LaunchBox Community Forums

11.10 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Sorry, I know that this is a beta debug post but I am lost with all new terminology  Flow,Wall etc and I think I am not the only one.

Could there be a simple tutorial explaining these things with some screenshots along?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Wally said:

Sorry, I know that this is a beta debug post but I am lost with all new terminology  Flow,Wall etc and I think I am not the only one.

Could there be a simple tutorial explaining these things with some screenshots along?

Thank you

All that is to do with coding a theme. So not sure if there will be a simple tutorial done on coding. FlowVideo is a control the devs put in for better video control when creating a theme. WallView is just one of the different view types a creator can design in the theme.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wally said:

Thank you

There probably won't be a tutorial made, but I do plan on updating the documentation we have to explain what all the controls/bindings are

• Like 1

he new wall look looks great. I haven't looked at the xaml code yet to see what kind of controls we're getting, but it's definitely a much smoother experience than the original wall view.

I was actually getting an error while scrolling. It happened when I got to the end of the games and there was only 1 game in that line, the name of the game was Ys III - Wanderers from Ys (USA).

One time the error code was the same as above, and another time I think it was "29". The error persisted even when connecting via "computer monitoring software"

hmm, I also got an error while scrolling. Have you already found possible solutions? maybe the indexing problem

On 3/28/2021 at 11:35 PM, bbweiners said:

Issues using WallView with FlowVideo. (Default theme, Wall2GamesView)

1. Slow to launch games.

2. The startup screen shifts around some when it's starting a game.

3. When you navigate the animation looks strange, like it's resizing rows.

If you disable FlowVideo, all the above issues go away.

I messed around with this a bit last night. The first two issues don't happen with all emulators. RPCS3, PCSX2 and Cemu are all fine. Retroarch and Dolphin are not.

Issue three seems to happen regardless when navigating, which makes sense. 

Beta 7 is out now with a bunch of fixes and stability improvements. We've been going to town so we didn't keep track of them all. Please let us know if you run into any issues with this beta. We'll be going back through this thread here shortly as well to make sure that everything is covered.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bbweiners said:

I messed around with this a bit last night. The first two issues don't happen with all emulators. RPCS3, PCSX2 and Cemu are all fine. Retroarch and Dolphin are not.

Issue three seems to happen regardless when navigating, which makes sense. 

On 3/28/2021 at 11:35 PM, bbweiners said:

Issues using WallView with FlowVideo. (Default theme, Wall2GamesView)

1. Slow to launch games.

2. The startup screen shifts around some when it's starting a game.

3. When you navigate the animation looks strange, like it's resizing rows.

If you disable FlowVideo, all the above issues go away.

Issues 1 & 2 seem to be fixed.

Issue 3 still happens.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:09 PM, Jason Carr said:

New Premium Feature: There are now 4 different Big Box wall views that are available for theme developers

On 3/10/2021 at 7:37 AM, wallmachine said:

Trying to achieve:
image.thumb.png.3a1c5adaae3630a25821570d5185c4b7.png

What happens:
image.thumb.png.10ee1e2754bbd58c4222096e0b481fb3.png

On 3/29/2021 at 3:14 PM, Dan Patrick said:

Awesome to hear about wall view improvements! That's been a wish of mine for a while! Thanks Jason for your hard work! 

I share the same sentiments as Dan! This looks to be a huge UI upgrade so thank you! So judging by what @wallmachine showed above, does that mean we are beginning to get 2D grid wall view options akin to what gameOS has in Pegasus frontend (see below)? ?

Edited by Hifihedgehog

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

@Hifihedgehog some of the features in that video are possible in this beta. Things like the grid where the video play after mouse over (see Default Theme - Wall View 2) are working in this beta.

Wow, cool! Now that NVIDIA has enabled GPU passthrough in their latest driver, I might try beta testing this in a VM on my main arcade rig.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@bbweiners Could you elaborate a bit about the animation thing you are reporting? Want to make sure I understand what is going on.

It's only happening when FlowVideo is enabled. If you navigate up and down fast, you can see the rows sometimes shift around. Like they're spreading apart vertically.

Just now, bbweiners said:

It's only happening when FlowVideo is enabled. If you navigate up and down fast, you can see the rows sometimes shift around. Like they're spreading apart vertically.

Also, one more thing I noticed is sometimes when you exit a game the FlowVideo won't start playing again.

@bbweiners I'm not having that problem on my end, but I admit we have had several corrections to the code since the beta 6 release. @Jason Carr plans on releasing another beta today. Would it be possible for you to verify you still have the issue after that is released? Also just so I can confirm, is this happening to you while using WMP or VLC as your video backend (or both)?

3 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@bbweiners I'm not having that problem on my end, but I admit we have had several corrections to the code since the beta 6 release. @Jason Carr plans on releasing another beta today. Would it be possible for you to verify you still have the issue after that is released? Also just so I can confirm, is this happening to you while using WMP or VLC as your video backend (or both)?

I've only tried with VLC.

I'll do what I can to verify it.