LaunchBox Community Forums

11.8 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

8 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah, a theme may need upgraded if it is older. We use the same controls as we did for RetroAchievements but they changed controls sometime around 11.0 and so some themes may not have the correct control. It is pretty easy to find it in the default theme xaml and put it into whatever theme you need it in, or can ask the theme dev to do it and update the theme.

Just wondering, can the same process be applied to mame high scores? With the custom themes, they can't be seen on the sidebar except with the default theme. I looked in the code for the theme I'm using, but I had no idea how to add that in there

Beta 3 is out now with the following:

• Fixed: Very rare "argument out of range" error when submitting MAME high scores for certain games

• Fixed: Rare "must create DependencySource on same Thread as the DependencyObject" error when editing theme-specific options in Big Box

• Translation updates

• Like 4

Beta 4 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: New option to hide the Search option from the Big Box system menu while Big Box is locked

• Fixed: On rare occasions, Bulk Edit changes were not properly saving after a restart, mostly affecting Custom Field changes and changes made via the Audit window

• Fixed: The Epic Games importer was occasionally not finding all of a user's games

• Fixed: Changing a game's platform via the Audit window now removes the game from the list when auditing a specific platform

• Like 5

I assume this is not new for 11.8 but I found out that it is now possible to have more than one video per game and I dislike this. in the past I was choosing a bunch of games and said "download media" and ensure I that I have the newest set of videos in it. now I saw that some of my games in my library have three to four times the same video. messing my media library. Is there an option that I can choose "add a video" or "overwrite current media"?

27 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

I assume this is not new for 11.8 but I found out that it is now possible to have more than one video per game and I dislike this. in the past I was choosing a bunch of games and said "download media" and ensure I that I have the newest set of videos in it. now I saw that some of my games in my library have three to four times the same video. messing my media library. Is there an option that I can choose "add a video" or "overwrite current media"?

Have you run the Clean Up Media tool? That should remove any duplicates.

On 11/14/2020 at 12:36 PM, Pixel said:

It's enough to copy one line of code  from the original GameDetailsView.xaml to make it work with other themes. For example, I modified Lambada theme like this, and it's perfect:  3.thumb.png.eb169ae53522f771776717771b0ea959.png

What's the line of code to add Steam achievements to the theme? I'm on Lambda 1.1.1 at the moment and the RetroAchievements line looks identical to Default (I get the achievements on Default theme but not Lambda...)

I was thinking it was this line

<TextBlock Text="{Binding GoToRetroAchievementsString}"/>

Edit: Figured it out. Needed to add the following to the bottom of the StackPanel that contains the MAME leaderboards:

<ContentControl Name="AchievementList" Visibility="{Binding AchievementsVisibility}"/>

Edited by alondero

42 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

Read only bad news on this and how does the system know it is a duplicate?

You complained that an LB feature resulted in you having duplicate videos. LB has a tool to remove duplicate videos and images.

As for any "bad news" you heard, I'm not sure what to say. I'm pointing out a built-in solution to your issue.

11 hours ago, GreenGriffon said:

You complained that an LB feature resulted in you having duplicate videos. LB has a tool to remove duplicate videos and images.

As for any "bad news" you heard, I'm not sure what to say. I'm pointing out a built-in solution to your issue.

bad news like it deleted more than it should be and you cannot choose what kind of duplicates the system should delete or if these are duplicates or planned doublets.

in the beginning I tried that solution and experiences the same and now I am fearing / concerning such solution especially when such solution was not needed before for Videos. 

maybe there needs a better communication towards functionalities with a manual or a Launchbox Wiki for the many features it already have that normally the common user never be aware of.

alternative is, that I make a copy of my 300-400gb of media files and then start this clean up tool and after that I have a long way to check if the tool did the right job because not all media is available in the games DB (which is the reasons for asking of such media art toolkit in launchbox).

4 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

bad news like it deleted more than it should be and you cannot choose what kind of duplicates the system should delete or if these are duplicates or planned doublets.

in the beginning I tried that solution and experiences the same and now I am fearing / concerning such solution especially when such solution was not needed before for Videos. 

maybe there needs a better communication towards functionalities with a manual or a Launchbox Wiki for the many features it already have that normally the common user never be aware of.

alternative is, that I make a copy of my 300-400gb of media files and then start this clean up tool and after that I have a long way to check if the tool did the right job because not all media is available in the games DB (which is the reasons for asking of such media art toolkit in launchbox).

The Cleanup media tool doesn't actually delete anything unless you tell it to. Once it scans for unused files and duplicates it lists them out for you and you can pick and choose which files you wish to delete or quarantine. A duplicate means one of two things with that tool. Two files with the same hash value (meaning it is EXACTLY the same file) is in two places, or the rough image match thinks they are the same (only applies to images).

That being said, this tool wasn't touched this version and we would appreciate if any concerns/discussion related to this tool could be moved to another thread. This is for the beta release and we want to make sure any genuine reports don't get lost in the back and forth of an unrelated issue.

• Like 1

Looks like something similar has also happened to me, specifically in my Epic platform with my Batman games.

78335714_Screenshot(70).thumb.png.ed77719b94b1f33c913a36967710b547.pngAs well as my Lego Batman games.

1330156365_Screenshot(71).thumb.png.5f0f8d7fb8f0d68d609fbad884e0ee71.pngCould it be the names being similar results in "duplicate" games and deletion? The games still have metadata,

image.thumb.png.c6eb25433d6b64d0c9f2b6a7d8ec964b.pngbut the images are completely gone.

image.thumb.png.d6c3ff026201251e702fe1b3f4d4cd8f.png