LaunchBox Community Forums

Searching for metadata on Emumovies takes way too long?.

ModerateNOOB

Reason for posting this is that in the past 5 days it has taken around 5 minutes for a launchbox search to find the data on Emumovies, Downloading is swift but it shouldnt take so long to complete a search (A bit annoying in the long run).

Pretty uncertain if it's Launchbox or Emumovies with the server problem?. Would be nice if there was something that could be done about it.

Still the Same, And it apparently only gets worse. Today mostly 5-7 minutes of Querying Emumovies, occasionally up to 8-9 minutes.

Would any of the support staff please address this to Jason, I haven't heard from him since i wrote to him 3 days ago.

Something with the net-neutrality, Or is it simply just the server that needs updating.

I would really appreciate if this was addressed (THANK'S)😉

2 hours ago, ModerateNOOB said:

Still the Same, And it apparently only gets worse. Today mostly 5-7 minutes of Querying Emumovies, occasionally up to 8-9 minutes.

Would any of the support staff please address this to Jason, I haven't heard from him since i wrote to him 3 days ago.

Something with the net-neutrality, Or is it simply just the server that needs updating.

I would really appreciate if this was addressed (THANK'S)😉

The 2 devs are aware. Please keep in mind they are constantly working on their normal development and looking into the issues reported. They do not always respond to all posts. We understand the importance of things working smoothly and do not discount any issues any user(s) may experience, but please have patience and allow them to dedicate their time to their work.

Nothing has changed regarding EmuMovies search or download in the code. Their servers do tend to get bogged down and slow, which is why they are (or were last I knew) working on improving their servers and API. We added the cancel buttons to all EmuMovies processes because we realize that it happens more regularly than we'd like and wanted to give users ways of skipping that lengthy process should they want. Unfortunately we really can't do much more at this time as the delay is caused by EmuMovies servers taking so long to respond to the API calls we have to make.

I wanted to give my input on this as well.  It appears that the link to EmuMovies from Lunchbox is extremely slow for me on any update or addition. Eventually I get an error box where all the lines have "The operation timed out."

Navigating to their website I can download at normal speeds.  The FTP seems to work for downloading but I get a bad certificate when I connect. 

I realize the issue is not on the Launchbox side in this case, but could it be possible to consider a timeout option with a retry later menu item that re-runs any failed jobs the user said "save for later" to?  You could set it up to only look during off-peak hours from the user's time frame or something.  Just a thought.

Edit:
I also posted on the Emumovies forum - not sure how often that gets looked at :)

Edited by Gaming.Zone