, then you would have to add that non-standard name into whatever a custom theme uses, either in the code (like you are seeing), or by changing file names.

It's something I'd like to improve, but at the moment, unsure how possible that will be.

• Like 1

Hey @viking, thank you very much for the update! I'm trying to make the Launchbox -> Retroarch transition as seamless as possible (or to "integrate" RA to Launchbox as best as possible), so I made some custom wallpapers for Retroarch based on your theme, let me know what you think:

https://imgur.com/a/M5urawP

Each core will have a custom wallpaper based on each platform from your theme. I added a blur effect for improved readability.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, crusadeRGP said:

Can anyone help me with what I need to edit to make a change to my game menu screen to remove the video and replace it with the game cart/disc?

1895939768_BigboxIdea.thumb.jpg.60f36f6bb3fc35f1f0a1b0f6a6a9f913.jpg

You can do this either by loading the CTC files into the CTC and making the change through that editor, or you can dive into the code and replace the video with the cart image path.

The community theme creator files are located on its download page in the description:

And the Community Theme Creator can be found here:

If you want to go the XAML editing route, you'll have to find and open the TextGamesView.xaml file (located in the themes Views folder.

The replace:

<transitions:TransitionPresenter x:Name="SelectedItemVideo1video" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" StretchVideo="True" IsContentVideo="True" Opacity="1.0" RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" >
									<transitions:TransitionPresenter.Style>
										<Style TargetType="transitions:TransitionPresenter">
											<Setter Property="Content" Value="{Binding ImageVideoView}"/>
											<Style.Triggers>
												<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=SelectedItemVideo1,Path=Visibility}" Value="Collapsed">
													<Setter Property="Content" Value=""/>
												</DataTrigger>
												<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=SelectedItemVideo1,Path=Opacity}" Value="0">
													<Setter Property="Content" Value=""/>
												</DataTrigger>
											</Style.Triggers>
										</Style>
									</transitions:TransitionPresenter.Style>
									<transitions:TransitionPresenter.RenderTransform>
										<TransformGroup>
											<RotateTransform Angle="0" />
											<ScaleTransform ScaleX="1" ScaleY="1" />
											<SkewTransform  AngleX="0" AngleY="0" />
										</TransformGroup>
									</transitions:TransitionPresenter.RenderTransform>
								</transitions:TransitionPresenter >

With something like this:

<Image Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.CartFrontImagePath}" />

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, crusadeRGP said:

I can't find the correct file @faeran to edit in the community theme creator, the textgamesviews seems to be the selection screen and I'm looking for the page you load the game from.

image.thumb.png.68c8fa1a546ba9448ab515924f011326.png

And the TextGamesView.xaml is used for both the text games selection view and the game details view.

On 4/29/2022 at 7:46 PM, faeran said:

image.thumb.png.68c8fa1a546ba9448ab515924f011326.png

And the TextGamesView.xaml is used for both the text games selection view and the game details view.

Thanks I was able to add the game cart using the community theme creator. In the creator however it will show both a game cart or disc depending on the type of system but in BigBox only the carts will show up not discs. Also is there anyway to make it so the discs spin but not cartridges?

9 hours ago, crusadeRGP said:

Thanks I was able to add the game cart using the community theme creator. In the creator however it will show both a game cart or disc depending on the type of system but in BigBox only the carts will show up not discs.

This is based on your Cart Front Priority settings in your LaunchBox options.

9 hours ago, crusadeRGP said:

Also is there anyway to make it so the discs spin but not cartridges?

Yes, but it will get a bit complicated. To do this in the CTC, you would have to duplicate the cart element, then set the spinning animation on this duplicate one. Then create visibility conditioning that says "default to collapsed, but make it visible only on platforms that use discs" (you'll have to make an entry for each of your platforms that use discs). Then for the main cart element, you have to do the reverse, "default to visible, but collapse it when you are on any disc based platforms.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Bit of a lurker here as I've been getting acquainted with LaunchBox/BigBox the past few weeks. Love the design of theme, very professional yet fun!

My question is: The platform wheel automatically goes into the platform about a second after spinning to it. Is there an option to require the user to click into the platform first? So basically the platform wheel would stay visible until one of the platforms was clicked. Or if there's no option to require a click, is there an option to change the timing?

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix the colours of the side bars for some of the platforms to match the videos? While most of the platforms are colour matched, the likes of Vectrex, PC Engine, C64 etc all have a green bar at the side instead of the colour of their platform video. Examples in the post.

If you could tell me how to change the colours in the xaml files that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

vx.png

pce.png

Nevermind I edited the "COLORFUL_Styles.xaml" and changed the colour codes for those platforms.

For those who want to know which platforms I changed and what color codes match perfectly with the platform videos, here:

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="Commodore 64" Color="#115BAE"/>

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="GCE Vectrex" Color="#4F97D8"/>

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="Microsoft MSX" Color="#4157C5"/>

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="Microsoft MSX2" Color="#4157C5"/>

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="Microsoft Windows" Color="#3AB1E0"/>

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="NEC PC Engine" Color="#BB3F42"/>

@viking I just wanted to let you know that I think this theme is absolutely incredible and awe-inspiring! It's honestly what got me interested in using LaunchBox as it's so beautifully clean-- so I just wanted to say thank you!

It's a relatively naive question, but I'm leaning into the handheld emulation side of things of late and was wondering whether you had any interest in making an simpler version of this theme for Android at all?

• Thanks 1