LaunchBox Community Forums

13.6 Beta Thread

faeran

Beta 5 is out with the following:

• Improvement: Steam game matching has been significantly improved to reduce any chance for false matches
  • Improvement: Polish and tweaks to the new default theme
  • Fixed: Potential issue in Big Box where it could not regain focus in some situations on touchscreen devices (such as the ROG Ally)

We have also identified a bug with the new notifications interfering with LaunchBox updates (in certain situations) which will get addressed tomorrow. If you find yourself in this situation, a workaround is to click the download link on the notification within the notification center (and not while it's floating in the bottom-right corner). The theme you are using must support the notification bell/center. Another workaround is to load up Big Box to run the update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When I try to update to the new beta, The Launchbox update progress bar disappears and the program locks up.
Is there a download link to the beta I can try instead?

So the crash happens when using the Big Details theme. Switching to the new default theme fixed the issue and allowed the update.

Edited by BHazard

4 minutes ago, BHazard said:

When I try to update to the new beta, The Launchbox update progress bar disappears and the program locks up.
Is there a download link to the beta I can try instead?

17 hours ago, faeran said:

Workaround is to click the download link on the notification within the notification center (and not while it's floating in the bottom-right corner).

• Like 1

I'm able to get the installation to download using the notification link (as mentioned, above), but the installation is stuck trying to close the running LB process and won't install.  I tried closing it manually in the task manager, but it doesn't seem to work... have to cancel the installation.

*edit*  Ok, I got it installed.  It was running as a background process, taking up a ton of memory... so killed that then used the update file that downloaded to the "updates" folder to install.

Edited by Drybonz

7 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

I'm able to get the installation to download using the notification link (as mentioned, above), but the installation is stuck trying to close the running LB process and won't install.  I tried closing it manually in the task manager, but it doesn't seem to work... have to cancel the installation.

I had the same issue, had to update via Bigbox

Beta 6 is out with the following:

• Improvement: New user automated import notification will now wait for a user action
  • Improvement: The GOG Uninstall monitoring process is now more accurate
  • Improvement: Various changes to the Default theme
  • Fixed: Prompts tied to notifications disappearing when the notification was removed from tray
  • Fixed: Scroll wheel logic in the Default theme's Game Details panel has been fine tuned

For users that had issues updating last beta, you will still need to use your workaround one more time, but it will be the last, as the fix comes with this update.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Papaw said:

I'm getting this when trying to install beta 6. Went back to beta 5

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.33ff578baa00c4e747e606a48e442f7b.jpg

Go into LaunchBox\Updates and delete the beta setup file, then see what happens if you download the update again.

• Like 1

On the new default theme, is it possible to disable the "hover" titles on the box front art (I think it's called the box content view)?  I already have the title showing under the box art, so it seems redundant, and looks a bit cluttered.  I wasn't sure if there was an existing option for that.  Thanks.

I just updated from 13.5 official to 13.6 beta 6 with no issues.
However, in the LaunchBox Themes Manager I can only see the Default and Old Default themes, and not Default, Old Default and Old Default (Legacy) as mentioned in the update splash window.

Hi, in Launchbox it says there is a new beta, when i click on the download button, the progress bar goes for a bit then launchbox minimizes, when I click to maximise it, the progress bar is missing and I can't interact with anything, can't close launchbox, have to end it through task manager

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drybonz said:

On the new default theme, is it possible to disable the "hover" titles on the box front art (I think it's called the box content view)?  I already have the title showing under the box art, so it seems redundant, and looks a bit cluttered.  I wasn't sure if there was an existing option for that.  Thanks.

Same request, I didn't find a way  to disable it

i'm on 13.5, but maybe check to see if this issue can be replicated / fixed?
Stacking games will at times hide achievement badges, eg if the stack has a Beta in it, very common in Gen 4 consoles collections etc, Base's and reversions and betas and protos.
A Greyed trophy to illustrate achievements are available if you pick the right rom one, and some kind of indicator of which the right one is the right one could be a big help, maybe as well as a red one to show that achievements are available for the game at hand, just not with any of the roms provided in that particular titles grouping.

could have been somewhere better to put this, i'm sorry i couldn't find it in the time i had. good luck :)

On 7/22/2023 at 1:55 AM, AVissie said:

Hi, in Launchbox it says there is a new beta, when i click on the download button, the progress bar goes for a bit then launchbox minimizes, when I click to maximise it, the progress bar is missing and I can't interact with anything, can't close launchbox, have to end it through task manager

I'm having this exact same problem. Updating from Beta 3 to the latest.