LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

Hello! I don't have Big Box (yet) but I have seen videos of this theme on YouTube. The box art seem to fade out after a few seconds, is it be possible for it to stay over the video indefinitely after it fades in? This is the definitely the theme I'm going to use.

@OSH Yes, the BoxArt fadeout was requested by the community.

Since v2 of the theme, made by @faeran, you can modify the theme with the Community Theme Creator. (see the text on the download page)

@Bawnanable Thx!  Yes I saw ! Very excited about the Android version.
I ordered an Odin Lite for this ^^
I'm thinking  propos a concept for Android yes. When... no idea!

@viking Yes! I've also ordered an Odin Lite! Super excited for it-- I'm clearly planning ahead for what themes I'll be using when it arrives, hahah. 

Nevertheless I'm glad to hear you've got some interest in the Android side of things as I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for any updates from ya'! 

Hi all!

I'm sure this has been answered before but I'm relatively new to Big Box so my apologies!

The theme is incredible! However logos with white in them (using the lite version) such as Sonic the Hedgehog just blend in, is there any way to rectify this please? No problem if not but thought I'd ask!

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, eacochran said:

Hello, I have switched to 49" Ultrawide and this looks a bit wonky on it. I was wondering, is there a DL for this theme that fits the Ultrawide Aspect Ratio? Or do I need to edit it to make it fit properly?

You would need to edit the theme to make it work with Ultrawide screens. Luckily there's the Community Theme Creator files that you can load up in the CTC. So you could make the changes in a user interface without having to dive into the code itself.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:59 AM, faeran said:

You would need to edit the theme to make it work with Ultrawide screens. Luckily there's the Community Theme Creator files that you can load up in the CTC. So you could make the changes in a user interface without having to dive into the code itself.

Cool, so I figured out how to edit the aspect ratio and stuff and I got the Game Wheels to work, but when I would go to adjust the size of the main video for the platform wheels, they would get all deformed and no be placed correctly in the final product. 

1 hour ago, eacochran said:

Cool, so I figured out how to edit the aspect ratio and stuff and I got the Game Wheels to work, but when I would go to adjust the size of the main video for the platform wheels, they would get all deformed and no be placed correctly in the final product. 

There's a property on the video element that would allow you to make the videos either Stretch or respect their aspect ratio. That's probably what you'll need to adjust.

What an amazing theme! Personal favourite and default now. Is there a way/option to add scanlines to the videos? I read it's mentioned before and somebody added it to the old version. But can't find any info on the new CTC version.

11 hours ago, faeran said:

There's a property on the video element that would allow you to make the videos either Stretch or respect their aspect ratio. That's probably what you'll need to adjust.

I actually messed with those settings. For some reason, when I was able to get it remotely close to where I wanted it, It's like the main video box needed to be glitched off-screen to the right for it to show up properly in the final product. It made no sense. I even messed with the alignment options. Nothing would work for me. But like I said, the game wheel pages worked just fine with no issue. It was just the Platform Wheel pages.

On 7/2/2022 at 8:17 AM, X1pheR said:

@viking With the theme the flip cover function does not seem to work. Is it not implemented or am I missing something? And I saw a post a while back you were looking at scanlines. I was still looking how to add those. Is it still WIP?

My guess is that it's not implemented. Should be fairly easy for someone to add it via the CTC if they are so bold.

My understanding is that scanlines are just not planned for this theme, but again can be added for anyone that wants to venture into the CTC.

On 7/4/2022 at 4:14 PM, faeran said:

My guess is that it's not implemented. Should be fairly easy for someone to add it via the CTC if they are so bold.

My understanding is that scanlines are just not planned for this theme, but again can be added for anyone that wants to venture into the CTC.

I have no graphical/editing experience but did notice your theming videos. So I guess I have some binge watching to do and hope I figure it out 🤣

I've recently updated to the new Version, but sadly there are still a TON of mismatched colors between the theme and it's corresponding videos. E.G. Arcade Platform Category is dark purple in the theme, but light blue in the video. This is just one example, there are multiple mismatches for the different platforms as well.

One of the best aspects of COLORFUL is its consistency, which is destroyed by these color mismatches. Are there plans for fixing this sometime down the line?

9 minutes ago, funkyblue said:

Hey Everyone, New to Bigbox, so wondering what I am doing wrong? I thought the screen would have a picture  of the console? Example attached.

Screenshot 2022-07-11 00.28.45.png

Platform videos go there, you can download them in Launchbox, Tools/Downloads/Platform/Playlist videos.

• 3 weeks later...

This theme is so freaking clean!

I am having a weird issue though, where the font size is inconsistent.  The first time I enter a platform's library, the font size is really small, as seen below:

Screenshot_20220730-115216.thumb.jpg.a4676e5351000afaa3f12a87318ccc0b.jpg

However, when I exit the library and enter again, the font size turns into a way more acceptable level.

Screenshot_20220730-115225.thumb.jpg.376df6303f16b64d2e8fa44e063cdeeb.jpg

Anyone else experience this, or know how I can fix it?

18 minutes ago, QuirkyKirkTech said:

This theme is so freaking clean!

I am having a weird issue though, where the font size is inconsistent.  The first time I enter a platform's library, the font size is really small, as seen below:

Screenshot_20220730-115216.thumb.jpg.a4676e5351000afaa3f12a87318ccc0b.jpg

However, when I exit the library and enter again, the font size turns into a way more acceptable level.

Screenshot_20220730-115225.thumb.jpg.376df6303f16b64d2e8fa44e063cdeeb.jpg

Anyone else experience this, or know how I can fix it?

Id check the below thread and see if it relates to you.