LaunchBox Community Forums

10.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 6 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: An import process for Epic Games has been added under Tools > Import > Epic Games; it works similarly to the latest Steam and GOG imports. New image types have also been added for the media that can be scraped directly from Epic, and metadata is available for Developer and Notes.

• Improvement: The startup process that was associating games with GOG was moved to Tools > Options > Integrations > GOG and will no longer be automatically run on startup. Under most circumstances it was a very quick process, but some users were seeing significant startup time increases as a result.

• Improvement: The Steam import wizard now allows you to choose which platform to import to

• Fixed: Rare divide by zero error with the updates to the Clean Up Media tool

• Fixed: Scanning the root of a drive for GOG games was throwing errors when hitting hidden/system folders

Epic importer seems to be working fine, good job Jason. ;)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks for these updates LB team, great additions. Just a small request; is there any possibility the importer can remember the selection for Prioritizing Steam/GOG metadata?

No. We want you to acknowledge your insult to our loving GamesDB that you don't think it's good enough, and then relive it EVERY time you try to import until you realize the errors of your ways!  ;) 

• Like 1

@Jason Carr Video playback in the games detail blow up in LaunchBox. All you have to do is move the mouse cursor over the LaunchBox "x" in the top right corner and it blows up the video.

I mentioned it on Discord but you don't even have to run the game and exit back to LB for it to happen. Happens in both old and new default theme.

5 hours ago, Krakerman said:

@Jason Carr Video playback in the games detail blow up in LaunchBox. All you have to do is move the mouse cursor over the LaunchBox "x" in the top right corner and it blows up the video.

I mentioned it on Discord but you don't even have to run the game and exit back to LB for it to happen. Happens in both old and new default theme.

5 hours ago, Krakerman said:

I also noticed if you click the "x" before even clicking on any game to display a video in the games detail then it will not happen (blow up the video) from what I tested so far. Very strange.

I'm not really sure what you mean here by "blow up the video".

@Jason Carr getting LB crash on latest beta when selecting an arcade game. Pretty sure it is due to my internet being down and LB cannot access the hi scores. When I turn off the download scores, no crash. I know the feature can't be used without connectivity. Not sure if way to warn a person LBDB can't be connected to and they need to turn off the feature. 

crash.png

Edited by ed20910
Sleeping correction, add screenshot error

Adding MAME high scores in the Pause Menu would be really nice! Even if the emulator has to be closed to refresh the scores... it would still allow you to see ahead of time, the score to beat. Maybe a "refresh" button can be added and it would just be to trigger a shortcut to restart the emulator.

7 minutes ago, PanteraZombie said:

Adding MAME high scores in the Pause Menu would be really nice! Even if the emulator has to be closed to refresh the scores... it would still allow you to see ahead of time, the score to beat. Maybe a "refresh" button can be added and it would just be to trigger a shortcut to restart the emulator.

Well, restarting the emulator would close the pause screen and trigger the shutdown screen (if enabled) i would imagine. Launchbox will see the emulator close essentially. Maybe possible, but with my layman knowledge that sounds like a hell of a re-write of the pause and startup/shutdown screens.

On 3/27/2020 at 9:52 AM, ed20910 said:

@Jason Carr getting LB crash on latest beta when selecting an arcade game. Pretty sure it is due to my internet being down and LB cannot access the hi scores. When I turn off the download scores, no crash. I know the feature can't be used without connectivity. Not sure if way to warn a person LBDB can't be connected to and they need to turn off the feature. 

crash.png

Good find. I'll address this for the next beta.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:12 PM, Krakerman said:

Yes VLC. Thanks Neil sorry was working in a meeting haha

Strangely, I can't seem to replicate this on my machines. I think someone reported it a while ago, but I've never been able to replicate it. Must be some weird video driver crap I guess. I'll do some more testing later on, but at this point I don't have a fix because I can't seem to make it happen.

26 minutes ago, PanteraZombie said:

Closing the emulator would not at all be a good idea here, because I can see it now: people will lose scores as a result. That said, I am planning to look into the option to show *previous* high scores in the pause screen. Regardess, no matter what, it's impossible to show the current ones that were just achieved in the pause screen. I still think it's valuable though to show previous scores, because that's what you'll be competing against.

• Like 1