LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.12 - Beta Thread

faeran

On first launching this beta I let it import, interesting to see what it would find as nothing has changed with no files being added, however the imported quickly found 1300+ roms to install, which I quickly stopped but not before it could import 250+ roms. What I found is that these roms are the ones I filtered out within the import full set wizard, such as games requiring CHD files. I think this will catch many people out who will end up importing vast amount of games they they original filtered out.

I also noted some games that really should have been imported by the full set wizard, but wasn't. Here is my original import filter...

image.thumb.png.5d5a5c8d37d10c7fece745d91291353b.png

The beta for example imported Badlands, which is a game that uses a wheel, so according to my above filter the full set wizard should have imported this but did not, and there are many other examples of this. Why would that be please?

1 hour ago, jackhulk said:

On first launching this beta I let it import, interesting to see what it would find as nothing has changed with no files being added, however the imported quickly found 1300+ roms to install, which I quickly stopped but not before it could import 250+ roms. What I found is that these roms are the ones I filtered out within the import full set wizard, such as games requiring CHD files. I think this will catch many people out who will end up importing vast amount of games they they original filtered out.

I also noted some games that really should have been imported by the full set wizard, but wasn't. Here is my original import filter...

image.thumb.png.5d5a5c8d37d10c7fece745d91291353b.png

The beta for example imported Badlands, which is a game that uses a wheel, so according to my above filter the full set wizard should have imported this but did not, and there are many other examples of this. Why would that be please?

The mame rom folder should probably be excluded from this feature if having previously used the mame fullset importer, just add a flag at initial import if it was used so its ignored in future.

Sometimes we want to add MAME sets to launchbox. But it also sees the bios files in it as a game. It is very tedious to remove them one by one by hand. Is it possible to skip the bios when installing fullsets and not see them as games in arcade?

15 hours ago, neil9000 said:

The mame rom folder should probably be excluded from this feature if having previously used the mame fullset importer, just add a flag at initial import if it was used so its ignored in future.

Do you mean we the user can add a flag to ignore the mame folder, and if so how please?

2 hours ago, jackhulk said:

Do you mean we the user can add a flag to ignore the mame folder, and if so how please?

No it doesnt as far as i know currently, but it probably should as mame is different to other systems/imports as files are not actually imported, and there are thousands of useless ones which you wouldnt want installed that are probably being seen bt the auto import process.

5 hours ago, Retrogamer4423 said:

Sometimes we want to add MAME sets to launchbox. But it also sees the bios files in it as a game. It is very tedious to remove them one by one by hand. Is it possible to skip the bios when installing fullsets and not see them as games in arcade?

It will only import bios files if you messed with the filters and disabled the one that excludes them, probably the "skip non playable games" one or similar if i had to guess.

Since the update , i am seeing launch times for the games to have increased heavily. from clicking load to retroarch opening seems to be almost 20 seconds for most games.

2 hours ago, robnmish said:

Since the update , i am seeing launch times for the games to have increased heavily. from clicking load to retroarch opening seems to be almost 20 seconds for most games.

No launch code has been changed so I doubt this update affected that. If you are using HSM Mega Bezel shader it does cause a pretty significant delay to RetroArch's start time. My machine is pretty beefy and it takes about that long to get into a game because of that shader.

Beta 4 is out with the following fixes:

• Fixed: The auto-import feature unintentionally being used for games that fall under one of the Arcade platforms
  • Fixed: Epic Games Store login will now work with SSO services like Google

Thanks for all the help with beta testing this release. Unless something major gets uncovered, we are looking at a tentative release later this week, or early next week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

Will the auto-import ignore importing files that you have previously, manually deleted from the library but files remain in the rom folders?  If not, it seems like you would not be able to effectively manually delete from the library.

Just an observation on my part with beta 4. A few hours after updating to beta 4 and closing LB, I had added a few PS3 games and a switch game. An hour or so later, I opened LB to see how well it added the games and it took close to 10 minutes maybe longer before the Auto Scan feature ever happened. I was beginning to think the Auto feature was not going to work for me in beta 4. Previously it was like maybe a minute or so. Is there an approximate time variable for when it should activate?

3 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Will the auto-import ignore importing files that you have previously, manually deleted from the library but files remain in the rom folders?  If not, it seems like you would not be able to effectively manually delete from the library.

Currently, it will continue scanning back into LB any deleted items as long as the rom still exists in the designated folder

8 hours ago, Drybonz said:

I would suspect not. If a rom file in the folder is not represented in LB it would be scanned as new import. There is not a field in any LB data file that shows a game in the folder was previously added but deleted. So no current way LB would know not to re-add it. 

On 3/5/2024 at 12:51 AM, The Papaw said:

Just an observation on my part with beta 4. A few hours after updating to beta 4 and closing LB, I had added a few PS3 games and a switch game. An hour or so later, I opened LB to see how well it added the games and it took close to 10 minutes maybe longer before the Auto Scan feature ever happened. I was beginning to think the Auto feature was not going to work for me in beta 4. Previously it was like maybe a minute or so. Is there an approximate time variable for when it should activate?

Just Updating this, a second PC on my network took over 15 minutes before the Auto Scan feature kicked in. I have a another yet to test. Only difference between the two of them is first is connected LAN and the second is using wifi to connect to network (all roms stored on NAS and both LB builds are identical).

Isn't 10-15 minutes a bit too long? Took over 10 minutes before a third PC ever attempted to connect to drive with roms. With beta 1 and 2 it was only a minute or 2, not 10-15 minutes???

Edited by The Papaw

12 hours ago, The Papaw said:

Just Updating this, a second PC on my network took over 15 minutes before the Auto Scan feature kicked in. I have a another yet to test. Only difference between the two of them is first is connected LAN and the second is using wifi to connect to network (all roms stored on NAS and both LB builds are identical).

Isn't 10-15 minutes a bit too long?

I've noticed even before the auto update feature that PS3 games and WiiU take a really long time to search. I have also used a plugin made by the community for each of these consoles and they only take under a minute each.

9 hours ago, crusadeRGP said:

I've noticed even before the auto update feature that PS3 games and WiiU take a really long time to search. I have also used a plugin made by the community for each of these consoles and they only take under a minute each.

With beta 1 and 2 it was only a minute or 2 for me (no plugins or anything), not 10-15 minutes

I've updated to the final 13.12 version and automatic ROM import is a joke.

game1710194460328.thumb.png.0a68da4141300abbe963a9b845841d9b.png

As you can see on the screenshot it imported mp4 files and xml files. What ROM from what platform uses that extensions? It should ignore that.

My ROM directory is shared between LaunchBox and Retrobat and EmulationStation scraper uses ROM directory to store game multimedia....