LaunchBox Community Forums

New FM Towns Emulator

Storm8873

Hi all,

I stumbled across a fairly newish FM Towns emulator at http://ysflight.in.coocan.jp/FM/towns/Tsugaru/e.html that is still being developed.  While not as capable as UNZ, it is easier to use and comes with a GUI and a command line version.  Be interesting to see how well this integrates into Launchbox.  Anyone had else experimented with this?

• 9 months later...

Thanks for this! I was able to implement it into Launchbox. I have had no luck with previous emulators (UNZ and MAME). This was very straight forward and easy to set up. Just make sure to download the ROM folder they link to on their page, as you need this to launch CD roms also (need to guide emulator to ROM folder in command prompt). The only problem I'm facing now is making it full screen, as I can't see a command working for it. I currently use the scaling feature + Borderless gaming (Windows App) to make it full screen. 

Default parameter to make it work with scaling. Replace FULLPATHTOYOURROMFOLDER with the path and keep quote-signs. 

"FULLPATHTOYOURROMFOLDER" -CD %romfile% -scale 180

The emulator overall seem to work quite good now. A few audio glitches. It's also nice to see it continues to have active development. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

use the CUI.exe

Here is a screenshot of my setup. The emulator needs more work in order to be more compatible with Launchers (no exit key, no fullscreen param etc). I have set the CPU to 25. Maybe it needs more. I am just starting to get involved with this emulator

tsugaru.jpg

Edited by Wally

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, Wally said:

Latet Tsugaru build adds support for fullscreen and one button exit

Here is my command line

Cheers, i was trying to use borderless gaming but it wasn't working out.

Edited by Rlad

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 3:55 PM, AshleyYan said:

Anybody know how to boot games that required boot disk on launchbox?

CD games now working great but I have no idea how to play games with boot / user disk...

Thanks!

That's what I'm wondering too. I have CD's booting no problem. There's 70 gigs worth of CD's available. They need to be bin/cue files in there own folder.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...