LaunchBox Community Forums

13.4 Beta Thread

faeran

bet kinda messed up my launchbox. i have been using my launchbox to have my own arcade cabinet but when I tried opening it today I click on he desktop shortcut and a tiny wheel spins next to my cursor and then it goes away and launchbox doesnt open, even when i go into the system files and launch it from the .exe it does the same thing. PLEASE HELP i also have the lifetime license too

I added a new game in the platform that had the issue with cropped, smaller images in the earlier beta and I noticed there is still a choppy scrolling issue if you have a game without an image in the mix.

Edited by Drybonz

17 hours ago, Gill Figno said:

Is anyone having trouble with Retro Achievements on this build? They are not showing up and the profile says "Failed to grab achievement information," but my credentials are correct, and it even connects to the API when tested.

No, but look into this thread 

Beta 5 is out with the following fixes:

• Fixed: Details Pop Out wasn't rendering correctly on startup
  • Fixed: GOG Credentials incorrectly being flagged as changed when scanning for achievements in Options
  • Fixed: List View not scrolling to the correct location after certain events
  • Fixed: Scrolling up from the bottom of boxes view would sometimes hitch making scrolling difficult
  • Like 3

Not sure if it's specific to the current betas but just noticed this recently - sometimes videos don't play (though I can hear the sound from the video). The video itself just shows a black box. At other times the video will shrink to a corner of the video area (see screenshot).

1458982204_Screenshot2023-05-30235459.thumb.png.157431df7b38cd58914a0e2a702341fb.png

Edited by Retrofrogg
  • Like 1

I noticed this in Event Viewer after updating to latest stable:

Message: Cannot use file stream for [D:\Games\LaunchBox\Core\LaunchBox.deps.json]: No such file or directory

Event 1023 .NET Runtime

Doesn't seem to have a negative impact but worth mentioning regardless. Any ideas? I am getting this every time I boot into LB or BB but it works fine.

@C-Beats you commented on .NET issues in the past. Perhaps you have any insight? Reverting to 13.3 eliminates the error logs.

Edited by Thornback

7 hours ago, Thornback said:

I noticed this in Event Viewer after updating to latest stable:

Doesn't seem to have a negative impact but worth mentioning regardless. Any ideas? I am getting this every time I boot into LB or BB but it works fine.

@C-Beats you commented on .NET issues in the past. Perhaps you have any insight? Reverting to 13.3 eliminates the error logs.

Ah yeah I know what this is. I can address it in the next release. It won't affect your ability to use the app in any way.

• Unusual Gem 1

On 5/30/2023 at 6:54 PM, Retrofrogg said:

Not sure if it's specific to the current betas but just noticed this recently - sometimes videos don't play (though I can hear the sound from the video). The video itself just shows a black box. At other times the video will shrink to a corner of the video area (see screenshot).

1458982204_Screenshot2023-05-30235459.thumb.png.157431df7b38cd58914a0e2a702341fb.png

Just chiming in to say this has also been happening to me on Launchbox for several months now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Raw64life said:

Just chiming in to say this has also been happening to me on Launchbox for several months now.

Having the same issue for a while too, usually when it's the first game I select in a particular platform. There's a black box showing with no video but audio is working. It wasn't a deal-breaker issue by any means, but kind of an odd bug I've noticed.

• Like 2

This is a known bug (been around for a long while) that appears sometimes but I've not been able to track down a cause as it happens so randomly. If you run into an process that reliably replicates the issue please let us know.

Quick question: is there some way for the "Recent" section in Big Box to not display games that aren't played? For instance, if I do a search and scroll through the games, all the games are showing up on my Recent list, even though I haven't played them. I thought I remember one of the LB devs saying it had to do with the game being "modified"?