LaunchBox Community Forums

11.10 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

5 hours ago, wallmachine said:

Not sure what Rows is supposed to do only see changes when value 0

Rows is the number of rows to display in the FlowControl. If you have a CoverFactory set it will override anything you set in Rows though.

2 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

Things are looking good thus far!

Is there a way to stretch the FlowContext(FlowControl) video so it takes up the entire space it is covering?

Thanks!

FlowVideo has a "StretchVideo" property that should make it fill the space it covers

I'm not sure if this constitutes as a bug/issue or not, but when I used Windows Media Player instead of VLC, the navigation in the new WallView while using FlowVideo was very choppy, would pause and eventually crash BigBox.

I know this is a big revamp you guys are working on, and you're doing a great job!

16 hours ago, bbweiners said:

I'm not sure if this constitutes as a bug/issue or not, but when I used Windows Media Player instead of VLC, the navigation in the new WallView while using FlowVideo was very choppy, would pause and eventually crash BigBox.

I know this is a big revamp you guys are working on, and you're doing a great job!

Did you get a hard crash with error report? If so is there anyway you could try to replicate and post the error you are seeing? Also what theme / view were you using when you had the issue?

Got this error in big box while using the jump to letter function. Happens if you hold the arrow key left or right while using a keyboard to go through the letters. does not happen if I just press the arrow keys.

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.10-beta-4
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void ThrowInvalidOperationException_InvalidOperation_EnumFailedVersion()
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.FlowControl.ReadMetaValue(Int32 identamount)
   at ParameterReader.AddDrivenProduct(Object , Int32 value, ParameterReader )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.FlowControl.SelectIndex(Int32 index)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.CoverFlowWithDetailsGamesViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass59_0.AssetContext(Object , Int32 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.CoverFlowWithDetailsGamesViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass59_0.CancelCollection()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.ChangeDrivenStruct(Object , Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.CoverFlowWithDetailsGamesViewModel.DefineConsumer(Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.CoverFlowWithDetailsGamesViewModel.UpdateProducer(Object ident, SelectedItemChangedEventArgs ord)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.CoverFlowWithDetailsGamesViewModel.set_SelectedIndex(PropertyChangedBase value)
   at ListenerStrategy.PostDescriptor(Object , PropertyChangedBase value, ListenerStrategy )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.CoverFlowWithDetailsGamesViewModel.OnRight(Boolean held, Boolean onlyRightPressed)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.CreatePage(Object , Boolean , Boolean )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnRightHeld(Boolean onlyRightPressed)
   at MockExporter.PostDescriptor(Object , Boolean value, MockExporter )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.HandleKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at IssuerStrategy.PostDescriptor(Object , KeyEventArgs e, IssuerStrategy )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Views.MainView.ExcludeReader(Object def, KeyEventArgs selection)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ProcessKeyAction(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.CriticalTranslateAccelerator(MSG& msg, ModifierKeys modifiers)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage(Object param)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

21:12:41 Exception

Edited by MazeGuardian

I receive this error when disabling the Start Screen using any WallView in the Default theme, after I exit a game --

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.10-beta-4
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.Game (System.Object)
Source:  BigBox

at (Object )
   at MappingStrategy.PostDescriptor(Object , MappingStrategy )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.GamesViewModelBase.RefreshGame()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.RunRules(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnActivated()
   at ProductStrategy.PostDescriptor(Object , ProductStrategy )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Views.MainView.ConnectReader(Object key, EventArgs ivk)
   at System.Windows.Window.OnActivated(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Window.HandleActivate(Boolean windowActivated)
   at System.Windows.Window.WmActivate(IntPtr wParam)
   at System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

3:56:48 PM Exception

Edited by bbweiners
I left info out.

