LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

On 12/15/2021 at 3:25 PM, rubenjavier said:

yeah, pretty sure, it didnt allowme to download until I configured my Emumovies account, the test connection with Emumovies was ok, and the app even looks like its downloading, but nothing shows up in the LaunchBox folder,  and no videos are played as result. The logs actualy says it finished downloading the media, but the xml shows the boolean for video downloaded as false.

Im thinking that maybe its something  with my folder location (inside the Android/data/appfolder/files ), but the images do downloaded correctly (with the stable version)

I don't think the folder location should matter, but I also don't really know what you're running into. If you can run enable debug logs in the options and then run a media download, we can look at the log file to see what might be happening. You can attach the latest log file here (from the LaunchBox\Logs folder).

@thewhite I'll take a look at the exporter code. I believe I tested that successfully though, so I'm not sure how the lines would have been crossed there.

10 hours ago, theekinghumpy said:

I am having an issue that when I choose a game I can still hear the sounds of the game videos in the background. Anyone have this issue?

Do you mean while playing the game?

2 hours ago, thewhite said:

I don't know if we are talking about the same issue, but if i turn off the phone screen, and open it again, i hear sound but the video are black. I need to restart launchbox to get video.

Good to know; I'll look into this.

4 hours ago, Goodmango said:

Yes, of course it can be done. It's on our list. I'm on vacation currently though, so it will be a bit before I'm back tackling new things for the Android version.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, of course it can be done. It's on our list. I'm on vacation currently though, so it will be a bit before I'm back tackling new things for the Android version.

Great to hear 😊. That's means you will add the support for all emulators that's using scoped storage like PPSSPP and mupen64.

14 hours ago, timeslip1974 said:

I second the videos continuing to play in the background once the game has launched - only way around it currently is to change the theme with no video playing

Enable developer settings and turn on don't keep activities. It will close your apps on exit but it works

Tried LB on Android (Shield TV) and love it. Made the mistake of storing roms on internal storage though and would like to move to an external SD card. Is this possible for Android without having to re-import all games? I don't see a file path option.

Edited by Thornback

You need to move manually all your data from your phone to the sd card and in launchbox on phone, go to option -> data folder.

Before move it, go to this option and see if it see your sd card by choosing parent folder few times, if you see 2 times /storage/ in the root, it means it see your phone and sd card.

36 minutes ago, Goodmango said:

Now there are three front end apps that updated to launch aethersx2 , PPSSPP and mupen64 games. Only launch box needs to update. I wish it is updating soon 

And i'm sure it will be, but it is the holidays, so a little patience may be required.

I got a problem when exporting game with video. If the video are in "Recordings" folder, they are not exported, so i need to move it to the main folder video.

Also, the option are not saved, i choose a different language or do not download missing media, but it back on when i return in launchbox.

Other things, i created a platforms "Sega genesis hack" for modified roms and i add a custom banner for this but it's not exported as the banner folder are not accessible/hidden on android. Is it possible to move the folder in the exported folder?

Edited by thewhite

On 12/27/2021 at 8:22 PM, thewhite said:

I got a problem when exporting game with video. If the video are in "Recordings" folder, they are not exported, so i need to move it to the main folder video.

Also, the option are not saved, i choose a different language or do not download missing media, but it back on when i return in launchbox.

Other things, i created a platforms "Sega genesis hack" for modified roms and i add a custom banner for this but it's not exported as the banner folder are not accessible/hidden on android. Is it possible to move the folder in the exported folder?

We have a fix for this coming very soon (in the next Windows beta).

On 1/2/2022 at 4:15 PM, angerman said:

Can I install this on chromecast android tv 10 ????

regards 

Piotr

To be honest, I'm not sure. Probably worth a shot. :)