LaunchBox Community Forums

11.10 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

On 3/5/2021 at 5:31 PM, bbweiners said:

Wall View doesn't allow me to launch my games! 

This will be corrected in next beta release. If you turn off "Skip GamesDetailView" in Options > General, you should be able to select play from there in the interim.

Changed theme and BigBox crashed.

Debug 2021-03-09 04-49-42 PM.log

16 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Regarding the points you bring up in your video. To make the rows clamp you would need to add a value to the "NavigationRows" (int) property, in your example I believe you want the value of 1.

For the increased sizing you would want to either set the "SelectedItemZPosition" (double) with a value that moves your item TOWARDS your camera (generally positive number), or set the "SelectedOffset" (Point3D) with the Z being a number towards your camera (generally positive number)

Thanks the NavigationRows worked, not sure if intended but if you go to the bottom first all the rows are slowly populating.

If "Rows" is set to a smaller value than the actual amount of rows it does some weird scrolling from when you are at the end of the list or go from top of list to bottom and if I've set a grid height/width it briefly shows the default BigBox empty boxart then switches to the set height/width I've set of the grid, so my temp solution was to set to Rows"10000" as no platform should have that many games in my setup lol

I wasn't able to get SelectedItemZPosition, SelectedOffset working

Edited by wallmachine

23 hours ago, C-Beats said:

One thing I failed to mention with the Z position tricks is that you must be using a perspective camera. Orthographic camera's can't tell the difference in Z position when looking at the Z axis.

I see, but then we lose the Width="" option or is something else available in normal coverFlow?

Is the below possible?

Trying to achieve:
image.thumb.png.3a1c5adaae3630a25821570d5185c4b7.png

What happens:
image.thumb.png.10ee1e2754bbd58c4222096e0b481fb3.png

On 3/11/2021 at 1:09 AM, C-Beats said:

Yeah, unfortunately that is because of the perspective camera. I have went ahead and built in a SelectedScale property to the FlowControl that you can utilize in the next beta release.

Awesome, guess this would help in normal coverFlow to get an equal distance between the clear logos for example?

Been trying to create just two rows but it seems it keeps centring it. I guess it makes sense but was wondering if still possible?

image.thumb.png.1d3230acfef1eea412f226589ef1a136.png

Edited by wallmachine

16 hours ago, wallmachine said:

Been trying to create just two rows but it seems it keeps cantering it. I guess it makes sense but was wondering if still possible?

Not really sure I follow what you are trying to do. In the example image are you scrolling up/down or left/right? Not sure I'm following what you mean when you say it's cantering.

22 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Not really sure I follow what you are trying to do. In the example image are you scrolling up/down or left/right? Not sure I'm following what you mean when you say it's cantering.

I would like to have two rows instead of three, when trying to achieve this it keeps putting half banners on top and on the bottom and leaves 1 centred row. At the moment you can only scroll anyway left/right/up/down is it possible to disable up/down?

whats happening:

image.png

expect result:

image.thumb.png.e3381d41ecda27d23d45a31937f6777d.png

Also, is it possible to start the SelectedScale to start from the BreakThru game (second in list or 1st, 2nd,3rd etc)?

unknown.png?width=1083&height=609

Edited by wallmachine

@wallmachine Could you send me your XAML file so I can see exactly what is going on. I have made some changes to code since last beta release that helps with extra rows not showing up, but feel this may be caused by something else.

At the moment SelectedScale is ONLY for the selected item, you can't scale up TO the selected item the way you are referring to

It seems that the "Force importing duplicate games" custom option feature is not working.  I tried many times to drag 300 files (Visual Pinball Tables) some with similar names like:

• Big Guns (Williams 1987) [FSS] [Morttis]
  • Big Guns (Williams 1987) [FSS] [Nick Christopher]

Every time I am getting only 279 games showing up.  I am not selecting the "Combine ROMS with matching titles into a single game" custom option and it is not combining the missing 21 games with any other ones.  They just do not import.

If I do select the "Combine ROMS with matching titles into a single game" custom option it does combine them and I can separate them after to get the 300 files I dragged.

Thanks in advance for taking a look into this.

Edited by Stevenoj

Did you still need the XAML files for the other one?

23 hours ago, C-Beats said:

At the moment SelectedScale is ONLY for the selected item, you can't scale up TO the selected item the way you are referring to

Here is an example to make it easier to understand, guess to block the up/down cycle would have to use HorizontalWheelCoverFactory

Edited by wallmachine

On 3/13/2021 at 4:36 PM, alondero said:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but the import game wizard in beta-3 is not honouring the games directory configuration for the platform (regardless of my setting it wants to move games to the Launchbox/Games directory)

This process wasn't changed in the beta. I DID notice the labels were not updated in the wizard but I am getting the files copied there.

31 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

This process wasn't changed in the beta. I DID notice the labels were not updated in the wizard but I am getting the files copied there.

Bingo! That was it, just tested now and whilst it said it was going to move it to my Launchbox folder it actually did move it to the folder I've configured. Looks like just the label needs updating.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:43 PM, wallmachine said:

Did you still need the XAML files for the other one?

Here is an example to make it easier to understand, guess to block the up/down cycle would have to use HorizontalWheelCoverFactory

I recognize you're going for a true NESICA reproduction, but for the record I do like the ability to go in any direction... making it a theme option would be a great value.

Hey all, beta 4 is out now with the following:

• Added a new FlowVideo control so that you can add Video elements to a FlowContext (FlowControl) - shown working in the Default theme's WallView2

• Added a new FlowBadge control so that you can add badges to a FlowContext (FlowControl) - shown working in the Default theme's WallView3

• Added a SelectedScale property to FlowControl so that you can scale the selected item

• Addressed several issues related to holding navigation buttons down in the wall views

• Corrected various animation issues when scrolling the wall views

• Corrected an issue where game details information wouldn't populate when first entering wall views

• Corrected issue that would make playing a game via the new wall views impossible when skipping GamesDetailView

• Corrected a rare data issue that could cause corrupted playlists to throw errors on LaunchBox startup

• Corrected an issue that would cause LaunchBox to error when importing ROM file names that end with "Disk" without a disk number

• Corrected reported issues of the FlowControl drawing more rows than set in the binding

• Corrected issue where clicking on Big Box with a mouse after being alt-tabbed would crash Big Box (newly introduced in these betas)

This is a big one. Essentially we've added the ability to put videos and badges into the wheels, CoverFlow, and new wall views. As with the other betas for this version, there has been some major restructuring and major development, so we definitely need some heavy testing. :)

• Like 8