LaunchBox Community Forums

10.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

That's because 28,000 is the default top high score for BurgerTime. Unfortunately there's no good way to recognize what's a default high score, and what is user-achieved. I realize that's annoying, but once we get some decent traffic it shouldn't matter much, since high scores that are less than the default shouldn't be near the top of the list anyways.

Ahh. I don't think it's a big issue as these defaults will certainly be overwritten fairly quickly after everyone enables this feature and plays a few times. 

Edited by Headrush69
  • Like 1

Very excited for this feature and will definitely be testing this one to the fullest.  The new price for premium LB might be a little high for some people, but this is why i recommend it to everyone i know.  Constant development and updates, great community.  Features you didnt think you needed but are glad they are there.  Keep up the good work Jason.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@Jason Carr Anything we can do after disabling cheats for hi scores, but the log still shows cheats might be enabled? Tested a few games and scores not loading. Cheats are disabled as they no longer show in Mame.

Search your MAME folder for all files named plugin.ini, and either delete them or make 100% sure that cheats are not enabled in each file.

53 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Search your MAME folder for all files named plugin.ini, and either delete them or make 100% sure that cheats are not enabled in each file.

Got it. For some reason I had a plugin.ini in the root folder and in the ini folder. Removed one and all is good.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

@Jason Carr nvram is being read now,but may have an issue. Dig dug was not showing my hi score prior to the betas. I ran the game and exited. A score is now showing, but good look beating 4million that shows. Lol.  The actual score should be 46,310. Something is not reading quite right.

I'm seeing that now too. Apparently if a high score file is present, then the nvram shouldn't be trusted. Got another beta uploading. I also caught a few other issues with certain games.

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I'm seeing that now too. Apparently if a high score file is present, then the nvram shouldn't be trusted. Got another beta uploading. I also caught a few other issues with certain games.

That was the only one I saw with an issue. I went through my games that had hi scores, ran them once and all scores showed properly, except dig dug. The one game I use an autosave for, depthcharge, even shows correctly.

6 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

That was the only one I saw with an issue. I went through my games that had hi scores, ran them once and all scores showed properly, except dig dug. The one game I use an autosave for, depthcharge, even shows correctly.

I have noticed that some games refuse to track or upload scores if autosave is enabled, but that doesn't always seem to be the case.

1 hour ago, ed20910 said:

@Jason Carr nvram is being read now,but may have an issue. Dig dug was not showing my hi score prior to the betas. I ran the game and exited. A score is now showing, but good look beating 4million that shows. Lol.  The actual score should be 46,310. Something is not reading quite right.

Since that "weird" score was changed, dig dug no longer is adding hi-scores for me now. Beat it 3 times now and no upload. Other games seems to be working ok.

(I'm on beta 3 now)

Edited by Headrush69

4 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Since that "weird" score was changed, dig dug no longer is adding hi-scores for me now. Beat it 3 times now and no upload. Other games seems to be working ok.

(I'm on beta 3 now)

Do you have autosave enabled in your MAME configuration? Do you have a digdug.hi file in your MAME\hi directory?

So quick question regarding MAME and High Scores. I know that in the plugin file you have to set HiScore to 1, which I did. Autosave is not enabled. Am I safe to assume that I should be seeing a .hi created after playing games that work with HiScores? I've just tried playing a couple that do (according to the sidebar in LB) and no file is being created. Not sure what setting I might need to change. 

12 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

So quick question regarding MAME and High Scores. I know that in the plugin file you have to set HiScore to 1, which I did. Autosave is not enabled. Am I safe to assume that I should be seeing a .hi created after playing games that work with HiScores? I've just tried playing a couple that do (according to the sidebar in LB) and no file is being created. Not sure what setting I might need to change. 

Is cheats disabled in plugins.ini in mame folder?

27 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

No autosave and yes there is a digdug.hi file in MAME/hi.

Nothing has changed since it posted a high score earlier.

Enable logs then in LaunchBox under Tools > Options > Debugging. Then give it a try and see what shows in the log file under LaunchBox\Logs. You can search for "MameHighScore" to find any errors.

18 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

Most, but not all supported games have hi score files that show up in the MAME\hi folder. They don't all though. Keep in mind that many MAME games won't save or report any scores at all until at least the bottom score on the game's default leaderboard is beaten.

Thanks for the info. What's weird is that I have old .hi files for some games from 2016 or so (I must have had this working at some point) that actually get uploaded when I play those games in LB. However the files don't appear to be updating, and I tried one that supposedly works with HiScore (4-D Warriors) and got above the top score in-game, but nothing was uploaded and no .hi file was created. I'm guessing it's something with my MAME setup but not sure what yet.