LaunchBox Community Forums

13.9 Beta Thread

faeran

8 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

If it's talking about Xbox or Epic you can turn off the auto import via the settings with LB closed to get around that.

Ok, how do I turn that off with LB closed?

Seems like beta 3 manage to download in the background, installed it now. 

Doesn't seem to crash now! 

Thanks! :)

Edited by e2zippo

On 12/7/2023 at 12:47 PM, e2zippo said:

Oh I've been doing that for ages, but that wont work here since it crashes :D

I know you solved this already, but just wanted to point out that all the updates are stored in the updates folder. If you install an update and want to revert, just go to the update folder and install the previous update before this one. Just make sure you don't update to the newer one when it prompts you again. Done that many times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Everyone,

Beta 4 is out now with the final changes to the Game Discovery Center, including more dynamic lists and the last edits to the theme files (including video support). The theme files are now ready for any curious theme dev to explore. We also turned back on RetroAchievements and so far things look good with it. It would be beneficial for any RetroAchievement enthusiast to test this beta and make sure things are working well on their end.

Changelog:

• Improvement: A myriad of changes to the Game Discovery Center to make it even better, including video support
  • Fixed: RetroAchievements API is back up and the existing functionality has been re-enabled within LaunchBox and Big Box
  • Fixed: (No-SubGenre) Genre Sidebar filter now shows the correct counts in LaunchBox
  • Fixed: Added more logic to help with those pesky Xbox auto-import errors
  • Fixed: In the Big Box Default theme, the "View Game Details" text binding will no longer show if already in the Game Details menu
  • Like 6

Since Beta 4 BigBox crashes when I select any Platform Category with the following error message: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.". Selecting the Platforms through the Game Discovery Center works though. Changing the main theme didn't help.

I also noticed that in Launchbox (default Theme) the RetroAchievement window title changes to GOG Achievements for any Game after it has been extended.

Besides that the return of the RA API works flawless for me . Thank you for the latest Game Discovery Center. I have fun at discovering Games from the same Game Studio I didn't knew about 

Edited by Jackdefjam

8 minutes ago, Jackdefjam said:

Since Beta 4 BigBox crashes when I select any Platform Category with the following error message: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.". Selecting the Platforms through the Game Discovery Center works though. Changing the main theme didn't help.

I also noticed that in Launchbox (default Theme) the RetroAchievement window title changes to GOG Achievements for any Game after it has been extended.

Besides that the return of the RA API works flawless for me . Thank you for the latest Game Discovery Center. I have fun at discovering Games from the same Game Studio I didn't knew about 

Thanks @Jackdefjam. We'll look into these. Good news on RetroAchievements, and glad you are enjoying the Game Discovery Center.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jackdefjam said:

Was able to confirm we have an issue with this. Goal is to get it corrected and then release another beta soon that resolves this and a few other issues we found internally.

• Thanks 1

Beta 5 is out with some further fixes to this morning's beta:

• Improvement: The new Xbox login will now automatically attempt to re-authenticate you when your token has expired
  • Fixed: Button mappings not working when navigating a manuals from the Pause Menu
  • Fixed: Incorrect RetroAchievement header in LaunchBox's Default theme's expanded overlay
  • Fixed: Crash caused in Big Box's Platform Categories section, when entering into a category using certain themes

We are hoping that this brings us close to a release candidate here, with an official release pending shortly after. All feedback with this beta is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the update LB team. For whatever reason, the Game Discovery Center is having issues for me. Once I scroll down about 5 or 6 times, the options don't show up, and all I see is the background. It seems to consistently be a problem once I get to the Compete for High Scores tab.

Added a couple screenshots of issues I'm having. The text is large if no clear logo is present. The second image shows what happens if I scroll down several times.

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Edited by TheNewClassics

1 hour ago, faeran said:

We are hoping that this brings us close to a release candidate here, with an official release pending shortly after. All feedback with this beta is greatly appreciated.

As of beta 5 the auto populate issue I had mentioned still exists.  I'm sure you guys may not have had time to look at it, but no one had replied about it so I'm just posting this feedback in the event that you thought it had been fixed during the beta updates.

LB beta 5, default theme:

• testing RA account in the tools->options->integrations takes 20 - 30 secs in beta 5 (2 secs in beta 4)
  • scanning for achievements stalls for a minute before starting in beta 5 (instantaneous start in beta 4)
  • scanning for achievements bar no longer shows progress or file names while scanning in beta 5 (worked in beta 4)
  • Retro achievements section not showing up in game details sidebar on the right in beta 5 (worked in beta 4)
    • Do we need to do a full scan again for beta 5?
  • Retro score window opens and just sits at "fetching information" for 10+ mins (worked in beta 4)

Edited by SqHd

Really enjoying having achievements working in BigBox again. Also, the Discovery Center updates are outstanding! Nice touch letting us bind it to a controller button. Would you be able to bring back binding the achievement profile to a button? I didn’t see it as an option anymore. Thx.