LaunchBox Community Forums

12 Screenshots

About This File

Here you can download alternative versions of the CriticalZoneV2 theme that comes bundled with every LaunchBox installation.

CriticalZone is a BigBox theme designed for the usage of widescreen platform videos and utilizes videos as backgrounds.

This theme was designed for widescreen displays with 16:9 aspect ratios and optimized for a display resolution of 1920x1080. It will also work with other widescreen resolutions and 16:10 aspect ratios but it may not look as polished.

Available Versions:

- CritcalZoneV2 - BlueBox: A blue color variant of CriticalZoneV2. It features blue texts instead of green and has a different Default background created by @SentaiBrad

- BackgroundVideoOnly: All Views, except the TextList Views, will only use video loops as backgrounds. Also available as BlueBox version.

- BackgroundFanartOnly: All Views will only use Fanart images as backgrounds. Also available as BlueBox version. -> Use this version if you have performance problems!

- 1.8: The original and now old version of CriticalZone. It's officially EOL and won't get supported by me in any way. It's just still here for archiving reasons.

There’s also a red 80’s/Cyberpunk themed version of CriticalZone called “CityHunter”. It’s maintained by @keltoigael and can be found here:

How to install:

Just download the version of choice and extract the archive into:

“..\LaunchBox\Themes\”

Open the Options menu in BigBox -> go to “Views” and change the Theme to the version you just have installed.

IMPORTANT: CriticalZone V2 requires LaunchBox v7.11 or higher!

Known issues:

- The description texts in all Platform Views and CoverFlowWithDetails Games View won’t fill the whole space of the descriptions box when you use CriticalZone with a higher DPI setting than 100% or a lower display resolution than 1902x1080. It gets progressively worse the higher the DPI settings and/or lower the resolution is.

Thanks & Credits:

Thanks to @SentaiBrad for creating the new Default background video for the BlueBox variant.

Background video of the standard version: In The Deep - FREE Video Background Loop HD 1080p by NIZ.co (http://niz.co/wp/)

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

v1.2 (11/07/2016):
- Fixed: The alphanumeric navigation was invisible in the Games Wheel view.
- Updated: Changed the word "Overview" in to "Description" as this term sounds more fitting to me.

v1.1 (11/06/2016):
- New version of the background video as the old one caused to not loop properly on some machines
- Custom Clear Logos for platforms weren't shown properly because of a typo
- Updated the ReadMe file once again. Now with more information's on how to improve the performance of Big Box for this theme.
- Added changelog.txt file in the theme folder

• Like 23

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Jason Carr

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Currently my favorite theme...

Thanks Cid!!! :)

• Like 1
Link to review
Nyny77

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

King Cid :D

Link to review
y2guru

My only Theme for both the living room desktop and GPD Win10 !!

Link to review
Riffman81

This is by far my favorite theme for use with BigBox! Thanks for making this one Cid!

• Like 1
Link to review
LogicalEgo

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Cid is the man

Link to review