LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme 13.8

(15 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Neon Deluxe Arcade - LaunchBox Theme

banner.thumb.jpg.9208381856bcd6ae8cb62a9ff2464501.jpg

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.

INTRO:

In a dark alley lit by black light and neon, an arcade resides; Neon Deluxe Arcade.

Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme:

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Badges

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Big Box Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Street)

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Inside)

Mr. RetroLust's Realistic Retroarch Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

CREDITS:
Huge Thanks to @Grila for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his codes for especially the left sidebar and more from his LBPlex Launchbox Theme. Also huge thanks to @Rincewind for the inspiration and his permission and kindness to use his code of the Rincewind Launchbox Theme for full screen background images. I couldn't have made it as it is without you guys! Thanks to @C-Beats for adding the steam achievements to the theme, and the code for clear logos! Thanks to @faeran for the tip about video background transparency and the coding for the play time tracker. @Retro808 for the filters code, thanks man!

FEATURES:
More than I can mention, you just have to see it in action, one thing I can mention is that it features a bright green and slightly larger cache progress bar so you can't miss it when it's working to make a smooth experience :)

INSTALLATION:
Extract folder "Neon Deluxe Arcade LB" to Launchbox/LBThemes. Open Launchbox, go to Tools/Options/(Leftside bar) Visuals/Choose the theme in the dropdown bar. 

Tip: Tools/Options/Theme/Colors > Choose "Midnight Blue" for anything that was not possible to color change in Launchbox theming.

Important: This theme does not use fanart or platform backgrounds but a static 4K quality background, there are 7 backgrounds to choose from in the separate download, the image you want to display should be named "Background-01.jpg" and overwritten in \LBThemes\Neon Deluxe Arcade LB\Images. In order to get it working as you see in the screenshots please set your background settings to:

settings.thumb.PNG.58bf1e70e2c58e151b7077f742276927.PNG

Hope you enjoy, have fun brothers!

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 13.8   See changelog

Released

- New search function and pop up for latest LB version, thanks to @faeran

• Like 41
  • Thanks 11
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 minute ago, andyco47 said:

do ineed to been singn in ti launchbox to update my scores cus i am signed in to recive them.

You need to be signed into the Launchbox Database via the cloud menu in Launchbox.

just tryed signing in to cloud but launchbox wont let me sign in it says something went wrong in the launchbox app

Edited by andyco47

m not signed in in the cloud with the defult theme but that still works like the neon does not so i guess i aint nowt to do with that.

Still loving this theme, even more with the new game details sidebar!
Unfortunately, though, it has a bug that can be easily replicated (doesn't happen 100% of the time, but I guess at least 75%): With the game details sidebar enabled, click on a game, go into its edit window and change the game's title. When you press ok, you get an error and one image gets lost. I think it's always the clear logo, probably it's kinda still 'locked' from having been shown in the game details and thus cannot be renamed and thus gets deleted or something. LB's default theme doesn't have this issue. Using latest versions of LB and your theme.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, EgoBizarro said:

Still loving this theme, even more with the new game details sidebar!
Unfortunately, though, it has a bug that can be easily replicated (doesn't happen 100% of the time, but I guess at least 75%): With the game details sidebar enabled, click on a game, go into its edit window and change the game's title. When you press ok, you get an error and one image gets lost. I think it's always the clear logo, probably it's kinda still 'locked' from having been shown in the game details and thus cannot be renamed and thus gets deleted or something. LB's default theme doesn't have this issue. Using latest versions of LB and your theme.

Glad you like :) Damn that does sound complicated, I wouldn't know where to start in fixing that to be honest. If i'm not mistaken; when you change a games title then the images filenames will be renamed as well. Can you post the error message you're getting?

• Like 1

Can do but wouldn't you want to see if you're getting it as well? (I don't think it's just me, though, at least one other person is getting it)

• Like 1

Yep i'm getting the same error message, I think it's because I use the logo in the game details, is there anything I can do about this @C-Beats? Or should I remove the clear logo from the game details?

Error message is:

"An error occurred while copying image files for (path to clear logo file): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

ps @EgoBizarro the file does not get deleted btw it just keeps the original filename so it doesn't show up for the renamed entry, changing the title back will fix that or you should rename the image file to the changed game title for the time being.

