LaunchBox Community Forums

13.2 Beta Thread

faeran

9 hours ago, KM_Zero said:

Hey guys. I hope Im in the right spot. I left a comment on the YouTube video for the 13.2 update and was advised to reach out on the forums. Basically my issue is that the other day I opened my launchbox to tinker with some stuff and was specifically look at my gba games. I was looking at Metroid Zero Mission and it showed the achievement list on launchbox. Immediately after that I got the notification to download the latest version which I did. Once it was finished now a lot of my games are showing that there are no achievements on the launchbox program which is unfortunate but they still show up correctly when I launch the game in Retroarch. Its not a big deal per say but I liked being able to view the achievement lists for games before launching them. 

What file format is your rom in?

8 hours ago, C-Beats said:

What file format is your rom in?

So specifically for Gameboy Advance i have always used them as zip files. The other weird thing is that before the update, Launchbox was showing me the achievements for all gba games but afterwards only some of them will show. I haven't made any changes to anything. Again though all games will show the achievement list when I actually launch them but it just doesnt show it the launchbox menu anymore. Just weird

On 2/28/2023 at 8:34 PM, kingspoons said:

Is there a way to disable the RetroAchievements hashing? The way it worked before was actually a really useful way of finding out if achievements had been added to one of your games, if you didn't have the right ROM.

The way it works now, you'd basically only find out there were achievements for that game if you actively browse the RetroAchievements site, unless you happen to have the exact right ROM to begin with. It was just a bit easier before! :D

Just hoping to bump this a bit, as I posted it when I didn't have an account, so not sure if it showed for anyone! :D Hope someone has the answer :)

If you guys have a chance, for the last few updates the Launchbox behavior when creating a new platform changed wherein created a new platform didn't assign is a default parent of Root (there are no parents at all) meaning that for users like me who use Platform Category as our default view never see the new platform and have to change our views to platform to find the new platform we added, right click it and assign it a parent, even Root.

If that behavior could be corrected to default to root as a parent, that would be awesome to avoid requiring users to change their views to hunt for their missing platforms.

i love the start up application function. i thought it would be great if we have an end function as well. for example, closing launchbox could run an app to set the screens DPI to something above 100 since alot of games and marquee plug ins have issues with high dpi

15 hours ago, mcfilmmakers said:

If you guys have a chance, for the last few updates the Launchbox behavior when creating a new platform changed wherein created a new platform didn't assign is a default parent of Root (there are no parents at all) meaning that for users like me who use Platform Category as our default view never see the new platform and have to change our views to platform to find the new platform we added, right click it and assign it a parent, even Root.

If that behavior could be corrected to default to root as a parent, that would be awesome to avoid requiring users to change their views to hunt for their missing platforms.

This was corrected in this release and they should now be created with Root assigned as their parent

3 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

This was corrected in this release and they should now be created with Root assigned as their parent

Shame on me for not checking my version. I thought I had beta release son but I'm running 13.1 which would explain the issue. Thanks for the update!

Hi all!
I have a problem with Sega Dreamcast Retroachievements.

I have a working rom set. RetroArch load correctly them. I have downloaded them from the "right" source.

LB is not showing me Retroachiev.

I have:

removed and reimported - scanned- nothing

created a different platform - scanned - nothing ( I have "Sega Dreamcast" like platform, also created a simple "Dreamcast", scraped as Sega Dreamcast to try)

added in zip format - scanned - nothing

removed and added in cue-bin format - scanned - nothing

re-downloaded from the correct source a rom - scanned - nothing

I have, in a different category, a Dreamcast Subset platform. I have 3 games here and 2 of them were checked correctly and added to the playlist. I have added now the last one that I was missing (Power Stone 2 [Subset - Adventure 8 Difficulty]) and it does not show retroachiev.

A.t.m. my others platform were correctly hashed.

any idea?

Edited by xevious1974

21 hours ago, xevious1974 said:

Hi all!
I have a problem with Sega Dreamcast Retroachievements.

I have a working rom set. RetroArch load correctly them. I have downloaded them from the "right" source.

LB is not showing me Retroachiev.

I have:

removed and reimported - scanned- nothing

created a different platform - scanned - nothing ( I have "Sega Dreamcast" like platform, also created a simple "Dreamcast", scraped as Sega Dreamcast to try)

added in zip format - scanned - nothing

removed and added in cue-bin format - scanned - nothing

re-downloaded from the correct source a rom - scanned - nothing

I have, in a different category, a Dreamcast Subset platform. I have 3 games here and 2 of them were checked correctly and added to the playlist. I have added now the last one that I was missing (Power Stone 2 [Subset - Adventure 8 Difficulty]) and it does not show retroachiev.

A.t.m. my others platform were correctly hashed.

any idea?

Make sure the achievement badge is enabled because it sometimes gets disabled/hidden when importing and scanning roms. I've extracted all my DC games and imported only the .cue files and the platform is named "Sega Dreamcast" and about 98% of them are being detected as RA compatible.

23 hours ago, Azgorath said:

Make sure the achievement badge is enabled because it sometimes gets disabled/hidden when importing and scanning roms. I've extracted all my DC games and imported only the .cue files and the platform is named "Sega Dreamcast" and about 98% of them are being detected as RA compatible.

Thank you for your reply.

I had the same: cue files, Sega dreamcast and they were detected. But atm I dont know what is happening.

I dont think it is a LB general problem, I suppose it is MY LB problem.

I tried to change LB theme now, but nothing.

Usually reimporting should resolve all, but here...cant understand. 

