LaunchBox Community Forums

11.10 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Beta 8 is out now with the following:

• Many different stability fixes for the updated wheel/CoverFlow/wall views
  • Fixes for minor graphical errors in the templates used in wall view 2 and 3
  • The MS-DOS import wizard no longer shows games that had no startup files found, which were causing the process to error out
  • Dragging and dropping MAME ROMs was not letting you specify the MAME filters that you want; however, the MAME full-set importer is still highly recommended over any other method
  • Fix for a potential error when using a FlowImage in platform wheels
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@RULLUR @Olivia232425 Did the errors you were reporting get resolved in this last push?

Still loading up incomplete

UPDATE: Beta 8 seemed to help the issue, but still have much to scroll through and see if it doesn't show up blank like before.

UPDATE: 

image.thumb.png.5a5270982f62e6236ef662b1994768d7.png

I guess it didn't fix it after all

Edited by RULLUR

14 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Still loading up incomplete

UPDATE: Beta 8 seemed to help the issue, but still have much to scroll through and see if it doesn't show up blank like before.

UPDATE: 

image.thumb.png.5a5270982f62e6236ef662b1994768d7.png

I guess it didn't fix it after all

When you see this if you don't push anything and wait a few seconds do the images show or no?

10 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

It's pretty random. Nothing consistent I can find yet.

If willing, could you turn on debug logging and try to reproduce it. When it happens then close out of Big Box and PM me the most recent log file in the \\Launchbox\Logs\ folder. I'll see if there anything I can use in there to see what may be happening.

3 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

If willing, could you turn on debug logging and try to reproduce it. When it happens then close out of Big Box and PM me the most recent log file in the \\Launchbox\Logs\ folder. I'll see if there anything I can use in there to see what may be happening.

I can, hopefully today. Where do I turn on debug?

7 hours ago, C-Beats said:

When you see this if you don't push anything and wait a few seconds do the images show or no?

Sometimes, but doesn't do the whole list. Like I may get less than 10 or so that come up finally, and then when I scroll again I come up seeing more blanks. It even does this for games without Clear Logos too. All I know is if I back out to Platforms and return is when it seems to load the list up a bit faster even though still it has those blanks when I scroll for a bit

Edited by RULLUR

I Suddenly have an issue with 11.10 beta 8 where the Launch-Box instance wont close on exiting the application. the task just continues to run in the background preventing me from being able to relaunch the application, If I kill the task in task manager, it relaunches fine, but then the same issue returns again after I exit... cannot relaunch.. nothing changed in my setups and have been updating without issues prior...

EDIT; Issue resolved. was not related to beta. there was an extra file copied by error into the data folder and it caused the application not to shutdown. 

Edited by MazJohn [Mr Arcade]

Beta 9 is out now with the following:

• Emulator default script improvements thanks to @Retro808 that should prevent some emulators from having issues saving states on exit (when using the button combo)
  • FlowTemplate VerticalWheel property issue fix
  • Fix for rare error on right-click in LaunchBox
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@RULLUR What happens if you clear your image cache in Big Box? Do they start populating correctly then?

I tried that in previous Betas to think that would help, and even force populated in BigBox too, but nothing improved it. I have yet to Install Beta 9 to tell you if anything got better about that issue either, but will give you an update when I can

UPDATE: So it turns out that even in Beta 9 I'm having the same issue, and seems even when I scroll back up the list is when some titles don't show up until I either wait a while or back out and go back in. I'm also experiencing time now where some of the list showed, so I back out and go back in to think it will make everything load the list correctly, but instead the whole list ends up being one blank area that even games with no Clear Logos in plain texts don't show their name in the list. I'm also having times when I scroll and instead of it showing some blanks on the end, I now have times where some at the bottom will be there, but like one title comes up blank, and I don't think it has to have a Clear Logo or plain text to glitch that way, but it just does

Edited by RULLUR