LaunchBox Community Forums

11.8 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

1 hour ago, Pixel said:

Basically, it has something to do with ® and ™ in the titles, not a similarity between them. I can see that your games also contain it. 

It marks to delete all images of games containing ® and ™ or something similar in the title.

Yes, apparently the issue has to do with the rough-matching image checks and files/game titles that include special characters. @C-Beats was able to identify that earlier as well, and is working on a fix.

1 hour ago, Alucard205 said:

I don't know if I am the only one having this issue, but I can no longer change the defult emulator for games. Neither indivdual nor in mass. It will save for the sesstion, but then defult back to previous choice on close.

I just tested this myself and did not run into any issues, either doing it manually or in bulk. By chance, you're not killing the LaunchBox process are you?

2 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@Jason Carr @C-Beats I'm a bit out of the loop in theming, which code parts should I add to the neon arcade deluxe launchbox theme to make them work with the new additions of 11.8?

I'm not real familiar with the theme to point you to the exact lines it it but if you look at the default themes GameDetailsView.xaml, lines 650-656 drive the achievement logic. Should just be putting them in (if you have some of the legacy retro achievement stuff still in there that references "HardcoreEarned" and "Earned" achievements, those can/should be taking out and replaced with the lines given).

• Thanks 1

I'm having a weird issue with the Epic Games Importer - for some reason Star Wars: Squadrons won't show up as available for import. It's in my Epic Games Library, but is launched through Origin (which it also doesn't show up under when I try that importer.) For now I've manually added the .exe, but I don't want someone else to have that issue as well. I thought the Epic Importer fixes would solve it, but it's still an issue with the full 11.8 release.

6 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@Jason Carr @C-Beats I'm a bit out of the loop in theming, which code parts should I add to the neon arcade deluxe launchbox theme to make them work with the new additions of 11.8?

@Mr. RetroLust This is the code I used to add the Steam Achievements in the GameDetailsView. 

<!-- Steam Achievements-->
                        <TextBlock Text="{Binding AchievementsLoadingLabel}" Visibility="{Binding AchievementsLoadingVisibility}" Foreground="{Binding ForegroundBrush}" TextWrapping="Wrap"
                            Margin="0,15,0,0" FontFamily="{Binding SmallFontFamily}" FontSize="{Binding SmallFontSize}" FontWeight="{Binding SmallFontWeight}"
                            FontStyle="{Binding SmallFontStyle}" />
                        <ContentControl Name="AchievementList" Visibility="{Binding AchievementsVisibility}"/>
        <!-- Steam Achievements END-->

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

@Mr. RetroLust This is the code I used to add the Steam Achievements in the GameDetailsView. 

<!-- Steam Achievements-->
                        <TextBlock Text="{Binding AchievementsLoadingLabel}" Visibility="{Binding AchievementsLoadingVisibility}" Foreground="{Binding ForegroundBrush}" TextWrapping="Wrap"
                            Margin="0,15,0,0" FontFamily="{Binding SmallFontFamily}" FontSize="{Binding SmallFontSize}" FontWeight="{Binding SmallFontWeight}"
                            FontStyle="{Binding SmallFontStyle}" />
                        <ContentControl Name="AchievementList" Visibility="{Binding AchievementsVisibility}"/>
        <!-- Steam Achievements END-->

Thanks bro! @C-Beats did the work for me as my brain was rotten today lol :)

6 minutes ago, Rlad said:

Yeah, i just renewed my licence and updated. My point is if you want themes in BB you have to have then in LB too, which wasnt the case before? (unless im mis-remembering). Either way BB needs its own video priorities.

That is how it used to be but the change adding priorities to video like some images removed that. Its been requested in several other posts already to add the option for BB to have different priorities than LB. 

• Like 1

After the newest update I have had bigbox.exe crash while idling/in attract a few times. Here is the latest information from event viewer. I have **** the PC name in the listing for privacy. 

Faulting application name: BigBox.exe, version: 11.8.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f3ed523
Faulting module name: coreclr.dll, version: 4.700.20.26901, time stamp: 0x5ec48a29
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x000000000004b14f
Faulting process id: 0x2350
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c6a67597d380
Faulting application path: C:\Users\****\LaunchBox\Core\BigBox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App\3.1.6\coreclr.dll
Report Id: b317b775-c34c-4f59-9ac5-347f5b927d0d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Hey @Jason Carr, I noticed LaunchBox Steam Importer does not detect Profile Features Limited games. This isn't your fault as Valve implemented such limitation to combat fake games in the past.

The good news now is that recently Valve updated their endpoint API to also include these games, given a proper parameter is set.

https://steamapi.xpaw.me/#IPlayerService/GetOwnedGames

Set "skip_unvetted_apps" to "0". When this parameter is set to 0, it will return all games owned by user, including  Profile Features Limited games. When omitted, this parameter is defaulted to 1.

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I've not heard anyone have this issue before, could you give me an example of a game you are seeing this with?

This was added only in the recent years to combat fake games so that "developers" don't sell empty games and profit from Steam Trading Cards, Emotes or Steam Achievement icons.

All games usually release in this status ("Steam is learning about this game"), then either becomes "Profile Features Limited (not enough sales and community activity)", or a regular game where it now counts towards the number that displays how many games you own, and feature their Steam Achievements on Steam Profile Achievement Showcases.

RxMRsAy.png

Examples:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1241700/There_Is_No_Game_Jam_Edition_2015/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/922250/Heavy_Burger/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/752430/Arcade_Love/

Thank you for that. I had not heard of that until you mentioned it. I have made the changes and it looks like it works without any unforeseen side effects. Should be in the next beta release, I'll make sure to ping ya when it releases so you can't try it out for us.

• 5 weeks later...

Is anything being done about the performance of BigBox?  It seems that since the switch to .NET core, performance has completely tanked.  It now feels like a stuttery, laggy mess rather than the slick, smooth, frontend experience that I saw when I bought LaunchBox back in version 9.X.  I've been playing around with a clean install and I've noticed that some themes like City Hunter 2 feel like they're running on a low-end GPU when they're actually on a high-end GPU.  The built-in themes run much better but loading videos is still stuttery compared to old versions of BigBox.

3 hours ago, Redmist said:

Is anything being done about the performance of BigBox?  It seems that since the switch to .NET core, performance has completely tanked.  It now feels like a stuttery, laggy mess rather than the slick, smooth, frontend experience that I saw when I bought LaunchBox back in version 9.X.  I've been playing around with a clean install and I've noticed that some themes like City Hunter 2 feel like they're running on a low-end GPU when they're actually on a high-end GPU.  The built-in themes run much better but loading videos is still stuttery compared to old versions of BigBox.

I've seen nothing but massive improvements.