LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

I don't know why but I'm having a lot of crashes,where I never used to.sometimes it takes forever just to get 1game box to uploaded then other times it's really fast.also certain console art does not show up (turbo grafx cd and wonderswan color banners).when it works its great but just having some issues.something I thought would be a good idea is to allow launchbox to only search for certain files like just uploading the .cue for cd based consoles to make uploading those a little faster maybe.

7 minutes ago, Eiji4653 said:

.something I thought would be a good idea is to allow launchbox to only search for certain files like just uploading the .cue for cd based consoles to make uploading those a little faster maybe.

I'm not sure i understand what you mean here, nothing is uploaded in the sense that your statement implies, and no games that have a cue and bin will work with just the cue. Maybe you can elaborate a little more on what you mean?

As to errors with imports @Jason Carr i had none on my phone at all on beta 1, but i did also now sideload it to my kindle fire tablet, and on adding platforms there no media is downloaded, it speeds through the actual import though (cause there is zero media being downloaded). Ill sideload beta 2 tonight or tomorrow and see if thats any different.

3 hours ago, Eiji4653 said:

I don't know why but I'm having a lot of crashes,where I never used to.sometimes it takes forever just to get 1game box to uploaded then other times it's really fast.also certain console art does not show up (turbo grafx cd and wonderswan color banners).when it works its great but just having some issues.something I thought would be a good idea is to allow launchbox to only search for certain files like just uploading the .cue for cd based consoles to make uploading those a little faster maybe.

Please share the log files from the Logs folder so that we can investigate the issues.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I'm not sure i understand what you mean here, nothing is uploaded in the sense that your statement implies, and no games that have a cue and bin will work with just the cue. Maybe you can elaborate a little more on what you mean?

As to errors with imports @Jason Carr i had none on my phone at all on beta 1, but i did also now sideload it to my kindle fire tablet, and on adding platforms there no media is downloaded, it speeds through the actual import though (cause there is zero media being downloaded). Ill sideload beta 2 tonight or tomorrow and see if thats any different.

The import process was changed to be this way on purpose. It now should download media as needed, and there is an option to download all missing media from the drop down menu inside of platforms.

52 minutes ago, cleverest said:

I just started testing the new Android build..looks nicer...is the image downloading supposed to be so glacially slow? I was waiting many minutes and still in the first several Nintendo games (letter A, got up to Alien 3 only)

Are you using the option to download all missing media?

Sadly, i'm not a tester, but i have a question;
Do you plan to have a option to export data from the windows launchbox?
EX: Choosing which console we want to export for android and copy/paste the output data to the android trought the usb.

I have done a lot of manual operation for the windows (add or fix front box, add video for all games that was missing).

18 minutes ago, thewhite said:

Sadly, i'm not a tester, but i have a question;
Do you plan to have a option to export data from the windows launchbox?
EX: Choosing which console we want to export for android and copy/paste the output data to the android trought the usb.

I have done a lot of manual operation for the windows (add or fix front box, add video for all games that was missing).

Hi @thewhite. The short answer is yes.

You'll also find your answer here in this thread: 

Beta 3 is out now with a fix for an issue that caused platforms to disappear on rare occasions. So beta 3 is an important update.

This also gives us an opportunity to test the auto-updates system. You should be prompted to update when the app is started up. Please let me know how the update process goes.

19 hours ago, cleverest said:

@Jason Carr

No, I was downloading all the media for that platform alone via the menu on the top. I only tried NES so far...

Okay. Performance should be pretty much on par with the desktop version as far as download speeds, but of course it depends on the network. Less media is downloaded than on the desktop, but we are now downloading more media than we used to in order to support all the new views.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Nora said:

Doesn’t even get past the initial splash screen on my Vankyo S21. Any suggestions

Can you explain exactly what's happening? Did any of the previous betas work?

On 8/14/2021 at 1:02 PM, triggerthehorizon said:

Working well so far on my Nvidia Shield! Imported 2 systems, about 700 games worth and it was a breeze.

Is there a way to use my own artwork if I already have 3D boxes, videos, clear logos and carts for everything?

We're bringing back the Android export process in the desktop app. Once that is out, you'll be able to do that.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

We're bringing back the Android export process in the desktop app. Once that is out, you'll be able to do that.

it doesn’t even intiize. like the logo that says launch box is stuck there. the last google play release works fine however

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks Jason, does the artwork need to follow the same nomenclature as what Launchbox is looking for on the desktop version? All my image files have the same name as my rom but they are divided into folders: box3d/cart3d/video etc...

Hey all, beta 4 of the Android app is out now with a fix for missing metadata in some situations. Also, a new desktop beta just came out with the Export to Android process back and updated, so you can now use that to export your desktop collection to your Android device. Any testing that you guys can do with that process would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, Nora said:

it doesn’t even intiize. like the logo that says launch box is stuck there. the last google play release works fine however

I will send you an email with a link to the latest beta so you can test with the latest to see if it fixes the issue.

2 hours ago, triggerthehorizon said:

Thanks Jason, does the artwork need to follow the same nomenclature as what Launchbox is looking for on the desktop version? All my image files have the same name as my rom but they are divided into folders: box3d/cart3d/video etc...

The best option would be to use the export process added to the beta I just put out. I'm honestly not certain how flexible the Android app would be with custom folders like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

I will send you an email with a link to the latest beta so you can test with the latest to see if it fixes the issue.

nope but now is displaying a read only file system error

32DA227C-388E-4400-9651-FA6549D37CB5.jpeg

8EA9F590-6DCB-40C0-BCBC-76F1DDAE306C.jpeg

• Like 1