LaunchBox Community Forums

13.4 Beta Thread

faeran

Hi Everyone,

LaunchBox 13.4 beta 1 has just dropped with the following changes:

• New Premium Feature: The LaunchBox game details pane can now be popped out into its own window (custom themes do require updating)
  • Improvement: LaunchBox image views have been optimized and will now load faster
  • Improvement: Images will now appear more gracefully when scrolling with the mouse wheel inside of LaunchBox
  • Improvement: Badges in LaunchBox will now dynamically update themselves without requiring a reload of the view
  • Improvement: The game details view will now reload after leaving a game to accurately reflect new play time, play count, and achievements updates
  • Improvement: The LaunchBox import wizards no longer act as if they're locked up while parsing the games to be imported
  • Improvement: The MAME arcade full set import wizard is now much faster
  • Improvement: MAME prerequisite files have been updated to allow for a better import experience with newer versions of MAME
  • Improvement: MAME import filters have been adjusted and will now include less non-games by default
  • Improvement: The LaunchBox sidebar filter button will now better adapt its values when used in conjunction with the search bar
  • Fixed: A rare memory leak that could occur in some situations due to the VLC video playback engine
  • Fixed: A rare theme bug when launching Big Box from within LaunchBox

Beta 2:

• Improvement: Clicking either the primary LaunchBox window or the Game Details pop out now brings BOTH windows to front to make it easier to use the app in that configuration
  • Fixed: LaunchBox image view not displaying correctly when using arrange by feature to arrange by anything other than title
  • Fixed: Issue with boxes being added and not being displayed in the row correctly
  • Fixed: Error message displayed in some themes while using arrange by feature
  • Fixed: Issues with scrolling stuttering in LaunchBox Image View (especially when scrolling up)
  • Fixed: Issue with the Image View not returning to the top when selecting a new filter value
  • Fixed: Videos weren't being paused before popping in Game Details causing audio to play but not video

Beta 3:

• Fixed: Several arrange by groups of a single item were causing the rows to render on top of each other
  • Fixed: Last item in a row wasn't always resizing the row correctly
  • Fixed: Pressing a string of keys to jump to a game (pressing M to jump to first game starting with M for example) wasn't scrolling to the correct position
  • Fixed: After manually adding a new game the grid wasn't jumping to that game
  • Fixed: Crashes related to using an arrange by setting other than title that some themes were having
  • Fixed: Issue related to deleting the last item in the Game Details carousel preview

Beta 4:

• New Feature: Added StarRatingGrid, MediaPreview, MediaList (for theme devs)
  • New Feature: Added ability to set details min height/width from theme
  • Fixed: Issue with Images View while using certain short Image Groups
  • Fixed: Rare crash in LaunchBox when selecting a platform with a large amount of playtime
  • Fixed: Starting into ListView wasn't loading headers properly
  • Fixed: Issue where certain actions while in ListView would throw a threading error
  • Fixed: Some times you couldn't interact with the content view after a refresh

Beta 5:

• Fixed: Details Pop Out wasn't rendering correctly on startup
  • Fixed: GOG Credentials incorrectly being flagged as changed when scanning for achievements in Options
  • Fixed: List View not scrolling to the correct location after certain events
  • Fixed: Scrolling up from the bottom of boxes view would sometimes hitch making scrolling difficult

Like always, thanks to everyone on the beta channel helping us solidify it for the next release.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

37 minutes ago, faeran said:

New Feature: The LaunchBox game details pane can now be popped out into its own window (custom themes do require updating)

Nice! This was a simple add to a custom theme. 

I am noticing that when returning the pop-out to the main LB window the video audio still plays but the video stops. Could be the theme I will test on a couple other themes and on another cabinet. It does return if I click another game or when the video recycles to the beginning again. 

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Something wrong with the formatting, game images are overlapping the bars, in this case The top one under F-Zero should say Favourites, default theme.

image.thumb.png.2154d379cfe866f79d3daeaeb844f78e.png

Same things happens on my setup, no matter what theme i use. I like the new improvements. Thanks devs ❤️

Love the image loading getting some attention.

Reproduceable Bug:
Go to any system that has, lets say 200 games. Scroll down to end of list. Switch to other system that has less games -> No covers appear until you scroll a bit.

Videos dont seem to work in fullscreen (at least for me)

Edited by Madman_DE

4 minutes ago, Madman_DE said:

Love the image loading getting some attention.

Reproduceable Bug:
Go to any system that has, lets say 200 games. Scroll down to end of list. Switch to other system that has less games -> No covers appear until you scroll a bit.

Yeah confirmed here, just leaves a empty system.

image.thumb.png.bd1055e3b5ddd9755e7c66664ef48159.png

Thanks, we found this bug internally and is next on my list of things to fix. Just so we are clear you CAN scroll up to see the games again, just obviously shouldn't HAVE to. Don't want people thinking they have to restart the client completely when this happens.

This has probably already been noticed, but when a new game is added with no image, in the images view, it is cropped to the size of the games with images instead of resizing the row to fit the new game (like it has in the past).

9 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

This has probably already been noticed, but when a new game is added with no image, in the images view, it is cropped to the size of the games with images instead of resizing the row to fit the new game (like it has in the past).

Not entirely sure I'm following. Could you provide a screenshot to show what you mean?

28 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Not entirely sure I'm following. Could you provide a screenshot to show what you mean?

I think they mean this, my 240psuite has no image, but the "no image grey box" is larger than verything else and underlapping the images below. Probably related to the same thing as the bars i posted about yesterday if i had to guess, the layout of the gamne windows is sorta all off in the beta.

image.thumb.png.e4476e5a866093a1acbbd60aa5c0275d.png

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

This appears to have gotten corrected with the other changes. I'd appreciate if once the new beta version drops if you two could verify that you do indeed see that issue resolved.

Yeah looking at it now it only happens when directly under the bar in my case it seems, when mixed in it's OK, so probably was related to the offset bars.

image.thumb.png.1be4f5e752a0e2cb4ebbb17370daf536.png

19 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Something wrong with the formatting, game images are overlapping the bars, in this case The top one under F-Zero should say Favourites, default theme.

image.thumb.png.2154d379cfe866f79d3daeaeb844f78e.png

Can confirm it's happening on my end as well. New improvements are definitely welcome though, no more F5ing!