LaunchBox Community Forums

11.10 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Hey all, the first 11.10 beta is out now with the following:

• New Premium Feature: The Big Box default wall view has been overhauled and is now much more flexible (with features such as item selections, row fading, and more)

• New Premium Feature: There are now 4 different Big Box wall views that are available for theme developers

• New Premium Feature: All Big Box wheel and CoverFlow views have been overhauled to allow for custom theme templates inside of each element in the wheel/CoverFlow. This means that theme developers can now use multiple images and other elements inside of wheel/CoverFlow items.

• Fixed: Corrected an issue that sometimes caused the same game to be found for several platforms when scanning for added games (introduced in 11.9)

Major changes went into this release with the wheels, wall views, and CoverFlow in Big Box to support the custom theme templates for individual items. This will be a big win for theme developers, as it provides for much greater flexibility. That said, a large portion of the Big Box code was updated, so we'll need some heavy testing this go-around.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 1

This error comes up when scrolling down to the bottom of the games list on all 4 wall views.

The given key '22' was not present in the dictionary.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.10-beta-1
Type:    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
Site:    Void ThrowKeyNotFoundException[T](T)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.FlowControl.SelectIndex(Int32 index)
   at FacadeState.InsertGenericStatus(Object , Int32 index, FacadeState )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.FlowControl.MoveDown()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.WallGamesViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.StopRole(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.WallGamesViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.CollectClass()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.ListGenericTask(Object , Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.WallGamesViewModel.DestroyRule(Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.WallGamesViewModel.OnDown(Boolean held, Boolean onlyDownPressed)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnDown(Boolean onlyDownPressed)
   at SpecificationIterator.InsertInterceptor(Object , Boolean value, SpecificationIterator )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.HandleKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at PolicyParams.InsertInterceptor(Object , KeyEventArgs e, PolicyParams )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Views.MainView.NewState(Object v, KeyEventArgs reg)
   at System.Windows.Input.KeyEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawKeyboardActions actions, Int32 scanCode, Boolean isExtendedKey, Boolean isSystemKey, Int32 virtualKey)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ProcessKeyAction(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.CriticalTranslateAccelerator(MSG& msg, ModifierKeys modifiers)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage(Object param)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

20:53:08 Exception

• Like 1

The new Wall View looks great I've not looked at the xaml code yet to see what customizing control we get but it's definitely a much smoother experience than the original Wall View.

I did get a error come up when scrolling through, It happened when I reached the end of the games and there was only 1 game in that row, the name of the game was Ys III - Wanderers from Ys (USA).

Error code was the same as above once and another time I think it was '29'.

• Like 1

Since this update @y2guru option for cycling of image, gif and user defined videos freezes BigBox.

Also with HorizontalWheelCoverFactory the RotationAmount isn't working anymore.

When I open BigBox via LaunchBox hamburger.

(Inner Exception)

The process cannot access the file 'F:\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\NEC PC-8801.xml' because it is being used by another process.

App:     Big Box
Type:    System.IO.IOException
Site:    Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle ValidateFileHandle(Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
   at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.DataManager.InterruptGenericVal(String ident)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass33_0`2.<ForEachWorker>b__0(Int32 i)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass19_0`1.<ForWorker>b__1(RangeWorker& currentWorker, Int32 timeout, Boolean& replicationDelegateYieldedBeforeCompletion)
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw(Exception source)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass19_0`1.<ForWorker>b__1(RangeWorker& currentWorker, Int32 timeout, Boolean& replicationDelegateYieldedBeforeCompletion)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskReplicator.Replica`1.ExecuteAction(Boolean& yieldedBeforeCompletion)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskReplicator.Replica.Execute()

(Outer Exception)

One or more errors occurred. (The process cannot access the file 'F:\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\NEC PC-8801.xml' because it is being used by another process.)

