LaunchBox Community Forums

11.10 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

This isn't something that was introduced in the beta build. Would you create a new thread for the issue. Also if you have not already please create a BitBucket ticket for this as it is FAR easier to keep track of there. We don't want to lose your report in the shuffle of the forums.

That's interesting because one (launching on the correct screen) of the two bugs got fixed in Beta 2. BigBox still returns to the original screen if it is moved to another screen when it becomes active (from alt-tab). This was introduced in Beta 1. It never did this before, I guarantee.

My computer stayed on 24/7 and no monitor setups were changed between Beta 1 and 2. I downloaded Beta 2 last night and I noticed it now launches on the proper screen, though the issue mentioned is still here.

I posted here because the bugs were introduced in Beta 1. The suggestion was just an extension of what can be done better regarding the screen options. I'll create a ticket for it. Thanks.

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@bbweiners @damageinc86 What view are using in BannerBox that you are seeing the issue with the clear logos?

I'm not sure what it is called.  But it's whatever the standard bannerbox view that shows banners for everything.  I know it's not wall, or text list though.  It would be nice if bigbox showed some text when you switched views using the TAB key like "horizontalblabla", or "wallviewblabla" so you knew which view you were in right when you switched to it.

Edited by damageinc86

I found a couple more bugs with the wallview --

- If you're in Bigbox and select genre's, collections or anything that isn't platforms, all the games are in a random, non alphabetical order.

- When you open a platform, genre, collection, etc.. in Bigbox, videos won't start playing until you select a different game.

7 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Log reads that you have a missing sound file. Not sure this is related to beta at this point.

I've always had that message, because I've only had these three files and not the startup sound. The crashing happens when I go from Menu to Platform almost right after opening BigBox. I'll capture a video. Let me know if you want another thread.

image.png.661f9c1c35462c63bfb09bc5da95cfb5.png

Event Viewer:

image.png.977163574266ead5ea3b899383ccce2d.png

image.png.0854c52bcda8b8f34369d206d349388e.png

Edited by wallmachine

Does the beta fix the issue with G29/G920 controls? When I set up the controller in BB or LB, it appears to have a sticky down key and become unusable. The only way I can get it work is to exit and disable the controller, which isn't good as its my arcade cabinet.

If it's not listed as a correction in the posts Jason makes that list what we have touched the answer is "likely not". I've not heard of this issue before, and I don't believe we have touched any input code on this beta, so I would assume that it still would act the same as the current version.

Just now, Krakatoa said:

, it appears to have a sticky down key and become unusable.

Thats because technically when you not pressing the pedals is actually the axis in the dead centre (so equivalent to you holding the trigger or analogue stick on a controller halfway down at all times) so actually half pressed, then pressing down is one way and letting up is another on the axis.

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Thats because technically when you not pressing the pedals is actually the axis in the dead centre (so equivalent to you holding the trigger or analogue stick on a controller halfway down at all times) so actually half pressed, then pressing down is one way and letting up is another on the axis.

Thanks, So is there a work around?

Beta 3 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: The initial Add Games window that shows up for new users has been overhauled with all of the new import options

• Fix for custom images not drawing correctly

• Fix for sorting order incorrect

• FlowControl's "GameContext" was changed to "FlowContext" since it can be for a game or a platform

• FlowImage now has Stretch and StretchDirection properties

• Wheel views can now use the new controls

We also have functionality working for putting videos and/or Badge images inside of the wall view items (and in theory wheel or CoverFlow items as well), but we're still fixing a few bugs with those, so that will be in a beta next week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 3 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: The initial Add Games window that shows up for new users has been overhauled with all of the new import options

• Fix for custom images not drawing correctly

• Fix for sorting order incorrect

• FlowControl's "GameContext" was changed to "FlowContext" since it can be for a game or a platform

• FlowImage now has Stretch and StretchDirection properties

• Wheel views can now use the new controls

We also have functionality working for putting videos and/or Badge images inside of the wall view items (and in theory wheel or CoverFlow items as well), but we're still fixing a few bugs with those, so that will be in a beta next week.

Fix for sorting order works for the Wall View, but not Horizontal Wheel Views.

Wall View doesn't seem to respect "Rows Integer" For instance if you give rows a value of 2, it will still draw more than 2 rows. It will also act really weird with the way it animates/draws it.

Wall View videos for games won't start playing until you select a game other than the first in your collection.

Wall View doesn't allow me to launch my games! 

• Like 1

changing the BorderThickness in FlowContext changes the image size if the border is inside a grid.

Is it possible to have FlowControl.Camera always centre of whatever its in such as grid etc as changing decimal points on one property you have to change on all of the camera properties for it to be centre again.

Issues and questions about wallview:

Edited by wallmachine

On 3/5/2021 at 5:31 PM, bbweiners said:

Wall View doesn't seem to respect "Rows Integer" For instance if you give rows a value of 2, it will still draw more than 2 rows. It will also act really weird with the way it animates/draws it.

Do you have an example of how you have your XAML set up where you are seeing this?

On 3/5/2021 at 8:26 PM, wallmachine said:

Issues and questions about wallview

Regarding the points you bring up in your video. To make the rows clamp you would need to add a value to the "NavigationRows" (int) property, in your example I believe you want the value of 1.

For the increased sizing you would want to either set the "SelectedItemZPosition" (double) with a value that moves your item TOWARDS your camera (generally positive number), or set the "SelectedOffset" (Point3D) with the Z being a number towards your camera (generally positive number)

22 hours ago, MazeGuardian said:

Platform Fanart and Game Fanart - Background don't work on Big Box wall views using default theme, just get black background come up instead.

Are you changing the theme to do this? The default WallViews in Big Box don' have a background image set and is always black.

16 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Are you changing the theme to do this? The default WallViews in Big Box don' have a background image set and is always black.

Hi, no I was not changing the theme, I was just going through all the views in the default theme and noticed that no background images came up on the wallviews and thought it was a bug.

Just now, MazeGuardian said:

Hi, no I was not changing the theme, I was just going through all the views in the default theme and noticed that no background images came up on the wallviews and thought it was a bug.

Nope that's intended for right now. Do it that way because the other images may make the Wall Items blend in or harder to see.