LaunchBox Community Forums

13.7 Beta Thread

faeran

4 hours ago, Midnight_Rocker said:

How can I download the beta

In the Options and Updates tab. 

there is a beta updates checkbox. If you check that and take updates you can download beta updates for developers and translators. There are bugs and stuff. Final Release always will be better for the last user.

Not 100% sure this is beta update related, but after I updated to beta 5 I noticed some missing artwork (not using default locations for my media), when I looked into it, the following folders had been reset back to default locations for every platform (40+). I found it strange that it was identical to every platform? Luckily I had a recent back to go back too.9_9

• Video
  • Manual
  • Music
  • Banner
  • Box - Back
  • Box - Front
  • Fanart - Background
  • Screenshot - Gameplay
  • Steam Banner
Edited by The Papaw

With the latest beta I am unable to access the Tools>options menu.  When I attempt to there is a box popping up behind the Launchbox app for EA Play login, but that box cannot be focused, nor can the main LaunchBox window.  The only way to access Launchbox again is to force close it.  I've attached a screen shot of what the mouseover of the LaunchBox app icon looks like in the windows task bar when this happens.  

image.png.43c49a5af9cd751331fd273561d3ab90.png

Edited by goin3d
spelling

41 minutes ago, goin3d said:

With the latest beta I am unable to access the Tools>options menu.  When I attempt to there is a box popping up behind the Launchbox app for EA Play login, but that box cannot be focused, nor can the main LaunchBox window.  The only way to access Launchbox again is to force close it.  I've attached a screen shot of what the mouseover of the LaunchBox app icon looks like in the windows task bar when this happens.  

This exact thing happening to me to. Cannot change any options but I can still play…

1 hour ago, goin3d said:

Same here. Hopefully admins will fix this asap. 

Thanks everyone. We have one of our builds where we can reproduce the issue with the options page, so it should be fixed for next beta.

11 hours ago, Beforedeth said:

If I get big box will it show RA achievements now or is that still down…

It's still down on their end. We do continue to try and resolve it in any way we can, but our hands are tied to their infrastructure and their timetable on when a fix will become available from their API.

On 9/30/2023 at 4:27 PM, The Papaw said:

Not 100% sure this is beta update related, but after I updated to beta 5 I noticed some missing artwork (not using default locations for my media), when I looked into it, the following folders had been reset back to default locations for every platform (40+). I found it strange that it was identical to every platform? Luckily I had a recent back to go back too.9_9

• Video
  • Manual
  • Music
  • Banner
  • Box - Back
  • Box - Front
  • Fanart - Background
  • Screenshot - Gameplay
  • Steam Banner

This doesn't sound beta related and I'd open up a separate post if you need help resolving it.

On 9/29/2023 at 8:33 PM, Buccaneer said:

Thanks for the new Beta. Would it be possible to add a simple Option for the Retroarch Nightlies to the automatic Retroarch Downloader?

At the moment you have to download them by hand or with a third Party tool (Stellar).

At the moment we don't have plans for this, but you never know what the future may hold.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

This doesn't sound beta related and I'd open up a separate post if you need help resolving it.

Nah, used some of my backups. TY Sir.

Just a thought, might be wise to not drop beta's just before the weekend when much of the development team is gone for a couple days? 9_9

Edited by The Papaw

41 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@goin3d @Beforedeth @Vader Can you update to the latest beta and let us know if you're stilling having the issue with your options window not opening correctly? We believe it to be resolved in this latest push and would love to have confirmation as such from some users who were experiencing the issue.

The Options open up, then disappears, then LB just hangs up, have video if ya need it

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

@goin3d @Beforedeth @Vader Can you update to the latest beta and let us know if you're stilling having the issue with your options window not opening correctly? We believe it to be resolved in this latest push and would love to have confirmation as such from some users who were experiencing the issue.

Latest beta appears to have fixed the issue for me.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

It seems to be working for me, as well. I will update if I notice something different.

5 hours ago, C-Beats said:

update to the latest beta and let us know if you're stilling having the issue with your options window not opening correctly

I had the Options window issue with 2 separate installs on 2 separate machines.  Updating to beta-6 resolved it on both.  Thanks C-Beats!