App:     Big Box
Type:    System.AggregateException
Site:    Void Run[TState](ReplicatableUserAction`1, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, Boolean)
Source:  System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel

at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskReplicator.Run[TState](ReplicatableUserAction`1 action, ParallelOptions options, Boolean stopOnFirstFailure)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw(Exception source)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ThrowSingleCancellationExceptionOrOtherException(ICollection exceptions, CancellationToken cancelToken, Exception otherException)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](IList`1 list, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Action`3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func`4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func`5 bodyWithEverything, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](IEnumerable`1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Action`3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func`4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func`5 bodyWithEverything, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 body)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.DataManager.Load(Boolean settingsOnly, Boolean forceReloadAll)
   at CreatorAnnotation.InsertGenericStatus(Object , Boolean settingsOnly, Boolean forceReloadAll, CreatorAnnotation )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.DataManager..ctor(Boolean bare, Boolean settingsOnly)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.BigBoxProgram.Main()

Recent Log:

2:51:16 PM Exception

Edited by wallmachine

I always had problem with BigBox launching on a monitor based on screen index because the number (Screen 1, Screen 2, Screen 3...) can change if u turn on the monitors in different order, or use smart plug turns on monitors at the same time.

The workaround was to move the BigBox window with a hotkey via DisplayFusion, but now it's not even launching on the correct screen. It's set to Screen 1 at this time, but it keeps launching it on Screen 2 (bug #1). If I use the hotkey to move it, the Windows taskbar shows on top of BigBox. If I click on the BigBox icon on the taskbar, it moves back go Screen 1 (bug #2).

Besides from fixing these two new bugs, could you make it so LaunchBox/BigBox launches on a screen where mouse cursor is? A lot of games or programs already do this and I think it would be amazing.

14 hours ago, gaialily said:

My coverflow is now stuck with the front box, although I set it to 3d Boxes in the options. It was fine with the 11.9.

What theme are you using, and what option are you referring to? Want to make sure I'm testing the report correctly.

I'm having a directory problem on a local drive with BigBox after updating from version 11 to 11.10.

When I open Bigbox I get the following error message, it will also display a Similar error for thumbnail preview, default wheel view and so on. It dose this for all themes.

264476443_Errrorafterupdate.JPG.8527766293726b679f8a1d2f0a80fbce.thumb.JPG.4c6081be6997ab23ae7f3d7cff77bcf2.JPG

If I move my Lauchbox install folder 2 directories back from "E:\Emulators & Roms\1 Front end\LaunchBox" to "E:\LaunchBox" BigBox works with no problems at all!

THE PROBLEM is I get an error message stating launchbox can't find the file path for both the Emulator and rom after moving my Launchbox install folder to a new location. Windows games with executable files work with no problem. If I Remap an Emulator and rom after moving the Launchbox install folder they work no problem. But I can't remap all my games after years of work.

All of games and emulates are separated in folders by their Platform in my Emulators & Roms folder and are NOT stored within lunchbox itself.

Is there a way to fix the directory problem with BigBox or fix the file path problem after moving the launchbox install folder?

I have been using the same folder structure for launchbox for about 5 years with no problem.

Edited by GuroDragon

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

What theme are you using, and what option are you referring to? Want to make sure I'm testing the report correctly.

CriticalCid themes, or even the default theme, the coverflow stay with the front box.

Here are screenshot for the options. With the 11.9 I noticed that when I set in launchbox the image group to boxes, or 3d boxes, it affects the same in bigbox for the coverflow. Even if in bigbox I set this option to 3D boxes, if the launchbox option wasn't on 3D boxes, it didn't work.

Now even if I set the two on 3D boxes, it doesn't work.

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

3 minutes ago, gaialily said:

CriticalCid themes, or even the default theme, the coverflow stay with the front box.

Here are screenshot for the options. With the 11.9 I noticed that when I set in launchbox the image group to boxes, or 3d boxes, it affects the same in bigbox for the coverflow. Even if in bigbox I set this option to 3D boxes, if the launchbox option wasn't on 3D boxes, it didn't work.

Now even if I set the two on 3D boxes, it doesn't work.

Thanks for that. Lot of good information. I believe I may know what is causing that. I will take a look into it. Thanks again for the detailed report.

Those running into the index error when navigating the new WallView, could you PM me info on what theme you are running, what platform, and send me your data folder (zipped preferably) so I can use it for testing. Right now I'm unable to replicate on my system so having the additional information/resources would really help narrow down the issue.