I am correct if I affirm "if I remove a rom and then I re-import it, the scan does his work", right?

10 hours ago, The_Keeper86 said:

I know I mentioned CHDs not getting picked up for achievements due to something on Retroachievements end, but is there a way to force by name for the ones not getting picked up? I compress all my CD/DVD based games to CHD.

It is possible to find the hash from RA and add it into the xml file for Launchbox. I was able to do that to get PS2/Dreamcast games showing achievements properly.

Not an ideal solution, as it's one by one, but better than nothing for now.

• Thanks 1

I have a test copy of LB v13.2 I use for theme work. When I try to change the generic controller > Support Partial, LB throws this error. I never seen this until I updated to v13.2. Can anyone look through the error and give me any pointers what it might be? I tried installing v13.2 again and that didn't help. I can go back to v13.1 and it works as expected

What's funny is v13.2 is working fine on my main LB setup

I don't really know what to look for in the error it's throwing: (hidden content / spoiler is the error)

Spoiler

(Inner Exception)

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.2
Type:    System.Net.WebException
Site:    System.Net.WebResponse GetResponse()
Source:  System.Net.Requests

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Integrations.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievements.GetConsoles(String username, String apiKey)
   at BaseProcess.ExcludeMetaComposer(String username, String apiKey, BaseProcess )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Integrations.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievements.UpdateRetroAchievementFields(String username, String apiKey, GameBase game, Boolean rehash, String consoleId)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameViewModel.Ok()

(Outer Exception)

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Type:    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Site:    System.Object InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean, Boolean)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at Caliburn.Micro.ActionMessage.<>c.<.cctor>b__33_0(ActionExecutionContext context)
   at Caliburn.Micro.ActionMessage.Invoke(Object eventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Interactivity.TriggerBase.InvokeActions(Object parameter)
   at System.Windows.Interactivity.EventTriggerBase.OnEvent(EventArgs eventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Interactivity.EventTriggerBase.OnEventImpl(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Edited by The Papaw

11 hours ago, Mitchinator1 said:

It is possible to find the hash from RA and add it into the xml file for Launchbox. I was able to do that to get PS2/Dreamcast games showing achievements properly.

Not an ideal solution, as it's one by one, but better than nothing for now.

That sounds like a good solution! But it just reverts back to this

<RetroAchievementsHash>COULDNTFILEHASH</RetroAchievementsHash>

when first opening launchbox, the following error has appeared twice.

Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program.

Type:    System.InvalidProgramException
Site:    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.NodeList+Node] GetSortedNodes(Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.NodeList)
Source:  LaunchBox

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.NodeList.GetSortedNodes(NodeList nodes)
   at SerializerProducer.EnableIterableFacade(NodeList nodes, SerializerProducer )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass82_0.LogoutNotificationParam()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.DisableScopeRef(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.ConnectRemoteDefinition()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Edited by wallmachine

On 3/10/2023 at 6:07 PM, The_Keeper86 said:

That sounds like a good solution! But it just reverts back to this

<RetroAchievementsHash>COULDNTFILEHASH</RetroAchievementsHash>

Likely you're editing while LB is open, and your manual edits are getting stomped when it shuts down.

Close LB, add your hashes manually and save, open up LB, then rescan the platform for achievements. That's been working for me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, retroNUC said:

Likely you're editing while LB is open, and your manual edits are getting stomped when it shuts down.

Close LB, add your hashes manually and save, open up LB, then rescan the platform for achievements. That's been working for me.

If I'll delete all the "COULDNTFILEHASH"

LB will do an re-hash?

maybe it takes the right value this time. 

Anyway I have tried and it works. But manually is a pain! 🤣

34 minutes ago, xevious1974 said:

If I'll delete all the "COULDNTFILEHASH"

LB will do an re-hash?

maybe it takes the right value this time. 

Anyway I have tried and it works. But manually is a pain! 🤣

I think if it fails once, it'll always fail. I've bugged up situations where it's failing (CHDs, NDS files, etc.) over at BitBucket, but we're just gonna have to wait for updates from LB.

There's some tools that may make the XML editing easier (Ximple is a good one), Tempted to write my own wrapper/lookup for the problematic ones, or if someone does it manually for all the games on a platform, it should be possible to extract a list of LaunchBoxID/RetroAchievementsHash pairs to merge in with anyone else's existing collection.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, retroNUC said:

I think if it fails once, it'll always fail. I've bugged up situations where it's failing (CHDs, NDS files, etc.) over at BitBucket, but we're just gonna have to wait for updates from LB.

There's some tools that may make the XML editing easier (Ximple is a good one), Tempted to write my own wrapper/lookup for the problematic ones, or if someone does it manually for all the games on a platform, it should be possible to extract a list of LaunchBoxID/RetroAchievementsHash pairs to merge in with anyone else's existing collection.

Something to keep in mind is that we use the official hashing program by RetroAchievements, found here: https://github.com/RetroAchievements/RALibretro/releases

Any time there's a new version of that program, we will be updating LaunchBox with it. It may be worth the effort to help them determine where they should be focusing their time.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

Something to keep in mind is that we use the official hashing program by RetroAchievements, found here: https://github.com/RetroAchievements/RALibretro/releases

Any time there's a new version of that program, we will be updating LaunchBox with it. It may be worth the effort to help them determine where they should be focusing their time.

The hashing/identification issues I'm logging at BitBucket are all games that work fine with RAHasher/RALibretro

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/7624/retroachievements-scan-inconsistent-spotty

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/7649/retroachievements-scan-not-working-on

Edited by retroNUC
  • Like 1