As a follow up to the above post of mine, if you have Start Screens enabled you don't receive an error. But, it takes a while to launch the Start Screen and you see some resizing of things while it happens. This is again while using WallView2 in the Default theme.

wallview properties being used in horizontalwheel is extremely laggy and always loads text of game first then boxart, if I left it long enough eventually the boxart would load.

memory leak? if  leave BigBox opened it just keeps climbing.

image.thumb.png.5729c9038a0c7db688317677cc6da33d.png

Edited by wallmachine

I've been having yet again issues where the Clear Logos don't load up in the game list on BigBox. Seems also when I Download Metadata and Media in bulk I get stuff from the wrong Region, and then some game titles I have of the same name from another Region either lose all artwork too. I at times have even gone into the Games DB just to see if all things match to their correct Region, and even to find out they are set right, they still don't give me the proper artwork all the way. I've tried to refresh and force populate images within BigBox, and even deleted everything in the Cache BB folder, but still the Clear Logos don't load up the list properly unless I back out to the Platforms list and re-enter, but even then they all don't load up to where I scroll down and have to back out and in just so they show up. Not sure what happened though, but also the other day I ran BigBox and my ThinkCentre twice acted like I was logging out or putting it in sleep mode as I quickly saw a blue screen and some white dots circling before the screen went black. So I don't know whatever that was probably even screwed things up because after it stopped acting like it wanted to sleep is when my Clear Logos didn't show up all the way in the games list on BigBox.

On 3/19/2021 at 5:16 PM, MazeGuardian said:

Got this error in big box while using the jump to letter function. Happens if you hold the arrow key left or right while using a keyboard to go through the letters. does not happen if I just press the arrow keys.

Thanks for this. I was able to replicate and will get a fix put in for it.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 4:59 PM, bbweiners said:

I receive this error when disabling the Start Screen using any WallView in the Default theme, after I exit a game.

Nice catch. Was able to replicate and will get it taken care of.

On 3/21/2021 at 3:04 AM, wallmachine said:

wallview properties being used in horizontalwheel is extremely laggy and always loads text of game first then boxart, if I left it long enough eventually the boxart would load.

Text is always done pretty immediate. FlowImages follow the following process "flow": Check if image cached, if not build cache item, load cache. If it has to build the cache item the load process can take a second to complete. If you entering a platform that doesn't have ANY cache items it can take a bit for the cache process to cache everything and load it.

The other views did NOT have the same dispose logic in them as WallView which could have affected memory usage. That has been corrected for the next release.

Beta 5 is out now with the following:

• Improved endless navigation in the new wall views
  • Improved scrolling performance with the new wall views
  • Corrected error when quickly scrolling through the search index
  • Corrected error when returning to Big Box after launching a game through the wall views
  • Improved the disposing of the FlowImage and FlowVideo controls
  • Improved image caching logic and performance
  • Fixed an issue where the FlowContext and FlowImage combination wasn't working correctly in platform wheel views
  • Fixed an issue with scrolling when viewing manuals in Big Box

We're doing more performance and memory testing with the upgraded wheels, CoverFlow and new wall views. Planning on spending this week focusing on bugfixes and performance improvements, and then hopefully we can put the official release out next week.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Beta 6 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: LaunchBox now utilizes a newer SSO form for the Epic Games login which should fix the issue with endless CAPCHAs

• Improvement: LaunchBox now has the ability to log out of Epic Games in the Options menu

• Fixed: Corrected an issue where LaunchBox would throw errors looking for an Epic Games Launcher installation

• Fixed: Potential error when trying to use a FlowImage in a platform view

• Improvement: Improved logic regarding when and how resources are released

We're still hoping to put out the official release next week, but we're still in the process of tracking down a stability issue that was introduced in the previous changes.

• Like 7

Issues using WallView with FlowVideo. (Default theme, Wall2GamesView)

1. Slow to launch games.

2. The startup screen shifts around some when it's starting a game.

3. When you navigate the animation looks strange, like it's resizing rows.

If you disable FlowVideo, all the above issues go away.