LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

3 hours ago, faeran said:

The new way of adding colors is by editing the COLORFUL_Styles.xaml file within: LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Views\Styles

Should be as straight forward as adding a new SolidColorBrush line and editing the key to match (or partially match) your platform/playlist name and adding your color.

Working perfectly. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 6:53 PM, faeran said:

The new way of adding colors is by editing the COLORFUL_Styles.xaml file within: LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Views\Styles

Should be as straight forward as adding a new SolidColorBrush line and editing the key to match (or partially match) your platform/playlist name and adding your color.

Ok, i have that file open, but how do i know the colour code to input there? I currently have ZX Spectrum and Windows only showing green.

2021-08-09 14_38_17-LaunchBox Big Box.png

2021-08-09 14_38_41-LaunchBox Big Box.png

23 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Ok, i have that file open, but how do i know the colour code to input there? I currently have ZX Spectrum and Windows only showing green.

2021-08-09 14_38_17-LaunchBox Big Box.png

2021-08-09 14_38_41-LaunchBox Big Box.png

Tbh, I don't know where the colours come from. I'm guessing it comes from the videos that were created either by viking or someone in the community. You could always try an eye dropper program to capture the colour from the video.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, faeran said:

Tbh, I don't know where the colours come from. I'm guessing it comes from the videos that were created either by viking or someone in the community. You could always try an eye dropper program to capture the colour from the video.

15 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@neil9000 Try #349EC8 for Windows and #7F1711 for ZX Spectrum

Yeah there used to be a colour chart available with the codes, that seems to of been deleted since the updated version of the theme. Its all well and good saying you can add any colour to any system, but most people wont have a clue what colour code they need. I didnt know there were programs to get those codes, so ill have a look for one.

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah there used to be a colour chart available with the codes, that seems to of been deleted since the updated version of the theme. Its all well and good saying you can add any colour to any system, but most people wont have a clue what colour code they need. I didnt know there were programs to get those codes, so ill have a look for one.

I just copied the above images, put them in MS Paint and then used the eyedropper tool. It only shows RGB though so you have to convert it to hex. I'm not sure what color chart you're referring to, maybe @faeran has it somewhere.

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I just copied the above images, put them in MS Paint and then used the eyedropper tool. It only shows RGB though so you have to convert it to hex. I'm not sure what color chart you're referring to, maybe @faeran has it somewhere.

Those two codes are a little too dark, but close enough thanks, ill have a look for a program though to find them. Why cant it be simple and just be "light blue" and "dark red" :) 

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Those two codes are a little too dark, but close enough thanks, ill have a look for a program though to find them. Why cant it be simple and just be "light blue" and "dark red" :) 

Hi @neil9000,

If you have Photoshop, you can download the source file of the videos here:

Those zips include the psd and you can get the colour directly from the background layer (I can speak for the ZX spectrum as I was the one that created it).

I hope this helps...

Edited by CMOSS

41 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @neil9000,

If you have Photoshop, you can download the source file of the videos here:

Those zips include the psd and you can get the colour directly from the background layer (I can speak for the ZX spectrum as I was the one that created it).

I hope this helps...

Unfortunately i do not have, nor have i ever used photoshop. Thanks though.

13 hours ago, crisemmm said:

is there anyway to revert to ver 1.0 of this theme? im on ver 1.1 and get two different colors merging from left when showing your platform videos when coming across certain console systems?

If someone still had the older theme files you could use them, as long as you note that all platform view colors are broken in that version.

I've ported the theme over to the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, which is currently in beta. That version will eventually replace this one. So if you, or others, have time to test the colors, I can make any adjustments before the release.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:59 PM, faeran said:

If someone still had the older theme files you could use them, as long as you note that all platform view colors are broken in that version.

I've ported the theme over to the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, which is currently in beta. That version will eventually replace this one. So if you, or others, have time to test the colors, I can make any adjustments before the release.

Hello, I made some adjustments on some systems that had the wrong cores, I will post the file with the modification I made.

COLORFUL_Styles.xaml

• Thanks 1

These systems have a slight color difference between the video and the color that the theme uses. I still can't find the correct colors.

Atari 5200
Bandai WonderSwan
Microsoft MSDOS
Microsoft Xbox
Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 64
Nintendo 64DD
Nintendo Switch
Sony Playstation 3

The problem with colors in video is that it changes all the time.
using the eyedropper in Photoshop does not always work well. We're close, but it's not perfect.

What I do in these cases:

• Launch BigBox and launch the desired platform.
  • Press  "print screen" key on my keyboard.
  • Open Photoshop > Ctrt+N > Ctrl+V
  • Here, use the eyedropper tool to get the Hex code

yes. Boring ... but it's works !

Because between Photoshop edit, After Effect export, codec and VLC player, all color change a little ...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, viking said:

The problem with colors in video is that it changes all the time.
using the eyedropper in Photoshop does not always work well. We're close, but it's not perfect.

What I do in these cases:

• Launch BigBox and launch the desired platform.
  • Press  "print screen" key on my keyboard.
  • Open Photoshop > Ctrt+N > Ctrl+V
  • Here, use the eyedropper tool to get the Hex code

yes. Boring ... but it's works !

Because between Photoshop edit, After Effect export, codec and VLC player, all color change a little ...

Thanks for the clarifications, then I'll try to get the closest colors.

** update ok.. unsure how but i fixed it.**

All right, so i was trying to fix the platform Windows colour problem i was having so i went into the COLORFUL_Styles.xaml and added the windows line <SolidColorBrush x:Key="windows Color" Color="#349EC8"/> unfortunately i made a typo and the theme view crashed and went back to default BB. So i found my typo and fixed it but still had the theme crashing so i did a complete fresh install of the theme but still had the theme crashing. this is now the error i am getting with this them. What have i done wrong and why wouldnt a fresh install of the Theme fix the issue? 

Desktop Screenshot 2021.08.26 - 14.09.35.39.png

Edited by Mute64