LaunchBox Community Forums

11.10 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

20 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@wallmachine What theme were you using when you got this error?

1. dm'd you
  2. third point just default LaunchBox theme and using the hamburger menu to open BigBox and that error appeared.
  3. If you are in the PlatformWheel1FiltersView and press the Down Arrow on your keyboard then go into the TextGamesView the game text in the ListView disappears.
  4. BigBox is crashing more often randomly:

Debug 2021-02-24 06-30-10 PM.log

Debug 2021-02-24 06-42-25 PM.log

Can we have some examples of the following, while we wait for y2guru to update the theme creator.

The Big Box default wall view with features such as item selections, row fading, and more - can we disable the scrolling of down & up and only have left and right work?

Big Box wheel and CoverFlow custom theme templates and other elements - example of elements that can be used, is this like fading individual clear logos?

Edited by wallmachine

At this point the primary focus with the new FlowControl/FlowContext/FlowImage is to ensure that everything is working (both new and legacy). Once we are convinced that is the case I will update documentation in regards to how to use the new controls.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it was this beta that did it or not, but my bannerbox games view doesn't show banners anymore in bigbox.  It shows oversized clear logos instead.  I'm guessing it had something to do with it though, since this has been my first time starting launchbox in about a month, and i did all the updates that popped up.

52 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I'm not sure if it was this beta that did it or not, but my bannerbox games view doesn't show banners anymore in bigbox.  It shows oversized clear logos instead.  I'm guessing it had something to do with it though, since this has been my first time starting launchbox in about a month, and i did all the updates that popped up.

This would be what happens to me too. Do you know if BannerBox uses custom wheel images?

Beta 2 is out now with the following:

• Views using the BoxArtCoverFactory now respect the GameImage setting instead of forcing Boxes
  • Wall view was attempting to draw items several times if you had less items than Columns x Rows causing index errors
  • Horizontal Platform Wheel wasn't respecting RotationAmount
  • Images in the new WallView were getting cut off because of a UV Coordinate issue and should now show correctly
  • Corrected an issue importing MS-DOS games via a drag and drop that would incorrectly set the application path of the game (introduced in 11.9)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 2 is out now with the following:

• Views using the BoxArtCoverFactory now respect the GameImage setting instead of forcing Boxes
  • Wall view was attempting to draw items several times if you had less items than Columns x Rows causing index errors
  • Horizontal Platform Wheel wasn't respecting RotationAmount
  • Images in the new WallView were getting cut off because of a UV Coordinate issue and should now show correctly
  • Corrected an issue importing MS-DOS games via a drag and drop that would incorrectly set the application path of the game (introduced in 11.9)

Custom Wheel Images are still not populating. Clear Logos are being used instead. I did an all image refresh.

3 hours ago, bbweiners said:

This would be what happens to me too. Do you know if BannerBox uses custom wheel images?

Yeah Bannerbox doesn't pull any images from your "base install" so to speak.  My custom image folder for the banners that bannerbox uses is like 6 gigs or something crazy like that lol.

After updating to the new beta if in the menu and going back into the Platform view BigBox crashes.

Not sure if introduced in the beta but the clear logos in the vertical/horizontal views don't remember location

Debug 2021-02-25 11-46-33 AM.log Debug 2021-02-25 11-44-44 AM.log Debug 2021-02-25 11-54-08 AM.log

Edited by wallmachine

7 hours ago, wallmachine said:

In the wallview if I set the Row="1" it doesn't act like 1 row when moving between boxes. However if I do 1 column that works correctly. Also, wallview doesn't remember the last game it was on.

There is a property binding in the new FlowControl called "NavigationColumns" (without quotes). This is how many columns you can move from the far left or right before the boxes move. Should help with what you are seeing. While running my other tests today I will make sure to review that logic though and ensure it is working as anticipated.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 5:44 PM, Pixelpiper said:

Is clean up media supposed to select essentially every single piece of media in the LB folder and mark it for deletion?  Looks like the only thing not selected are images from the current view mode. Example: all manuals selected as "not used" - same for videos, 3D boxes, etc.  With just under 10k games installed on this system, over 50k items marked fr deletion.

Would it be possible for you to start another thread outside of this one for this? This tool hasn't been touched at all this beta release and would prefer to keep this thread on topic. You will also get FAR better visibility in it's own thread than you will in this one, hopefully can help get you better answers quicker.

On 2/22/2021 at 10:59 PM, ZeSystem said:

I always had problem with BigBox launching on a monitor based on screen index because the number (Screen 1, Screen 2, Screen 3...) can change if u turn on the monitors in different order, or use smart plug turns on monitors at the same time.

The workaround was to move the BigBox window with a hotkey via DisplayFusion, but now it's not even launching on the correct screen. It's set to Screen 1 at this time, but it keeps launching it on Screen 2 (bug #1). If I use the hotkey to move it, the Windows taskbar shows on top of BigBox. If I click on the BigBox icon on the taskbar, it moves back go Screen 1 (bug #2).

Besides from fixing these two new bugs, could you make it so LaunchBox/BigBox launches on a screen where mouse cursor is? A lot of games or programs already do this and I think it would be amazing.

This isn't something that was introduced in the beta build. Would you create a new thread for the issue. Also if you have not already please create a BitBucket ticket for this as it is FAR easier to keep track of there. We don't want to lose your report in the shuffle of the forums.