LaunchBox Community Forums

13.4 Beta Thread

faeran

I had left one of the improperly cropped, missing media, games to see if the update corrected it, and it does display properly after the beta 3 update, but there is strange scrolling behavior after it was corrected... everything jumbling and not smooth after the details pane updated.

23 hours ago, Drybonz said:

I had left one of the improperly cropped, missing media, games to see if the update corrected it, and it does display properly after the beta 3 update, but there is strange scrolling behavior after it was corrected... everything jumbling and not smooth after the details pane updated.

Are you able to provide a video of what you are seeing?

I had a feeling you were going to ask that.  Here is a video of me scrolling, smoothly down the details view.  Instead of scrolling smoothly down like it normally would, it is jerking back and forth.  This is only on the most recent beta, after the cropped images issue, from earlier, was fixed.

Edited by Drybonz

I have updated to 13.4 Beta 3 today and all of the sudden the memory application keeps going up and up until the computer becomes slow and unusable. It use to sit around a stable 6 to 7 gigs but now it just keeps going up. This was not happening on beta 2.

I also have that scrolling issue and the memory consumption ist very high. Also Launchbox becomes unresponsive after some scrolling and changing between systems/playlist etc. At this state it is sadly unusable for me.

21 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@idolfun @dreamy Are you seeing the memory consumption issue in LaunchBox or Big Box? What theme are you running when you see this behavior?

image.thumb.png.7f331cfda228d76fa81b7ea5882d8383.png

I saw these posts this morning so i tested, i have had Launchbox open for about 3 hours at this point, and RAM has been stable the whole time.

It is in Launchbox. It seems to be occurring when I add and alter entries of games in various platforms. I will do some more testing today to see if I can get more information. I also had the issue with Scrolling when things seem to become unresponsive. I have backed off to 13.3 release version and left it altered a few entries and left it overnight and the memory seems to be about 2 to 3 gigs.

40 minutes ago, idolfun said:

It is in Launchbox. It seems to be occurring when I add and alter entries of games in various platforms. I will do some more testing today to see if I can get more information. I also had the issue with Scrolling when things seem to become unresponsive. I have backed off to 13.3 release version and left it altered a few entries and left it overnight and the memory seems to be about 2 to 3 gigs.

No need. We've identified that the issue is caused by using certain image types and have it resolved internally. Thanks for the report!

Just updated, Keeps crashing when scrolling through my games, never had this problem before.

Its only happens when in the default clear logo view, not cover art.

Constant freezing - before crashing. Its not a hardware performance issue - I have a powerful PC.

Edited by Jonny Severn

On 5/24/2023 at 3:14 AM, Drybonz said:

I had a feeling you were doing to ask that.  Here is a video of me scrolling, smoothly down the details view.  Instead of scrolling smoothly down like it normally would, it is jerking back and forth.  This is only on the most recent beta, after the cropped images issue, from earlier, was fixed.

Same thing here. The scrolling behaves very erratic, it goes up and down weirdly... Also, sometimes the whole app freezes and/or crashes with this scrolling bug like the system is all overloaded or something. I'll wait for an update because it's unusable since beta 3 (previous betas had this strange scrolling issue but the app didn't crash as with beta 3)

Yeah, there is currently a bug in image view using those image types. It's been corrected internally and will be fixed for next release. Right now the only work arounds are to use list view or use a taller image type

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 1:28 AM, bikeking8 said:

I've been getting crashes consistently with beta 2 here. Two of the logs are below. I haven't switched my theme, it's still default, and I've made sure it's set to run as administrator FWIW. I found this pop up in other launchbox beta forums, given the google search results, but let me know if I should post this somewhere else, though.

The calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.4-beta-2
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void VerifyAccess()
Source:  WindowsBase

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.VerifyAccess()
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.GetValue(DependencyProperty dp)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.get_SelectedItemsImpl()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.ListContentViewModel.Populate(List`1 newGames, String title, Guid instance, IList`1 idsToSelect, Double newScrollOffset, String overrideSortType)
   at TokenInstance.CountSupportedStub(Object , List`1 games, String title, Guid populationInstance, IList`1 idsToSelect, Double newScrollOffset, String overrideSortType, TokenInstance )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.ForgotScopeAuthentication(Boolean readtask, Boolean issecond, Node control, Playlist map2)
   at ParamsInstance.CountSupportedStub(Object , Boolean readtask, Boolean issecond, Node control, Playlist map2, ParamsInstance )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass80_0.CallScopeCallback()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.ReflectInvalidMapping(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CallCommonAttr()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

9:08:20 AM Exception

The calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.4-beta-2
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void VerifyAccess()
Source:  WindowsBase

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.ListContentViewModel.Populate(List`1 newGames, String title, Guid instance, IList`1 idsToSelect, Double newScrollOffset, String overrideSortType)
   at TokenInstance.CountSupportedStub(Object , List`1 games, String title, Guid populationInstance, IList`1 idsToSelect, Double newScrollOffset, String overrideSortType, TokenInstance )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.ForgotScopeAuthentication(Boolean readtask, Boolean issecond, Node control, Playlist map2)
   at ParamsInstance.CountSupportedStub(Object , Boolean readtask, Boolean issecond, Node control, Playlist map2, ParamsInstance )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass80_0.CallScopeCallback()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.ReflectInvalidMapping(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CallCommonAttr()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

Recent Log:

8:18:47 PM Exception

Also seeing this myself in 13.4-beta-3 when attempting to add a game to an existing playlist via right-click on List View.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.4-beta-3
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void VerifyAccess()
Source:  WindowsBase

at ModelCreator.FindObservableUtils(Object , List`1 games, String title, Guid populationInstance, IList`1 idsToSelect, Double newScrollOffset, String overrideSortType, ModelCreator )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.AwakeSimpleRules(Boolean movefirst, Boolean iscounter, Node rule, Playlist t2)
   at ReaderCreator.FindObservableUtils(Object , Boolean movefirst, Boolean iscounter, Node rule, Playlist t2, ReaderCreator )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass80_0.ComputeSimpleTemplate()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.InstantiateCompositeServer(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.EnableRemoteSetter()
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartHelper.Callback(Object state)

Recent Log:

21:43:01 Exception

Thanks for that additional information. I was having a hard time replicating because we already have it corrected internally and I hadn't realized. This will be fixed in the next beta release which we are planning to get out today. Thanks for the detailed report, made tracking it pretty easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beta 4 is out with the following:

• New Feature: Added StarRatingGrid, MediaPreview, MediaList (For theme devs)
  • New Feature: Added ability to set details min height/width from theme
  • Fixed: Issue with Images View while using certain short Image Groups
  • Fixed: Rare crash in LaunchBox when selecting a platform with a large amount of playtime
  • Fixed: Starting into ListView wasn't loading headers properly
  • Fixed: Issue where certain actions while in ListView would throw a threading error
  • Fixed: Some times you couldn't interact with the content view after a refresh

This should fix the remaining issues people have reported with the image view.

• Like 4