LaunchBox Community Forums

13.6 Beta Thread

faeran

18 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

New Feature: LaunchBox now has its own notifications system that helps better track information and errors; history is also available in the new notifications center (bell icon) in the top right of the window. The notifications center is available in both of the Default themes, and can be easily added to any custom themes. A new option is available under Tools > Options > General > Notifications to switch between LaunchBox notifications, Windows notifications, and message boxes.

For any theme developers wanting to get the notification center (the new notification bell icon/button) to your themes you simply need to copy lines 312-400 of Default's MainView to your theme and then tweak to your liking. Let us know if you're having too much problems trying to integrate it into your themes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, kobaturtle said:

I noticed playlists fanart background does not show in details panel

Are you referring to the top section where the clear logo is or the rest of the panel where the actual game information resides?

28 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Are you referring to the top section where the clear logo is or the rest of the panel where the actual game information resides?

Yes, top right menu:

image.thumb.png.bce9bc2cc8e2c22aef9a97ec2c1fda27.png

Same issue for platform category panel

Edited by kobaturtle

55 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks for the update team. Could you guys expand upon the dynamic controller inputs for BB? Is there an option somewhere the user needs to select?

We have a bug in that some of the files tied to this change aren't being placed correctly in the theme folder. Once done this feature uses a converter we've had but was only used on an unreleased theme of mine that should display a button image based on the input you have bound to that action. You won't see the image right now, but the XAML is in place and can be gleaned if you want to add it to another theme.

• Thanks 1

Guys, the new default theme looks really nice at a glance, but if I use my mouse wheel to scroll down the game details panel it scrolls just a bit and then freezes.  If I use the scrollbar I can scroll all the way down.

*edit*  Actually, sorry... it seems it's also happening with the platform details pane.

Edited by Drybonz

On 7/10/2023 at 6:44 AM, BiRaitBec said:

@dbalcar 

I Have Bally Astrocade games working fine. 

Make sure they are in .zip formats and that they are bin files.   Well I tested 13.6 beta 3 and still on the Ready to import screen it is empty and no files get imported.

thanks,  yes they are zip files with .bin files inside.   on the import LB does not see any files.

I am seeing these errors in the debug log.  Would anyone know if this is normal?  Thanks

2023-07-14 03:55:55 PM Game.PlayCount changed from 0 to 1: Mafia Contract II: The Sequel (Sinclair ZX Spectrum)
2023-07-14 03:55:55 PM MarkGamePlatformChanged called: Mafia Contract II: The Sequel (Sinclair ZX Spectrum) - PlayCount = 1
2023-07-14 03:55:55 PM WARNING: MarkGamePlatformChanged Early Out! LoadComplete: False, Game is not null
2023-07-14 03:55:55 PM MarkGamePlatformChanged called:  () - LastPlayedDate = 8/20/2021 12:09:11 PM
2023-07-14 03:55:55 PM WARNING: MarkGamePlatformChanged Early Out! LoadComplete: False, Game is not null

That's likely caused by the fact you're pointing to MAME but not using MAME romnames

10 minutes ago, dbalcar said:

Bally import 1.PNG

Bally import 2.PNG

Bally import 3.PNG

Bally import 4.PNG

Bally import 5.PNG

Bally import 6.PNG

Bally import 7.PNG

Caused by the fact you're using MAME as an emulator but using zips that aren't MAME files and so they don't get included since they aren't in the MAME xml. Use a diff emulator (or none) during the import then change the emulator to MAME after you're done.

1 minute ago, dbalcar said:

I am seeing these errors in the debug log.  Would anyone know if this is normal?  Thanks

2023-07-14 03:55:55 PM Game.PlayCount changed from 0 to 1: Mafia Contract II: The Sequel (Sinclair ZX Spectrum)
2023-07-14 03:55:55 PM MarkGamePlatformChanged called: Mafia Contract II: The Sequel (Sinclair ZX Spectrum) - PlayCount = 1
2023-07-14 03:55:55 PM MarkGamePlatformChanged called:  () - LastPlayedDate = 8/20/2021 12:09:11 PM

Normal logs at this point. I can review how needed they are before we release final.

3 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

That's likely caused by the fact you're pointing to MAME but not using MAME romnames

Caused by the fact you're using MAME as an emulator but using zips that aren't MAME files and so they don't get included since they aren't in the MAME xml. Use a diff emulator (or none) during the import then change the emulator to MAME after you're done.

Thanks, I changed it to another emulator since it would not let me leave that blank.  but I get them imported now.    Now I just need to get mame set right so they will play.  Thanks for the help.

13.6 i get a error "Width and Height must be non-negative." every time i exit the edit menu of a game (save or cancel). I try 2 platform switch from french to english, run the setup again in the same folder, reboot... The send report window freeze and close after few seconds.

***********  UPDATE ***********
It crash only if "game details" (ctrl+T) are hidden. So i suppose it's not only me can have this problem.

error.txt

Edited by thewhite

On 7/14/2023 at 12:17 AM, Drybonz said:

Guys, the new default theme looks really nice at a glance, but if I use my mouse wheel to scroll down the game details panel it scrolls just a bit and then freezes.  If I use the scrollbar I can scroll all the way down.

*edit*  Actually, sorry... it seems it's also happening with the platform details pane.

On 7/14/2023 at 1:57 PM, C-Beats said:

I'd assume your mouse is getting stuck in the media list or some other control that is using the mouse wheel event.

Because the Carousel is in the bottom half of the screen in the new theme, as opposed to the the top half in others your scrolling always gets 'stuck' unless you consciously move your pointer below it, it is kind of annoying.

The new theme does look great though (with a bit of tweaking), but that video shrink bug is still there.

Screenshot2023-07-15162821.thumb.jpg.9dbf3bca8c1b6bde4ca9748df724433e.jpg

and these namco video ratios are off

Screenshot2023-07-15164048.thumb.jpg.0c9dd1a14211df19140c2470f9464961.jpg

Screenshot2023-07-15170748.thumb.jpg.0c269a9e1e2582f11ca09103b71413cf.jpg

• Like 1