Edited by Mr. RetroLust
  • Thanks 1

Cool, thanks!
I had already reported the issue in the discord, btw. But yeah, maybe together you can figure something out.
Hm, would be a pity to remove the clear logo, looks great there.
I wonder, though... I mean, other pictures, like screenshots are also shown in the game details, right? And they don't seem to have this issue.

• Like 1

@Mr. RetroLust Yeah for some reason the file lock isn't being cleared as soon as it should be in the details. I can take a look at maybe getting a converter made that you can use in the bind that will ensure the image is loaded once and then releases it's lock so that you don't have this issue.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

@Mr. RetroLust Yeah for some reason the file lock isn't being cleared as soon as it should be in the details. I can take a look at maybe getting a converter made that you can use in the bind that will ensure the image is loaded once and then releases it's lock so that you don't have this issue.

Thanks man if you could that would be great! 🙃

What's New in Version 2.13   See changelog 

Released Just now

- Added separate additional background images download to minimize the theme's file size

- Mouse over color for Badges tab is fixed now 

- Thanks to @faeran for adding the code to make related games possible. In order for this new feature to work you'll need the latest 12.10 beta

1 hour ago, zugswang said:

FYI, When changing videos the videos re-size themselves from 4:3 to 16:9 and vice versa noticeably when going through games.

Is this something that is just a timing issue you could fix, or is this how it needs to be ?

Whatever way it's still cool as before it had black borders when video was 16:9 (if I remember correctly) as I used an older version that had the video border that I prefer.

As I say, just an observation and it still works great.

Thanks again for this theme 👍

I haven't touched the video code for platforms view as all my platform videos are in 16:9. I haven't changed the video code for game details either as it was before.

9 minutes ago, zugswang said:

As I say I was using a previous version as it kept the video border for both 16:9 and 4:3 videos.

This new version still does this, but the transition is just more noticeable now in comparison.

Thought I would see if it was just a timing issue when you revised it.

Thanks for info.

I don't think I fully understand what you mean by timings?

12 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Meaning, when it goes from a 4:3 video to 16:9 video it takes a second to adjust then switches to whatever one is required.

On the previous version it didn't do that, so I just wondered if it was a timing issue in the coding when it was switching.

You need to go from 4:3 video to 16:9 video in Launchbox to see what I mean.

Yeah I guess it's something introduced in the new launchbox version then.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Nice, but why not show the marquee at the top of the game details view, if there is one?

Nice idea but my manual xaml skills aren't that good to put marquees in place when on an arcade system. Dont know if its possible but you could try adjusting your clear logo priorities and put marquees on top priority as a work around.

I don't think the Launchbox priorities apply to the game details view, only to the main window. At least not in the same way - I tried setting the priorities, but LB would only show the image being linked to in the xaml.

Try this XAML. I used code from the Default Plus theme by faeran. It uses the background image and on top the clear logo. Just put the XAML into your Launchbox directory > LBThemes > Neon Deluxe Arcade LB > Views.

GameDetailsView.xaml

This whole theme is amazing. Love every aspect of it. Just wondering if it's possible to show the selected game's platform logo in the top right instead of the game's clear logo?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mlsaunders1985 said:

This whole theme is amazing. Love every aspect of it. Just wondering if it's possible to show the selected game's platform logo in the top right instead of the game's clear logo?

Thanks, glad you like :) Not sure why you'd like the platform logo instead of the selected game logo but you'd have to swap out the codes in the xaml files for this.

2 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks, glad you like :) Not sure why you'd like the platform logo instead of the selected game logo but you'd have to swap out the codes in the xaml files for this.

Thanks, it's just that when I'm looking at a playlist, I want to be able to see right away which platform a game is for (when I have different ports of the same game)

On 9/10/2022 at 11:18 PM, dreamy said:

Try this XAML. I used code from the Default Plus theme by faeran. It uses the background image and on top the clear logo. Just put the XAML into your Launchbox directory > LBThemes > Neon Deluxe Arcede LB > Vie

Thanks @dreamy - but I'm keen to have an OR, not an AND. I want the banner to appear, and if there is not banner then the clear logo. And if there is no clear logo, then just the game title. I don't want to have the clear logo appear on top of the game banner, it just looks messy.